My sweet boy is gone......too sudden!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I have several cats, two of whom are almost 13 years old, three who are around 9-10 years old, a FeLV positive 5 year old, and two who are younger....... I have prepared my self (as much as one can) for the inevitable loss of my two oldest sooner rather than later, and I know that Tiger, the FeLV baby, can take a turn for the worse and be gone in a very short time...BUT

This morning I got up to find Gizmo asleep in the very same place I'd left him last night.....but he wasn't asleep......he had passed away sometime in the night!:-(
I've cried until I can't see straight, and my head hurts almost as badly as my heart right now, I just wasn't expecting this, and had forgotten how badly a sudden loss hurts.

( For those of you who don't know Gizmo, I have a friend in TN who found him injured and abandoned as a tiny baby in June of 2004, she rescued him and saved his life, but they couldn't keep him, so her then 13 year old son told her to call me, that he knew we would take care of him, and he could come visit him sometimes too.........so now I have to tell a very sensitive 16 year old boy that I failed him too....sigh!)

RIP, Giz, my sweet little grey and white talking kitty.....find Little Bit on the other side of the Bridge and have her to show you around.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was indeed too young. Rest in Peace Gizmo.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Giz was such a handsome boy.

Such pain can make us feel as though we are being torn apart.

Precious Gizmo is now healthy and whole, chasing butterflies, as he waits for you at the Bridge.
Gizmo

Forever in your heart

rosalieparisi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was indeed too young. Rest in Peace Gizmo.
I LOST MY BOY, SIMBA, THIS PAST JANUARY. HE WAS 14 YRS. OLD AND I BELIEVE HE SUFFERED A STROKE. I KEPT HIM HOME TO DIE AND ON THE THIRD DAY, AS I WAS PETTING HIM AND TELLING HIM IT WAS TIME TO GO TO RAINBOW BRIDGE, HE TOOK HIS LAST BREATH.
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, I KNOW HOW IT FEELS.
ROSALIE

ptnfl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahh, I'm so sorry about your baby. My Boo died suddenly on Fri evening without warning. I found him in my bathroom closet; he was 2 yrs. old. I know how upset you are, believe me. I'm hoping things will get better with time. Try to hang in there; your other babies need you and they certainly can sense something is wrong. Take care

Donna

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im sorry to hear this, what a handsome boy he was
Please know that you gave him a wonderful home and lots of love for the small time that he was here with you and that means a lot! Gizmo was a lucky little guy to have found you

RIP sweet Gizmo

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so very very sorry. I know how much this hurts, but you haven't failed anyone. Your sweet Gizmo knew a great deal of love in his short life, and he went to the Bridge warm, well-fed and well-loved. Try to think about the happy times you had with him. I hope your heart can find peace in time.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo sorry. I lost my Polly, my dog not to long ago, and I still feel the pain from losing her.. Your in my thoughts..

Gizmo,, have fun playing and frolicking over the rainbow bridge..

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Thanks guys.....I buried him late Sunday evening

Still can't think of him without bawling.
This is such a touchie situation for me, I can just read this and I am bawling, I actually can feel that pain your feeling, and I am sorry, I too lost my baby,
"Scream" last year, she went out and never came home! I have never been so sad,(well maybe one other time) I feel it everytime someone here loses one of their own!I haven't let scream go to the bridge. Even though I have said it a few times! I just don't
know what happen to her! So I mean this whole-heartedly, I wish I could take
your pain away! Your Baby had it good, and the boy won't blame you either!
Don't do that to yourself! I hope for peace to come your way! PM me if you
want to talk, anytime! Take it easy!
Monique