What sacrifices do you make for your cat that you wouldn't for anyone else?

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I'll wake up needing to go tinkle in the middle of the night, but if my cats are curled up next to me, comfortably asleep, I'll hold it as long as I can so as not to disturb them.
Also, Poops likes to sit in my lap and stretch up to my shoulder--I'll hold her with one hand, and type with the other.
I'm almost ashamed to admit that to anyone else buy y'all

But the truth is, I wouldn't stay in bed for my BF to avoid disturbing his sleep.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, if I wake up in the middle of the night because nature is calling my cats have to fend for themselves. They get to sleep all day while I'm gone, so if I gotta go, I go! Normally though, the cats don't sleep with us. They come in at night to get their lovins, then they leave and destroy the rest of the house.

DH does wake up earlier than me, and leaves the bedroom door open so I usually have feline and canine companions in bed then. The other morning, I woke up...I was on my back..I had a lab curled up on my right side, a pug sharing my pillow (with her butt in my face) Gizmo on my left side trying to start a play fight with Harley, who was curled up between my legs, and Missy stalking, wanting to join in the kitty fun. No...I didn't move. I was afraid to!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...when they say jump, I ask how high, and I don't do that for anyone else! And of course, if Boo is sleeping on the dryer, like she is now, I have to wait until she's awake to do the laundry. Can't disturb sleeping beauty!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

Well...when they say jump, I ask how high, and I don't do that for anyone else! And of course, if Boo is sleeping on the dryer, like she is now, I have to wait until she's awake to do the laundry. Can't disturb sleeping beauty!!
I know that feeling. Everyone says Kitty has me wrapped around his little paw

I have sacrificed my bedroom for Maisie
She now has this room just for her

And I have this room
It`s actually a cupboard.

Kitty is annoyed, I ache but Maisies chuffed to bits

When my sister came to stay for the night before I had Maisie, I put her in the cupboard!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really a sacrifice, but I sure wouldn't clean up anyone else's poop..., must less wipe icky butts and feet when there's been an accident (no, I do not want children so that isn't even a consideration).

As for them wanting food when I'm trying to sleep, they can wait. And they can scoot over on the bed too, if they don't like it they can take over DH's side.

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like my space when I sleep, usually dont tolerate too much cuddling with hubby when Im really tired but with Barkley he likes to curl all up in a little ball (he looks like a cotton ball!!) and wedge himself into me (arm, back, legs, neck). Only do I do that with him though, Petunia is just like me, she likes her space when she sleeps and doesnt let Barkley too close to her but rather will give him this look like "go cuddle with mommy, she likes it, I dont"

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my house it is the issue with my new recliner. About 8 months ago I decided to splurge and bought a brand new recliner. It is a great chair, very soft and comfy and wonderful to relax in. However, my cats have decided it is their chair and spend a great deal of their time lounging and napping in it.

Now I am not saying that I don't get to use it but let me tell you when I am sitting in it and they are glaring at me I feel pretty guilty about sitting in their chair...

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'd let anybody else claw me while they were playing. Tiny is still learning that clawing is Not OK, and my ignoring him while tempting him with an appropriate toy seems to work pretty well. That, and if he persists, I hiss at him.

I also wouldn't hiss at anybody else, but that's just because I know humans would think I was insane instead of angry/scared. Weirdly enough, I've adopted the slow-eye-blink smile/nonhostile-expression so much that I often catch myself doing it with humans! But I really think the slow-eye-blink makes much more sense to say, "I'm here in a social context and I mean you no harm," than a smile. I mean, who but a human would bare his teeth to show that he's nonhostile!?

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Not really a sacrifice, but I sure wouldn't clean up anyone else's poop..., must less wipe icky butts and feet when there's been an accident (no, I do not want children so that isn't even a consideration).
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Sometimes I'll wake up needing to go tinkle in the middle of the night, but if my cats are curled up next to me, comfortably asleep, I'll hold it as long as I can so as not to disturb them.
All of the above. Especially wiping icky butts. And trimming and brushing out Ema's pants when there's been an accident. Although all accidents have stopped since they have been on Wellness... I've been able to grow out Emma's pants from her military crop to their bushy glory, and they have a centimeter or so to go, but they're basically all there, and no accidents to date.

I would NEVER let anyone chew on my ear and not put up one helluva fight. I'd never let anyone put their bare feet on my face when I know they were just using the toilet, nevermind that they actually walked in their toilet. Nor would I kiss said feet. I'd never let anyone stick their nose up my nose or stick their tongue up it without decking them, but Emma does that on a regular basis though she knows I hate it. Insult to injury, her nose is cold and WET.

