Member Spotlight of the Week***Gingersmom***

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm handing off the spotlight to Betsy a little early. I may be away for the computer for the holiday.

So to get the inquisition started, I have a few questions for you Betsy.

1. When did you buy your first bike and what kind was it?

2. You're going on a camping trip for a week, what 5 things are at the top of your list as "must have's" to take along?

3. How many states in the union have you visited?

4. Have you ever been to the Smithsonian?

5. You find $100 bill in an empty parking lot. On one side is Petsmart on the other is a retail store you enjoy shopping at for yourself. What do you do?

6. Just prior to reading this question, what was the last thing you said to the cats?

7. A Genie appears and grants you 3 wishes. What would you wish for?

8. What single thing aggravates you the most on any given day?

9. What do you look foward to everyday?

10. What is your favorite wild cat?

Enjoy!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, I knew this was coming at some point...can't hide forever, I guess...

1. When did you buy your first bike and what kind was it? My very first bike was a Honda CT-70 semi-automatic street/trail bike, and I was 15 years old.

2. You're going on a camping trip for a week, what 5 things are at the top of your list as "must have's" to take along? Tent, air mattress, sleeping bag, matches and bug spray.

3. How many states in the union have you visited? I've passed through more than I stopped to visit in, but I have visited people/places in: CA, AZ, NV, CO, FL, SC, NC, MA, NH, RI, CT, ME, VT, DC & NY.

4. Have you ever been to the Smithsonian? Yes, I think a total of 4 of them. I'd love to go back someday and see more of them.

5. You find $100 bill in an empty parking lot. On one side is Petsmart on the other is a retail store you enjoy shopping at for yourself. What do you do? LOL, easy answer: run to PetSmart and stock up on cat litter, grabbing a few more toys and some cat grass on the way out.

6. Just prior to reading this question, what was the last thing you said to the cats? I said "Morning, Ginger-Kitty," and gave Penny some scritches. I haven't seen Ferris yet. (I slept REALLY late.)

7. A Genie appears and grants you 3 wishes. What would you wish for? 1.) That all my debts be paid in full, freeing up my cash flow; 2.) That my daughter find success and happiness in her life; and 3.) And that I be given One Millllion Dollars in a surprise inheritance from a relative I didn't know that I had.

8. What single thing aggravates you the most on any given day? Stupid people.

9. What do you look foward to everyday? Seeing my kitty's faces.

10. What is your favorite wild cat? Hard to choose, but I guess that Elsa the Lioness is my most favorite "wild" cat that ever existed in real life.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Only one question... why did you agree to subject yourself to the spotlight?
Because I'm a masochist?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You hear that infamous knock at the front door. You open it and there stands the celebrity of your dreams!
Who is it and are they riding a Harley?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are being chased by zombies and your choice of weapons are a sling shot or a flame thrower. What do you use and why?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

You hear that infamous knock at the front door. You open it and there stands the celebrity of your dreams!
Who is it and are they riding a Harley?
Colin Farrell
and yes, he's on a Harley. I can't talk about the rest of the adventure.

Originally Posted by lookingglass

You are being chased by zombies and your choice of weapons are a sling shot or a flame thrower. What do you use and why?
A highpowered flamethrower for sure. Cremate those zombies, I say!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How did you come to live in Salem, MA?

2. Is the tourism high in Salem due to the infamous Salem Witch trials? If so, what is there available to see in Salem?

3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

4. Do you like to read?

5. What do you like to do when you have time for yourself?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How did you come to live in Salem, MA? I was born and raised here.

2. Is the tourism high in Salem due to the infamous Salem Witch trials? If so, what is there available to see in Salem? Tourism here is a bit of a sore subject with me. I live in the heart of the Historic Distric, and at times it becomes difficult to get around due to the number of out-of-towners crammed into our tiny seaport town. You can find lots of information about Salem by visiting here.

3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would like to visit the Galapagos Islands someday.

4. Do you like to read? Vociferously.

5. What do you like to do when you have time for yourself? See answer #4 above.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the fast replies!

1. What do you like to read?

2. What do you like to watch on TV?

3. Have you always been a cat person?

4. How did you get interested in the Galapagos Islands?

5. Do you like to garden?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What do you like to read? Horror, mostly, some trashy novels can be amusing, some mysteries, but I don't do romance novels or sci-fi. I do like some fantasy stuff, along the lines of the ancient Celts.

