I'm worried about Frankie

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very worried about my baby girl. I woke up this morning to find large amounts of vomit all over the downstairs. Frankie was hiding under my computer desk and didn't move all morning while I was getting ready... not even when I put food in their dishes. There was also some runny poop in the litter box but I think that might have been Wickett. I'm pretty sure it was the food but I'm still worried. I bought them a new flavor (same brand and type as usual) of canned food over the weekend and they got it yesterday. I wonder if it was the flavor that disagreed with her. I can't blame her for being so tired looking and hiding... I'd want to too if I'd been that sick. I called my vet and their answering service picked up... he's on vacation till the 14th! I can't afford ER care and I'm not comfortable taking them to a new Dr. My husband is still home and keeping an eye on her till he leaves at 8ish... then I'm going to try to leave work at 10 so I can check on her again before I have to go to class. If she's not better then I may see if I can get her in somewhere. I just hate seeing her like that and it was even worse when I heard the vet was gone... and they were referring people to the emergency clinic. I hope she's feeling better soon. I needed to get them both to the vet for their regular check-ups but I really want them to see my regular vet.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww bless her little heart, i hate hearing when their sick

Sending Frankie some mega healthy over and just hope it's an upset tummy.

Rosie was sick last week but i think it's because she ate too quickly because she was ok later on.

You probably have done, but remember to make sure she drinks?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I helped her with some water before I left for work.... which was so hard to do. I checked her skin and she seems hydrated.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The food smelled ok but I'm not giving it to them again. My hubby just called and said he watched her try to go potty and it looked like she was having trouble. So, I just called a clinic and we're taking her in an hour. Hope she's ok.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan, Thank you for your concern!

Frankie and I are both home and doing better. Seems it was just a bad reaction to the food and like people once she got all the sick out she was still have "contractions" so to speak which is why it looked like she was straining in the box. I'm not very happy about how things went at the clinic but fortunatly we shouldn't have to go there again. The vet tech grabbed Frankie from me so the vet could examine her which really bothered me. Then they said they were going to administer 2 shots. One to settle her stomach and one to up her fluids. Fine. Until the vet tech took her out of the exam room (with out me!) to do it. I could hear my poor baby screaming at them through the door. She never screams at the vet... she only growls and occasionally hisses. I was so upset by that. When they brought her back the tech said she even got away for a second and ran down the hall. I can't blame her... I probably would have bit them. Wouldn't it be MUCH less stressfull for the cat to have it's parents with it (my husband went with us and was possibly more concerned than I was). They said no food till tomorrow but she's clearly feeling better (she was begging for food as soon as we got home) so I'm going to give her a very small bit of food (maybe some chicken) so she doesn't gorge herslef tomorrow when I put food out again. Poor Wickett didn't know what to make of it. He actually hissed at her when we got home so I put him in the spare room while I went to class. They both seem fine now and I'm happy my girl is acting herself again.

They will both still have to see our regular vet when he's back for their checkup and vaccines. I hate that she has to go again but at least I trust our regular vet and she does too. This will be a new experience for Wickett.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little girl

I wonder if she was allergic to an ingredient in the new food, to have such a reaction? I'm glad she is feeling better now though.

Lots of for Frankie.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
for a full and quick recovery...

What is the new food and what was the old food

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry shes not feeling well ..........Im sending major vibes for her for a quick recovery and a settled tummy.

That would upset me how they treated her and you, too. And then on top of it, to be in a situation where you HAVE to stay, but shes home now.

Why did they say she couldnt have anything to eat until tomorrow?

If you use the vanilla trick on them both Wickett will adjust to her quicker.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

for a full and quick recovery...

What is the new food and what was the old food
They always get 9 live wet (yes, I know it's not the best but it's all Frankie will eat) I usually buy them 4 flavors at a time. Typically it's chicken, turkey, whitefish and the super supper. Well, the store didn't have the super supper so I got a salmon flavor and that's what upset her tummy.

Originally Posted by Pami

I am so sorry shes not feeling well ..........Im sending major vibes for her for a quick recovery and a settled tummy.

That would upset me how they treated her and you, too. And then on top of it, to be in a situation where you HAVE to stay, but shes home now.

Why did they say she couldnt have anything to eat until tomorrow?

If you use the vanilla trick on them both Wickett will adjust to her quicker.
They were afraid that her stomach was still having contractions (ie: dry heaves) and they also didn't want her gorging when food was available and making herself sick again. I did give her about 1 oz. of dry food and a few pieces of chicken last night and you'd have though she'd not eaten in weeks! So, she's definatly feeling herself again.

Oh, and Wickett was fine with her when I got home from class.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww the poor baby being scared like that with the vet tech
It's stressful enough for them to start with and that's why i made sure mine had a bedside manner with them
At least they'll be seeing their own vet next time, bless her little heart

I'm pleased Frankie's a lot better today though as well as eating

Whenever one of mine go to the vets theres always hissing when one of them gets back, so i've just started to take them all in together