Jordan's latest blood test

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Jordan had yet another blood calcium test on Saturday. one of the vets called me. It wasn't his normal vet because apparently he's out of the office for 2 weeks. The vet said his blood calcium was "at the top end of normal", so I called back to ask for the number. Of coase I was away from my desk, Dr. Habriga has told me 10.8 is the top end of normal, & his blood calcium is 11.0. When he first went on the pred it droped from 12. something to 10.7 and stayed there until we doped the pred to every other day. Then it went back up to 11.7 I was praying that it would be back to the 10.7. The truth is I really think whatever is going on with him is progressing. This is just so hard, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make him all better.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that Jordan's blood calcium has not dropped as much as you hoped. At least it is better than 11.7. Is he on the pred daily now or every other day?

Healing vibes for Jordan and hugs for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 mg every day. I worry about the side affects, but given the strong possibility that this is some sort of cancer I am trying to keep in mind that it's about making him comfortable.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I was looking at a picture from when he was a kitten and realized that at the beginning of next month I will have had him for 4 years. I realized as short as it is I wouldn't trade a moment of that 4 years. He's given me a lot of good stories. Like the time he opened the kitchen cabinet & knocked out a jar of spagetti sauce. I don't think I ever got that sauce of the celing in that apartment. The scarry part of it was that when it hit the stove it put the pilot light out & filled the appartment with gas.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine told me "Every day is a gift" and it's so true.
Is he still eating well and playing?

Raven is doing much better this week. The vet thinks the Metacam gave him an ulcer.
Poor guy. We took him completely off it. This week he's eating and playing, even told off Stimpy a couple times. I want to watch him until Monday before we try the last drug available. We think he's sore, but he's definitely not as bad as before he went on the Metacam.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's eating preety good, but he knows that he's got me wrapped around that cute little white paw of his. At night he will eat 1/2 of his wet food & then jump on the table & look at me until I give him a little dry food. I found another F.F. flavor he really likes. He love the slamon & shirmp. So far I can only find that one at the pet store. He's playing alittle. What worries me is that Levi has picked on him a couple of times and Levi is the cat at the bottom of the ranks. It worries me because it's like Levi knows what's going on.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

What worries me is that Levi has picked on him a couple of times and Levi is the cat at the bottom of the ranks. It worries me because it's like Levi knows what's going on.
We have that problem with Stimpy (picking on Raven). I don't know if you have a Feliway diffuser going or not. If not, I highly recommend it. I can tell by Stimpy's behavior when it's low. We also bought a few more squirt bottles to keep them handy. We asked the vet about Stimpy's behavior, she said there's not much we can do other than what we already are--Stimpy knows something wrong.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I discovered a new way to feed them. I think I'm going to start giving them all less wet food a night & water it down. I did that last night & they seemed to like that. It also seemed like Jordan was less listless after eating than he has been. He still had a little energy, and then ate like a champ this morning, and then when I fed the other cats their dry food he came over looking for some (so being that I'm a sucer for his sweet face, I gave him a little). Then insted of laying down infront of the door looking uncomfortable he went & laid down on the bed like he used to.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jordan must have been feeling good again this morning because he ate his whole 3 oz can of FF & then ate second breakfast when I fed the other cats dry food. He ate almost 1/8 a cup of dry food.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep another 2 breakfast morning for Jordan today. If this continues, I'll have to stop giving in to his every whim. He at 3 oz of F.F. Beef Liver & then 1/8 cup of the Dr.s Foster & Smith hair ball dry food. As much as I hate to order food from the internet (well not hate, but i'm afraid I'll forget) I'll have to get more of that food. Although I'm noticing that he eats more when given a variety.

I also had a night of not much sleep because he kept laying on my hair & trying to push my head off my pillow. When that didn't work, he tried knocking over the lamp on my night stand, when that didn't work he went into the bathroom & opend the drawers & started taking stuff out & droping it on the ground. Then when my alarm clock went off he jumped into bed & went to sleep until it was time to eat. Today is a good day for him, this is how Jordan has always been. I miss his behavior, but I don't miss being this sleepy.

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah that FF Salmon and Shrimp Kicks A -- ! Walt ADORES it!

Sounds like he is hanging in there pretty well. Hope he keeps eating ... and feeling good for it!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4meezers3kids

Yeah that FF Salmon and Shrimp Kicks A -- ! Walt ADORES it!

Sounds like he is hanging in there pretty well. Hope he keeps eating ... and feeling good for it!
I need to get some of that. Raven is bored of plain FF Salmon loaf.

I'm glad Jordan is feeling so well. It's cooled down here and all of my cats are feeling frisky.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I'm glad Jordan is feeling so well. It's cooled down here and all of my cats are feeling frisky.
You know I didn't even think about it, but the cooler weather might explain it. Maggie has been a little more spastic than normal. His regular vet is back and right now I'm waiting for him call me. I'm nervous for some reason. I don't know what for because Jordan's doing so well.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just talked to the vet & he said that as long as he's doing good, he doesn't have to go back for a couple of months. Of coarse if something changes he'll have to go back in sooner, but I'm sure Jordan will be glad to be away from there for a while.