2. What do you like to watch on TV? Not much...I used to be a big ER fan.

3. Have you always been a cat person? All my life, but my mom was allergic when I was a kid, so I grew up with feathered friends. Had birds right through until January of 2005, when my cockatiel, Alex, died at age 17.

4. How did you get interested in the Galapagos Islands? Old PBS TV shows.

5. Do you like to garden? I have a green thumb, and have many, many houseplants: foliage, flowering (African Violets) and succulents. I don't have an outdoor garden at the moment, but I have had a flower garden in the past. The rosebushes I planted still grow there - I drive by it once in a while.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, big words in your answers!
I'm not the best at thinking up questions, but I can give it a shot.

What on earth were you thinking when you decided you wanted a Bengal?

Is Penny everything you hoped she would be & more?

What do you do for a living?

Do you have any major regrets in your life?

Adopt or buy a pet?

Do you like dogs?

Have you ever had a dog?

Would you ever like a Bengal kitten?

Was your first bike the start of you like of them, or did it cause you to like them?

That's all for now....I kept thinking up questions about your kitties, not you!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Betsy!

I have some questions for you……….

~ If you could have ANY (paying) job in the world and be successful at it, what would it be?

~ Who is your favorite singer?

~ Who is your favorite band?

~ What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

~ How many siblings do you have?

~ What is your birth order?

~ How many nieces & nephews do you have?

~ Do you like shopping for antiques?

~ What is your favorite color?

~ Do you collect anything?

~ How many cats have you had since your very 1st one? What's the most you've ever had at one time?

~ Cameras....do you prefer to be the picture taker or the subject?

~ What kind of car do you drive? (if you have one, that is)

~ Residence.....own or rent?

~ Did you attend college or trade school?

~ Have you ever been camping?

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning!! Looks like you've got a lot of questions to answer!!

Here's mine:

1) If your life were a television show, what network would it
be? (example: soap network, discovery channel, etc.)

2) What's the grossest thing you ever ate?

3) What do you wish you could win a trophy for? What little thingie
would be on the top?

4) Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, did you act cool or were
you like a babbling idiot?

5) If your 3 wishes were granted and you DID win the lottery, which
would you pick to have? A personal chef, maid, masseuse, chauffeur,
shopper or other?

6) Would the underwear you have on right now get the Mother's Seal of
Approval?

7) What's the first movie you saw in a theater?

8) What was the last thing that made you laugh until your face hurt?

9) If you could go back in time one year, what advice would you give
yourself?

10) Do you use disposable razors or one where you replace the blades?
Soap or shave cream?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the spotlight Betsy

A few random questions:

Do the kitties sleep with you at night?

Which one of your kitties personalities is closest to yours?

What's the farthest you have ever been on your bike?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What on earth were you thinking when you decided you wanted a Bengal? I've wanted a Bengal ever since I met a male Bengal an exBF had about 14 years ago. It was THE coolest cat I'd ever met, with an incredibly purrrsonality. He used to run up behind you, launch himself at you, wrap all 4 legs around your calf "tagging" you, then take off for you to chase and tag HIM. He was awesome - I've admired the breed ever since.

Is Penny everything you hoped she would be & more? Much, much more. She is incredibly special.

What do you do for a living? I sell mailing lists to B-2-B and B-2-C direct marketers.

Do you have any major regrets in your life? Yes, a few, and they are very personal.

Adopt or buy a pet? Both: Adopt FIRST and OFTEN, but don't let anyone make you feel badly if you want to buy a purebred - just stay far away from BYBs and Mills.

Do you like dogs? I love most dogs, the only ones I met that I didn't like were badly raised by not-so-nice people.

Have you ever had a dog? No, but I am a member of the extended pack of a few dogs.

Would you ever like a Bengal kitten? Yes, but I'd prefer an older kitten. A nice, spotted boy would be wonderrrrful.

Was your first bike the start of you like of them, or did it cause you to like them? Motorcycling runs in my family on both sides. I think I was born loving them - it's in the blood.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ If you could have ANY (paying) job in the world and be successful at it, what would it be? I am successful at whatever I put myself to do, so it would depend on the pay, I guess.
I do a lot of volunteering. So ideally, if I could afford to get my Master's Degree, I would love to get a Master's in Non-Profit Administration, and be the executive director of a worthwhile nonprofit.

~ Who is your favorite singer? Don't have any one favorite. I listen to alternative. I would say the enjoyable voice to hear on the radio is Amy Winehouse - I feel terrible about her downward spiral into addiction and self-destruction.

