Some Exciting News

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to wait till tomorrow to announce this. But I'm excited and can't wait.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a new kitty. I will be fostering for a couple months (at least). Hopefully it won't be too long before the kitty I pick up gets a new home. I am not sure which one I'll be getting. But I asked for an older cat that's good with dogs, cats, and children.

I know tomorrows a holiday but the lady will be there cleaning so I'm suppose to call her then. I'm taking Kota with me to make sure they get along. I think Puff will be ok. I know he had issues when he was at the shelter but that was in a small cage. He should be ok in the house as long as I introduce them correctly.

So be prepared for pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw, that's so exciting...it takes a special person to foster!
This will be my first time fostering. I'm sure I can handle it. Question is can the rest of the family. Expecially my daughter. But I will talk to her about it before I go pick the cat up to make sure she understands we are keeping the kitty temporarily.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo Hoo!
You know, Damita & Dory were fosters!
PJ & Punky were only here until they are healthy....although I haven't adopted them, they're healthy & still here!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Woo Hoo!
You know, Damita & Dory were fosters!
PJ & Punky were only here until they are healthy....although I haven't adopted them, they're healthy & still here!
lol. NO NO NO I won't adopt any more. The house is small. And hubby has dibs on a dog before I adopt another cat.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How old is your daughter? Would she understand that someone out there is looking for a kitty the way you guys were looking for Puff & if you kept the foster kitty there would be a sad/lonely girl/boy out there still looking for a kitty?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How old is your daughter? Would she understand that someone out there is looking for a kitty the way you guys were looking for Puff & if you kept the foster kitty there would be a sad/lonely girl/boy out there still looking for a kitty?
Yes she's 5. She knows there are homeless animals in the world and that they will die if no one adopts them. I don't hide the truth from her. Though I sometimes sugar coat it a bit. No need for her to see the horror of it. But she knows that we saved Puffs life when we adopted him. So she will understand that we are trying to help another. Though she'll likely insist we be that family to save him/her.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Would you expect anything less?
Of course not..lol. She's just like mommy and daddy. She loves animals completely.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cool. Maybe you can make an arrangement that you can get updates on the kitty. That way your daughter also sees how what you are doing is ongoing!!!

My house isn't clean enough or calm enough to foster. So we just adopt a lot of animals, LOL.

Although someday I would like to foster a pregnant mother. That would be awesome.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

That's so cool. Maybe you can make an arrangement that you can get updates on the kitty. That way your daughter also sees how what you are doing is ongoing!!!

My house isn't clean enough or calm enough to foster. So we just adopt a lot of animals, LOL.

Although someday I would like to foster a pregnant mother. That would be awesome.
I'm a Stay at home mom now so I'm here all day to keep the house clean and play with the animals while everyone is away. It gets pretty boring while hubbys at work and Sierra's in school!

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It takes a special person to foster another, whether the other is a person or an animal. Can't wait to see the pictures and a big
for you doing what youre doing!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just called the Lady. She's going into the center now. I just woke up so I'm going to get ready. I think I'll walk Kota so she's not so hyper before I go. So another hour or two.