Worst way ever

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To wake up:
I'm sure we all have stories of how our cats have woken us up, Lets hear the worst!

I sleep with a cup of water by my bed, normally I drink most of it before I actually fall asllep but the ice cubes melt over night so I get more water lol! Well anyways, apparently my cats have decided that my spring water is much better than their tap water in their bowls... This morning I was awoken by Joey sticking his head into the glass trying to get the last bit out. Would have been fine, but the cup was smaller than the thought and it got stuck on his head and water went all over me, the cat, the carpet, my bed, and my phone... at 8 AM... (I know thats not early for most, but it is for me, I didnt get home til 3
) While I got my butt out of bed to soak up water, he sat in the corner and gave me dirty looks like I did it... He's not the brightest of cats....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol he got you out of bed hehe.

the worst was my RB cat, She used to come over and lick my eyelid how i was sleeping,
cats tounge on your eye, will wake you really fast hehehe,

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm... Worst wake-up call? That would have to be Tiny, trying to get to Newton in his hamster cage, and upsetting it so it fell three feet to the floor.

One scared hamster-mommy, one scared cat, and one scared hamster later, it turned out we were all fine. The hamster now lives on top of the 'fridge, which is the only place in the house that the cats can't reach.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Grizzly decided to have a litter of kittens on the bed -actually her water broke while sleeping on Neil and we quickly moved her-she ended up havng that litter in the bathtub!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well Grizzly decided to have a litter of kittens on the bed -actually her water broke while sleeping on Neil and we quickly moved her-she ended up havng that litter in the bathtub!!
One of my best friend's growing up had her cat do that to her! Except they were all born already when she woke up! I think they were born Christmas Eve or very close to it too. Nice lil presents!

I guess the worst for me was way back when my RB girls Glory and Tinsel would play chase all night. My Mom and I were living in a single wide trailer at the time and they liked to run the full length of it and Glory would use the walls as a spring board to turn around. She literally ran up them. The problem was that my bed was at the one far end of the house! I got in the habit of jerking my legs up if I heard them galloping toward me! Even years after Tinsel passed and we moved I'd catch myself doing that if I heard a noise that reminded me of it!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

. Would have been fine, but the cup was smaller than the thought and it got stuck on his head and water went all over me, the cat, the carpet, my bed, and my phone... he sat in the corner and gave me dirty looks like I did it...
I can just picture that in my head right now.

Oh and you did do it, keeping the tasty water for yourself and giving the kitties inferior tap water
and of course not to mention, you didn't have a large enough cup for him to safely get his head in and out of.

Poor Joey, must have been a bit of a surprise. Poor you waking up that early.
Did you hear him making a sound or something? or woken up by water going every where?

Neko and Ryu are face biters, Neko bites my chin really hard, Ryu likes to chew my ear off. (not the old saying about talking too much, chewing either)

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Usually Ike tries to wake me up sweetly: Purring loudly and putting her head under my hand so I will pet her. Very cute. But sometimes, because she is still a kitten, she will get TOO playful (around 5 in the morning) and attack my and my boyfriend's feet AT FULL FORCE! It's never nice to have kitty claws an inch into your heal at 5am.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho, our big heavy cat, seems to have some fascination with standing on DH's ah... privates
He's been woken up countless times by Sho jumping on or doing his best to fit all four feet and crush.

Tomas has woken me a few times by trying to get into my water glass, luckily the one time he managed the glass was empty.. but still heavy and fell on my head.
He bites, licks, cuddles, and kneads my hair too but I've learn to mostly sleep through that.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Sho, our big heavy cat, seems to have some fascination with standing on DH's ah... privates
He's been woken up countless times by Sho jumping on or doing his best to fit all four feet and crush.
hm maybe he been reading TNR stuff, or just trying to return the favor

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hm maybe he been reading TNR stuff, or just trying to return the favor
I just read that out loud to DH and he said to me "Hey! It was your idea"

I know why Sho does it, quickest and most effective way to wake him up.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Clyde is a good-sized kitty, about 15 pounds, and he often wakes me by leaping from the floor right smack onto my stomach. It's like having a bowling ball dropped on you in the middle of a sound sleep... but with claws!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

I can just picture that in my head right now.

Oh and you did do it, keeping the tasty water for yourself and giving the kitties inferior tap water
and of course not to mention, you didn't have a large enough cup for him to safely get his head in and out of.

Poor Joey, must have been a bit of a surprise. Poor you waking up that early.
Did you hear him making a sound or something? or woken up by water going every where?

Neko and Ryu are face biters, Neko bites my chin really hard, Ryu likes to chew my ear off. (not the old saying about talking too much, chewing either)
We use just cheap styrofoam or plastic cups for things like night time drinks and stuff, so luckily it wasnt an actual glass, but last time we went to the store, they didnt have our regular size, so we had to get the smaller 12 oz ones. So obviously that was the problem!
And I kinda semi-woke up to bat at him and tell him no when I heard him edging towards the nightstand, but the next thing I knew I was getting hit with water!
Our other 2 are sweet when they wake us up. Not Joey he is very very demanding! If you dont wake up after a nudge, then he will sit on your chest and start kneading your throat! Not pleasant!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Claw in the nose. Ouch.

Ginger and Mojo were playing, I think, and Ginger was making her escape or chase (I really don't know which), and as she kicked off the bed with her hind feet, one of the claws caught the inside of my nose. It bled quite a bit and hurt like the dickins.

melsb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The worst way to be woken up? To the sound of your cat (or dog, or child) vomiting! Is there anything worse? Maybe when they are throwing up something dead - that would be the cat, maybe the dog, never the children.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bug starts out trying to wake you up in a sweet way. He'll purr and rub his nose on your nose and rub your chin. If you don't open your eyes when HE thinks you should, he'll either bite your nose hole (and that hurts) or he'll slap your eyelid with a pawfull of nails! We've learned to open our eyes as soon as he rubs.

Jake skydives off the dresser ( about a good 3 feet above the bed) onto my legs or tummy. Needless to say, that wakes me up real fast and painfully.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I have to say that has got to be the worst way to wake up. The others are kind of cute and funny but thats just well, gross.

For us, Karma has take to standing on my hair and yelling. She pins me down and then yells at me to wake up. The only thing I can do is say good morning Monkey and start petting her. Thats the only way I can get her to stop. If I try to lifet her off she becomes dead weight and I am not strong enough to lift her up so I just have to lay there and take it. Granted it nice because she will start to purr and lick my face but having a cat pin you down and yell at you is not a nice way to wake up. I also don't want to stop her because its a new thing for her. After 2 years of gaining her trust I don't want to mess it up, I want her to cuddle me in the morning so I just put up with it. However I would like to be able to roll over and really cuddle her but its a start.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has to be a toss up between being awakened by my Angel Spooky's toxic farts in my face, or hearing one of the cats wretching while bringing up a hairball. Neither one is a pleasant way to be awakened.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That has happened to me - and my mom. I had to put the birthing bed on Mom's bed so the cat would stay put!

Originally Posted by melsb

The worst way to be woken up? To the sound of your cat (or dog, or child) vomiting! Is there anything worse? Maybe when they are throwing up something dead - that would be the cat, maybe the dog, never the children.
This wakes me up the fastest. Those first sounds that mean it's coming up have got me out a of dead sleep in nanoseconds!

How about a catfight on your head? This was some years ago.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by melsb

yes that , nothing makes you jump to your feet faster