Question of the Day - September 3rd

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Katiemae1277 is the new Question of the Day queen, but since she is away this long weekend, I'll fill in for today.

Labor Day is the unofficial end of Summer in the United States. Since today is Labor Day, looking back what was your favorite part of this Summer. For those of you in other climates, what was your favorite part of this past Winter?

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite part of this summer was sitting on my porch at night listening to all the creatures. And the bright full moons. Last night I heard two owls "hooting" back and forth at each other. I really enjoy that.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow....my summer was so busy...it was like it didn't happen at all

Hmmm...I did manage to see my all-time favorite band live! (The Format), went to the beach a lot (love it there) and spent some good quality time with my best friend, who is out of state for school

It was a fun and BUSY summer

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite part of the summer has been playing on the grass bank next to my house with my son, with Ziggy trying to join in.

Also watching Ziggy sunbathing on the decking. And of course, the birth of her babies.

Hurray for Summer, my second favourite season, the best one is coming up next....

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The heat and the humidity, I love both and being able to wear shorts, a tee and open toed shoes everyday is just so enjoyable.
I would have liked aircon but hey, you can't have it all right.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite part of summer was that I didn't have to cut my grass more than once a month. In the spring it was every week!

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd have to say the highlight of my summer was...after a fun night in Atlantic City, a bunch of us decided to sneak onto the beach at 2 am, strip down, and go swimming. I haven't gone swimming in the ocean for years and the water is always so warm in August!

-Kristen

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer was so busy for me it's hard to think of anything that stands out. But I guess if it is anything will be sitting on my deck just after dark listen to the frogs.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhhh summer - I just love being able to wear shorts, shirt and Crocs all summer, going to BBQs with friends and just enjoying the weather. It's been pretty mild here all summer so has been lovely, except for the last week which has been stinking hot!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

My favorite part of this summer was sitting on my porch at night listening to all the creatures. And the bright full moons. Last night I heard two owls "hooting" back and forth at each other. I really enjoy that.
That´s terrific!
....sometimes the owls fly on our nights over our home!

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My favorite part was getting married on the 7th of July. To an awsome man who excepts my children as his. That was def my highlight of the summer and this year!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A hummingbird came to my feeder! I've had one out for the last few years and nobody came. I finally saw one while I was talking on the phone one evening and screamed into the phone "I've got a hummingbird, oh my gosh!" He has been a regular now, I am so happy.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I became DEBT FREE on August 1!!! That was a pretty big deal for me because it took about four years to do it

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wedding on June 16th and my honeymoon to Hawaii!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite part was August 5, the day before my birthday. It was the last time I saw my dad (except for when he was laying in the hospital after his heart attack). Other than that, my summer sucked. Between having surgery and my dad passing away I have been off work for like a month all together this summer so I haven't made much money to do anything fun.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The highlight of my summer- and probably one of the highlights of my life- was my surgery that I had on August 9. Best thing I've ever done for myself. I had a breast reduction and had 5 pounds of tissue removed! My back thanks me every day