Which do you like better?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to get a tattoo this week and I can't decide between these 2 designs.

Edit: These are the wrong dates. The actual ones are May 2, 1959 and August 17, 2007.

It's kind of fuzzy but it will get fixed if I choose this one.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're both pretty, but I like the bottom one for a girl much better. The top one looks more like something a Sailor would get.

Both are pretty though and you should pick the one that you like the best because you are the one who is going to be wearing it for life.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you having it put on? Are they both the same size, just different size pictures? If they are sized right, I would say use the one with the doves if you are getting it on the small of your back or a place like that, but if it's going to be on your ankle or a place smaller, use the other one.

Actually, I love them both! The second one actually "speaks" to me more, if that makes any sense.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that reasoning, but I like them both... except that they've put the commas in the wrong place. They belong after the date:

Nov. 3, 1940
Oct. 13, 2000

Or you could do them military-style:

3 Nov 1940
13 Oct 2000

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I like the top one, but as someone else said, that may be better hidden. Also, are those commas after the months in the date? If so, they should be periods; the commas should go after the numbers, separating the day and year, i.e., Sept. 4, 2007-Sept. 5, 2008. (Not to sound bossy; but just wondered if you had noticed, and, since it's a tattoo, I thought you may want to know!)

BTW, your Dad passed away exactly a year and one day after my Dad...Dad said he always wanted to live to see the year 2000. Sadly, he didn't...

I think you're getting the tattoo in his memory is very sweet.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think if you can't decide then you should wait to get it done till you are absolutely sure. I won't cast a vote because it should be personal to you. Not what I or anyone else but you likes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Where are you having it put on? Are they both the same size, just different size pictures? If they are sized right, I would say use the one with the doves if you are getting it on the small of your back or a place like that, but if it's going to be on your ankle or a place smaller, use the other one.

Actually, I love them both! The second one actually "speaks" to me more, if that makes any sense.
I am going to get it on my shoulder. The picture with the stars would be smaller than the other one.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I understand that reasoning, but I like them both... except that they've put the commas in the wrong place. They belong after the date:

Nov. 3, 1940
Oct. 13, 2000

Or you could do them military-style:

3 Nov 1940
13 Oct 2000
I know the dates are like that. It's just a design, its not even the right dates.

Originally Posted by MargeCat

I like the top one, but as someone else said, that may be better hidden. Also, are those commas after the months in the date? If so, they should be periods; the commas should go after the numbers, separating the day and year, i.e., Sept. 4, 2007-Sept. 5, 2008. (Not to sound bossy; but just wondered if you had noticed, and, since it's a tattoo, I thought you may want to know!)

BTW, your Dad passed away exactly a year and one day after my Dad...Dad said he always wanted to live to see the year 2000. Sadly, he didn't...

I think you're getting the tattoo in his memory is very sweet.
My dad actually passed away August 17, 2007. It is just a design, its not the actual dates. I probably should have said that in my original post.

My boyfriend is currently drawing a tattoo for me. When he is done, I will post it.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like 'em both!!
But as already mentioned, the second one is more girly....

I would choose whichever one YOU like, cause its you that has to wear it the rest of your life!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am going to get the first one. I think it looks more like a memorial tattoo. The other one looks more like I just wanted to get a tattoo for my dad.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm personally not a huge fan of tattoos. But my honest opinion would be, like another poster added- if you can't decide on one of those - maybe those aren't the right ones for you. I'd wait a while until you come across "the one" you just can't take your eyes off of- then i'd get the one that truly means the most to you. Don't just settle one one that others pick for you. Pick the one you REALLY like- you'll know when you find it! A tattoo is a permenant committment- so don't just pick the first one that comes along- pick the one that you think will be timeless as you're going to be stuck with it.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the first one...but maybe it's only because I am partial to the bird. My one and only tatoo is a heart made from 2 birds (looks better than it sounds). Also, I think nautical stars are tacky...I don't like the colors so much either. But, when you find the right one, you'll know it...don't let anyone talk you out or into one...

Have you been to the parlor yet for a consultation or anything? It's pretty helpful and they can make any changes or elaborations (put their own artistis spin) on the ideas you have! Best of Luck and pics when you get it!!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the one with the stars. It is prettier, and big fields of red like in the heart can tend to get splotchy over the years. White can be gone in just a short time, even with a good artist. It is a pretty picture, but the other one would make a better tattoo.