Non-Cat Relatives/Friends

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How many of you have relatives/friends who think you are absolutely CRAZY the way you go about caring for your cats. Do they think you are obsessive and CRAZY?

SOME EXAMPLES WHY NON-CAT PEOPLE WILL THINK YOUR CRAZY!

-CatSite Forum Fanatic
-buying them more toys when they have enough
-talking to them like babies
-caring for them like babies
-treating them like babies
-showing them at cat shows
-bathing, brushing, grooming
-buying the best food and explaining why you do
-how they always come up in coversations
-they are really ALL you talk about

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family thinks I'm cat crazy...

My family hates CATS.. Hates them with a passion, they are dog people.. I've never got that I'm a dog person too, but whatever..

I had surgery in March, and I ended up getting a staff infection, my father blamed my cats for the staff infection. He swore up and down there hair or dander got into my line when the visiting nurse was there to change it. The truth of the story was the visiting nurse was a MORON, and didn't do it right, and left it in too long, and didn't clean it right.. So I got a staff infection.

I was out of it,, my father told my husband to get rid of my cats or he was gonna shoot them.

Long story short,, I didn't get rid of my cats, and he's gonna have to shoot me before he touchs my girls.. There my babies... Anyways,, it's the price you pay for dealing with non animal lovers in the family..

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really, but just about everyone in my family / and all of my friends are big animal lovers

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are totally cat crazy! Its our family that thinks we are crazy for how many cats we have & that we have devoted our house to them. Our family just doesn't understand...

Our house is pretty much covered in cat furniture, cat highways, cat tunnels, cat toys...When they come over our house - they have this total look of disgust on their faces like why on earth did you do this to your house type of look...

If they don't like it - they don't need to come over then...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

We are totally cat crazy! Its our family that thinks we are crazy for how many cats we have & that we have devoted our house to them. Our family just doesn't understand...

Our house is pretty much covered in cat furniture, cat highways, cat tunnels, cat toys...When they come over our house - they have this total look of disgust on their faces like why on earth did you do this to your house type of look...

If they don't like it - they don't need to come over then...
I wanna see pictures!

Most of my family are cat lovers also, so they understand.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sister and brother each own a cat. They're not quite as cat-crazy as I am but they get most of what I do. My dad loves cats too so he gets it. My mom isn't a cat person but when she comes over she seems to like our cats enough... she doesn't ever say anything about us being weird or anything... though I guess we don't tell her the REALLY crazy things, hahaha.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum isn't keen on cats, but she's always had pet birds which she's mad about and always told me everything they were up to and talked about them all the time, so she does understand my love for my cats even if she's not a cat person herself. She is unfortunately scared of Radar, but she's not the only one, he brings it on himself with his obsession with trying to kill peoples feet tbh

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one friend who doesn't like cats (she's terrified of them actually). Everyone else I know, including my brother, are cat freaks! So we all understand each other

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most people I know are dog lovers or cat owners which in my mind is different than being a cat-lover

The only other person I know that loves cats as much as I do, lives way out in Ontario, and she insists that she won't consider me as crazy as she is, till I have as many as she does. (she has 5, I have 3)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 1/2 the family has a pet dog or cat, but we are the ONLY ones that show our cats

They've never really said much about our showing cats - maybe they are jealous or just don't care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

My family thinks I'm cat crazy...

My family hates CATS.. Hates them with a passion, they are dog people.. I've never got that I'm a dog person too, but whatever..

I had surgery in March, and I ended up getting a staff infection, my father blamed my cats for the staff infection. He swore up and down there hair or dander got into my line when the visiting nurse was there to change it. The truth of the story was the visiting nurse was a MORON, and didn't do it right, and left it in too long, and didn't clean it right.. So I got a staff infection.

I was out of it,, my father told my husband to get rid of my cats or he was gonna shoot them.

Long story short,, I didn't get rid of my cats, and he's gonna have to shoot me before he touchs my girls.. There my babies... Anyways,, it's the price you pay for dealing with non animal lovers in the family..
Hospitals are FULL OF GERMS. How dare your father treat you like that!

I bet if your cats had it THEIR WAY they would take your father out and shoot HIM!

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

Most people I know are dog lovers or cat owners which in my mind is different than being a cat-lover

The only other person I know that loves cats as much as I do, lives way out in Ontario, and she insists that she won't consider me as crazy as she is, till I have as many as she does. (she has 5, I have 3)
AH HA! There IS a difference between cat owners and cat-lovers!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think when I use the cats as an excuse for going home people look at me wierd.

Truth is probably more like 'I didn't want to be here in the first place so I want to leave, cats are the best excuse I can think of without hurting your feelings'

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my freinds are cat people, but I can think of 1 or 2 that don't understand why I have 4.
Alot of people I work with think I'm crazy, but only 1 or 2 will actually admit to me that they think I'm nuts

I'd say everyone in my family except my sister thinks I'm crazy for having 4 cats.

Another thing a lot of non-cat people I know don't understand is why I'm against declawing. No one actually asks me, but someone asked my sister, "Why wouldn't you declaw your cats." I think most of the family has already heard my lecture about why I'm against declawing. Not to open that whole can of worms on here.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I`ve almost got the hang of not giving my work mates their daily updates on the kits. They don`t listen anyway but no more updates about how Kitty puked or Maisie farted

Someone came round sunday and I know he thought I was mad. Kitty had to have his biscuits before visitor had cup of tea and they got told off for stroking him in the wrong place and upsetting him.

My sister has 3 cats and 2 dogs and we often chat about them but she still has a good laugh and says I`m bullied by Kitty

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Well, I`ve almost got the hang of not giving my work mates their daily updates on the kits. They don`t listen anyway but no more updates about how Kitty puked or Maisie farted

Someone came round sunday and I know he thought I was mad. Kitty had to have his biscuits before visitor had cup of tea and they got told off for stroking him in the wrong place and upsetting him.

My sister has 3 cats and 2 dogs and we often chat about them but she still has a good laugh and says I`m bullied by Kitty
If that were me, I would have been hanging on my chair, listening intently to every word you had to say about your kits! We would be comparing notes.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

If that were me, I would have been hanging on my chair, listening intently to every word you had to say about your kits! We would be comparing notes.
Bring blankets and pillows and over-night bag!

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started this thread, and I did not post what my relatives/friends think about my cat CRAZINESS.

SORRY, I don't have anything to share. If they don't like cats or are not CRAZY about cats, they are not in my 'book'.
Sort of like the book the man upstairs has! I associate with them as little as possible, only as a necessity when I have to.

While associating with them, I secretly would rather be with my fur girls.