Daily Thread Sunday 2 September

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all,
how's your sunday today?

Today I got a bit annoyed coz I knew we were going out to a symphony but I wasn't aware of the time. My wife was elsewhere and I was listening to music and dozed off. Then 5mins before we have to leave, my wife comes in and says its time to go. Now I've never been to one of these things before, so I had assumed its a night time event not midday.
Anyway, long story short, I hate being blamed for making someone late when I haven't been given the details

Personally I hate being late for anything, and I usually arrive with plenty of time to spare and when others arrive just 1 minute late, I get so furious. Don't know why.

Anyways, thats my day, all you, have an excellent day ok.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Personally I hate being late for anything, and I usually arrive with plenty of time to spare and when others arrive just 1 minute late, I get so furious. Don't know why.
I'm the same way. My dad and sister are both always late for EVERYTHING- if they tell you they'll be there at 11:30 they'll show up at 12:10. It drives me up the wall.
but when you're related to them you have to get used to it. I, however, feel like I'm late if I'm not 10 minutes early!
so it's hard when my sister is taking me someplace, haha.

Quiet sunday for us here, we're going boating with my FIL later on, that should be nice... I love being out on the water. However my FIL likes to water-ski so I'm a bit afraid that (because of my recent surgery) the bouncing will be too much for me! We'll see how it goes, I'm just looking forward to a day outside

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beccory

My dad and sister are both always late for EVERYTHING- if they tell you they'll be there at 11:30 they'll show up at 12:10.
Thats unacceptable in my book. The average rule is, if someone is 20mins late, then they aren't coming. {I'm talking also if they haven't had the decency to tell you.} Me though, if your 15mins late, I say you aren't coming, so I will change my plans, or if there are a group of us and we are going to do something together, then we start without the person.

It was so difficult in the army, when you were given timings, and then when the time comes you are told to "hurry up and wait". That........

Great I'm turning my daily into an IMO.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we've learned to work around it by telling them we want them there at 11:00 if it really starts at 11:30... works pretty well!

My sister is working on it, she's even been early for a couple of things recently- she plays violin for a theater that does musicals so she has to be more punctual. I hope the trend continues.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning all, another nice morning here, sunny and breezy. Beginning to feel like typical autumn weather for my part of the world.

On the subject of being late, it annoys me to no end. My older sister is one of those people who will show up 20-30 minutes late then not understand why your irritated.

Same old same old here today, finishing up my hot chocolate then heading off to work for a bit. Not much to do today finished most of my paperwork yesterday but am sure I will find something to keep me busy for a bit.

The kitties are good, having a bit of a treat. They have forgiven me for the puppy incident and I am no longer in the doghouse.
Check out my thread In the doghouse, cat style for the details.

Everyone have a good one.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen The Contractor? (previously named The Shooter, but had to change names so not to be confused with the Mark Whalberg film, Shooter)
It's a Wesley Snipes film. It was quite good, parts of it reminded me of the film Liberty Stands Still {another Snipes movie}. Oh and its actually still called The Shooter over here, I guess Japan is not so advanced after all.

Wesley Snipes, IMO, is the coolest African American actor out.
But don't get me wrong, Eddie Murphy, Eddie Griffis (SP?) Chris Rock, Chris Tucker and Anthony Anderson are all great actors oh and Delroy Lindo but still I reckon Snipes tops the lot of them.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm the same way. My dad and sister are both always late for EVERYTHING- if they tell you they'll be there at 11:30 they'll show up at 12:10. It drives me up the wall.
but when you're related to them you have to get used to it. I, however, feel like I'm late if I'm not 10 minutes early!
so it's hard when my sister is taking me someplace, haha.
That sounds like my family...
I learned during high school to never ever be late. Marching band corrupted me! If you showed up at exactly the time it said, you were running laps.... I have always been at least 10 minutes early for everything!

Its a boring Sunday here, gotta go to work in here in a little while. Besides that, nothing fun is going on. More work on my BF's car getting ready for the show.
The weather is finally getting better here too! It actually felt really good outside last night. But its going to be almost 90 again today. I think we are going to try to go to the lake for a picnic sometime either this after noon or tomorrow afternoon.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've gotta finish fixing the CV axle on our Integra today so we can have it for work tomorrow. I don't really want to do much else but relax after that. We're watching Pop-Up Video on VH1 Classic right now. I used to LOVE that show.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Hmm you always have a hot chocolate, are you a fellow non coffee drinker by chance?
I'm a tea drinker, does that count?
I used to drink coffee but I got horribly addicted and decided it wasn't worth the (literal) headache.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm a tea drinker, does that count?
I used to drink coffee but I got horribly addicted and decided it wasn't worth the (literal) headache.
Tea works, I'm like maccha, thats the real green tea of green tea's. Hot chocolate over here tastes like pus. There are 1 or 2 food stuffs I miss from NZ, but I can get mum to send it over
which means I never have to steo foot in that country again.

Not sure when exactly I went off coffee, I started drinking a little in the army when out in the field. The last coffee I had was a coffee flavoured milk in '05 which kept me up 2 days straight.

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, the weather here this morning is just beautiful. I've got the windows open and the cats are enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of the outdoors. Don't have much of a day planned. Just going to enjoy the nice weather. I should probably work on homework today...maybe later (procrastinate much?)

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon everyone!!!!

I have a shameful admission...I *JUST* woke up at 3:30pm!!!!!!!!

Talk about a lazy Sunday!!!

I can't believe I was allowed to sleep this long... DH fed the cats. There were problems... lol because I always do...but WOW I had some weird dreams in that long sleep time!!!

Much needed I think.

The weather here is beautiful as well!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Walked foster dog about 150 yards before I had to carry her back to the house, she's so obese she couldn't take another step. Changed kitty litter, did you know it takes 100 lbs to fill all my cat boxes every week?
Vacuumed up doggie hair & kitty litter. Updated out shelter's Petfinder listings. I'm off to care for animals at the shelter tonight, gotta get pics of a couple of dogs to put on the internet.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
back from some shopping, and my head is KILLING me. It's 4pm and I haven't had lunch yet.

They say you learn something every day. What I learned today is that the last weekend before back to school is NOT a good time to go to IKEA. I'm surprised I got out of there alive!
And I was disappointed to find out they don't sell their cheap solid wood shelves anymore. Dang!
At least I got some nice lamps, candle holders, curtains, etc.

Now I need to go back out before the hardware store closes.

I just ate a big piece of chocolate... that should hold me until I get back.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Posting really late today!!
Slept less than ok last night-I don't know if it was my headache but I smelled some odd things last night-like burnt metal-Neil says one can't smell burnt metal!! I let Bobs in at 2 am and even though it smelled funny in the bedroom-when I stepped outside it smelled ok!! Weird!!

Anyhow did some laundry, tore out the rest of the walkway to the front of the house-railroad ties (sleepers to the UK folks!!) and we hauled them into a pile. So now I can get a better idea of how my redesign can take shape!!

Neil finished the new mailbox post and its in the ground!! I have to do some touch-up painting tomorrow. Just hope no one takes this one down for a while.

Thats about it. Should be a nice night low about 56F and about 80F the next couple of days.

Enjoy the evening!!