At what age does hmmm become visible?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At around what age does testicles become visible? I have had Pong what 2 months now and I still don't see any. Could I have guessed his gender wrong and he is really a female?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can tell males from the time they are born. If you wait till later, sometimes its not as evident till a few months old.

But you can feel around to find them. Has your kitten been seen by your vet yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all my medical expenses at the first of the month no. But other than that little eye issue (vet recommended some meds I had for that) he has been fine. I will get him in when I have the cash for that. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will have some extra cash coming in. Looking at pictures and the area I think Pong might be a Pongette. I mean I see what could be sacs but I feel nothing in there. Also the area looks more like a slit instead round.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL it took me 13 weeks to figure out that Sophie was a BOY!!!!!

Late bloomer I figured.

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My guy's weren't visible for a while, and I wondered too if I was told the wrong thing, esp since a couple of his nipples are visible through his coat, even though common sense is that boys have them too... they told me he was 4 mos when I got him and it had to be a few months later they were there, because it took him a good while just to come out enough for me to get a look...

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just tried to take a few pictures. Yeah not gonna work till he goes to sleep somewhere.

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitty was clearly a boy but he had no testicles down there either. In his case they were undescended.

batan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

LOL it took me 13 weeks to figure out that Sophie was a BOY!!!!!

Late bloomer I figured.
It took me a while to figure out that Sisko was a GIRL!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm I don't know what to say.

I can tell you about Ryu, it was quite clear he was a boy but his sack was tiny, and when the vet squeezed them as such I thought he has to be very young coz the sack virtually flattened, anyways 6wks later they are almost as big as Diego's, I figure it was coz he was so starved they shrunk or didn't develop well.

If you didn't have Pong so long I would have guessed that he might be still filling out too.

Maybe he is Pongette

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Remember how a picture can say a thousand words Takezou?
Do you want me to paint 2000 words with some shots of Diego and Ryu?

Your quite right, I thought I was the only one that took ball photo's. We thought if we could take a pic to the vet he could tell us he can fix Diego at 6mths rather than 8, but he said he needs to play with them first.
Not just go by a photo.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Pong's area looks nothing like the picture Rosie showed. i will try to get a picture but with Pong this is hard.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a 1/2 dozen pictures or so I have found he is none to happy with me taking this pictures. Here are the best ones I could get. Pong was not gonna make this easy on me.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

After a 1/2 dozen pictures or so I have found he is none to happy with me taking this pictures. Here are the best ones I could get. Pong was not gonna make this easy on me.
I do believe it safe to say from those photo's darling, that Pong is indeed Pongette.
I think all that means for you is a slightly more expensive vet bill when it comes to spaying.