Bella the Snow Bengal

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New pics of Isabella, our seal lynx marble girl. She's 2 months old as of yesterday.
She has her first show in 2 months. We can't wait to see how she does.

I'm a marble, but I have spots too!

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aww she is cute! Do Bengal's change their fur color as they get older or will she be that pretty white her whole life? (Just wondering since her tail is darker).

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Supid question, but is she grey or brown?
I'm having a hard time deciding which color!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those eyes are amazing!

I can't wait to see what she looks like as an adult!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Supid question, but is she grey or brown?
I'm having a hard time deciding which color!
Not stupid at all.
Her background color is white and her marble markings are sort of a muave color right now. She is a seal lynx, so her marble color will be light brown/tan as an adult. The "lynx" part will keep her eyes the brillant blue color.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, she is a stunning girl - I love those eyes! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's older.

What sort of personality does she have?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, she is a stunning girl - I love those eyes! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's older.

What sort of personality does she have?
Oh, she is a PRINCESS of course.
What else could be expected from a blue eyed bengal??
She's very sweet to me and Teri, afterall we cater to her left and right. She's a bossy girl with her siblings. I'm sure she thinks they are her servants to do her bidding.
We're already working with her on show behavior. She must allow the judges to hold her in undignified, un-princess like poses. So, she's being trained to enjoy all of that, or at a minimum tolerate it.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

She is adorable! Her eyes are stunning! How do you train them for a show and is there information online about training?
There's really no specific source online that I can think of. You can get bits and pieces here and there.

We start by subjecting them to the handling that judges will employ during the show. Also helpful is subjecting them to lots of loud noises and "crowd type" sounds.
We also confine them for short periods of time in a small cage, so they will become accustomed to being in a judging cage.
Getting them used to new things and taking the fear out of new situations is critical. One of the main goals is to have your cat trust you above all else and she/he will take her cues off your behavior when she/he is introduced to new/scary things. This will go a long way in the showhall, when you're carrying your cat to a ring and something spooks her. She will look to you automatically for comfort and support. When you're calm and relaxed, she will calm down as well.
The main thing that scares my new show cats in the showhall, is people in wheelchairs. Since I can't subject them to that at home, I have to rely on my ability to reassure my cat in the showhall that it's ok...no harm will come to them. After a few shows they get used to the wheelchairs.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip! When I go to the next show I will be watching how they handle them and learning all I can since I am considering getting a show bengal.
I'm still doing tons of research, but am proud of how much I have already learned from yourself and on my own. I also learned that to start with a show alter is the best way to start in showing a breed and allows you to learn all about that breed.