Update on Libby: Needing help

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Libby has given birth to 7 kittens :eek: We were told by the vet that she would be having 3-4 max! But they're all lovely
6 of them are pure black like her and one is a bengal tiger just like another cat called Eddie that we have who we thought was her brother!! Anyway, what i wanted help on was the fact that since finishing giving birth Libby has got something coming out of her vulva. It isnt a kitten and it isn't any discharge. I think its after birth like a placenta or something, is that normal? Or should we consult a vet?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not an expert on birthing kittens, but I know she must pass the afterbirth. I mostly wanted to wish her well, and make sure this post stays near the top so some of the experts will see it. I hope she is ok.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's normal. If she didn't expell all the placentas while giving birth then that's probably what she's doing right now. She will continue to have small contractions for a while to help get everything else out. She will also be bleeding for the next couple days.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if the it is still the same tomorrow then she will need to see the vet asap.

and just for the record if a bengal Tiger was to breed with your cat its just not possible lol, i take it you ment a bengal cat? pictures will be great of all your furbabys kittens and cats when you get the chance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

if the it is still the same tomorrow then she will need to see the vet asap.

and just for the record if a bengal Tiger was to breed with your cat its just not possible lol, i take it you ment a bengal cat? pictures will be great of all your furbabys kittens and cats when you get the chance.
Yes thats what i meant.. lol.