I also would never open myself up to anyone like I do for the kitties.. no one, and I mean NO ONE is allowed to get as close as they are to cuddle or just to talk.

Originally Posted by Callista

I also wouldn't hiss at anybody else, but that's just because I know humans would think I was insane instead of angry/scared.
I snarl and hiss at people. But then again, they do think I'm a tad bit off my rocker. That's okay though, because who said rocking chairs were comfortable anyway?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been known to "hold it" as long as possible on more than one occasion, simply b/c I didn't want to disturb their "majesties."
And this is really pathetic, but lately, I've been sleeping in the spare bedroom, instead of w/ my b/f, just so 'the boys' can sleep w/ me too!
There isn't enough room, otherwise..
Besides, my b/f snores, and my cats don't!

I wouldn't clean up anyone else's pooh or vomit, either - w/ the exception of my son when he was still in diapers, and my granddaughter's messes.

When I'm cleaning up around the house, I work around the cats if one of them is in the way, and go back to it later.

This is really pathetic, but lately, I've been sacrificing my own health (i.e., doctor's office visits) just to pay for Geronimo & Winchester's FIP meds & vet visits.

What can I say? I love my babies!

KittKatt

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

I also would never open myself up to anyone like I do for the kitties.. no one, and I mean NO ONE is allowed to get as close as they are to cuddle or just to talk.
Yeah, THAT too! Guilty as charged!

But cats won't "betray" you, like most people would!

~KK~

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Yeah, THAT too! Guilty as charged!

But cats won't "betray" you, like most people would!

~KK~
Too true!

But they do gossip and plot amongst themselves.

Also, I'd never let anyone throw up into my hands like I do for the kitties when they're not feeling well. They love throwing up on me.
Though it does really reduce clean up... wipe off in trash can and then scrub hands clean, no floor scrubbing and carpet cleaning.

Thanks for those tissues... after thinking about that I needed them! LOL

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I let sister and bucky have my pillows... sleep hanging off the side of my bed so that Tiny can sleep next to hubby...wake up with a cramp in my neck more often than not just so they can be comfy.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see.....last night I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get the snot Kojak left on one of the closet doors to the cat room off! He was on the cat tree and sneezed down it and it went all over the closet door....yuck! It had dried too (i think he sneezed on it earlier in the day) So yea i spent a good 20 minutes trying to scrub dried on snot off of the closet door! And since i'm soo darn blind I didn't realize that I had got up the snot after a few minutes and had started to rub off the paint until i got up really close to it....so yea, now i need to repaint the door!
I certainly wouldn't go through all that trouble to clean up snot for anyone else

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I spent almost $400.00 on a fancy leather office chair, and for awhile I was actually able to use it. However, whenever I got up one of my cats jumped into it. I got tired of fighting them for my chair so now that chair sits next to my computer desk for my cats to sleep in and be near me, and I sit on a 7 year old fabric secretary chair that doesn't have any arms and the back doesn't have much if any support and I have to put a folded up towel on the seat to add some padding!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clean up Osiris's runny poo accidents (he has them whenever Tiger comes near him)... I just did it this weekend, it was all over the wall, the floor, him, etc... I also clean up my kitties puke puddles (sorry for the graphicness). I cant stomach it, but someones gotta do it
I wouldnt do that for any human unless I had children (which i dont). I also sacrifice the couch for them on many occassions.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Like the others said, I am the only one who will clean up the 'pukes'.
They will upchuck when the food is too cold and I get too lazy to zap it in the microwave for 7 secs. Gee, it will only take 7 secs. to keep them from puking.

I have researched for hours and traveled longer than expected and went out of my way to get them GOOD food. I have sacrificed my time finding out about vaccinations too. YUP, I think I sacrificed a LOT for them!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

Too true!

But they do gossip and plot amongst themselves.
You've noticed that too, huh?!

Sometimes, though, I figure out what they're plotting!
Then they give me that "How did you know?!" look.

I know b/c I'm a cat meowmy, and I have eyes in the back of my head - and years of experience knowing what a cat thinks!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lakeriedog

I let sister and bucky have my pillows... sleep hanging off the side of my bed so that Tiny can sleep next to hubby...wake up with a cramp in my neck more often than not just so they can be comfy.
Ditto! I've woken up on more than one occasion w/ a stiff neck, too!
Maverick & Gabriel (especially Maverick) love to sleep on my pillow, right next to my head. I'm constantly picking cat fuzz off my face and out of my hair! (and sometimes out of my nose, too!)
Maverick also loves to burrow under the covers w/ me, and I get stiff from laying in one position for too long, b/c I don't want to disturb him.

But when I sleep w/ my b/f, he doesn't DARE hog my pillow!

~KK~