~ Who is your favorite band? Don't have one favorite - not hugely into music (I do NOT own an iPod.) I have recently gone to see TOOL and Live in concert, and they were both fantastic.

~ What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? I don't eat ice-cream too often, so it depends on my mood. I like to order from a local ice-cream place the following concoction: Maple-walnut ice-cream with hot fudge, strawberries, whipped cream and nuts on top.

~ How many siblings do you have? One younger brother that I don't have a relationship with by choice, and two younger step-sisters that are nice young women, but that I don't know all that well.

~ What is your birth order? I am firstborn.

~ How many nieces & nephews do you have? Officially, by blood, one nephew and a niece due in October to the brother I don't speak to. Unofficially, I am "Auntie Betsy" to two wonderful little girls, ages 5 and 10, that I see nearly every day. They are daughters of two very close friends that I am responsible for introducing to each other about 15 years ago.

~ Do you like shopping for antiques? I do not "go" antique shopping - dealers charge WAY too much money - but I do own quite a few. I prefer to stumble upon them for free, or at the occasional yard sale.

~ What is your favorite color? Leopard print.

~ Do you collect anything? Stephen King 1st editions. My other "collections" grew by accident rather than by design.

~ How many cats have you had since your very 1st one? What's the most you've ever had at one time? Three and three. Ginger was and is my first.

~ Cameras....do you prefer to be the picture taker or the subject? Taker. The only time I don't mind getting my picture taken is when I'm out on my Harley, because that's when I am the happiest.

~ What kind of car do you drive? (if you have one, that is) I have a red '98 GMC Sonoma pick-up truck. I call it the Turtle.

~ Residence.....own or rent? Rent.

~ Did you attend college or trade school? I have an Associates and a Bachelors degree.

~ Have you ever been camping? Yes, and I know how (and prefer) to rough it (I'm a Girl Scout from way back,) but now that I'm an old broad, I need an air mattress for camping.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) If your life were a television show, what network would it
be? (example: soap network, discovery channel, etc.) Showtime.

2) What's the grossest thing you ever ate? I once made a cup of hot chocolate at a friend's house, and it wasn't until I took a big swig and felt something weird on my tongue that I found out - it was old and there were bugs in it.

Always check your packets BEFORE adding water!

3) What do you wish you could win a trophy for? What little thingie
would be on the top? I actually have several trophies for winning events in motorcycle skill competitions. I win 1st place in Slow Race competitions a lot. My trophies have either a little motorcycle on top or a cute little piggie (HOG.)

4) Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, did you act cool or were
you like a babbling idiot? I met Gloria Steinham and shook her hand, thanking her for shaping my upbringing and therefore my entire life as a woman. I also met George Bush (the elder) and ran into Peter J. Wolf in an elevator in Boston once. I know how to rub elbows without acting like an idiot.

5) If your 3 wishes were granted and you DID win the lottery, which
would you pick to have? A personal chef, maid, masseuse, chauffeur,
shopper or other? I have a very hard time trusting people with my things, and I'm not a foodie, so I would pick the masseuse. And I would hire a personal trainer. OK, maybe the chef, too.

6) Would the underwear you have on right now get the Mother's Seal of
Approval? I'm a mother, so yes, it's fine.

7) What's the first movie you saw in a theater? I have no idea - my grandparents took me all the time as a child. I'm sure it was something Disney.

8) What was the last thing that made you laugh until your face hurt? Something that just can't be discussed on TCS.

9) If you could go back in time one year, what advice would you give
yourself? None - looking back over the last year, I feel quite good about all the decisions I've made. I'm come quite far over the last 25 years. I can't say that I would change a thing, as everything I have done, good, bad and indifferent, has made me who I am today, and I happen to love me very much.

10) Do you use disposable razors or one where you replace the blades?
Soap or shave cream? OK, TMI time...

I have never shaved my legs in my entire life. I don't need to, no one can tell the difference by looking at or touching my bare legs. So my legs are soft and smooth, ALWAYS. Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah....

For the pits, I use a sensitive formula cream, and my Personal Touch razor that I've had since I was 12. I stocked up on blades online (and an extra handle, as razor brands/styles seem to morph over time, and my chosen one has now disappeared completely from store shelves) and now have enough to last me until I'm 80. And by then, I won't care anymore.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Betsy!....

Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!

SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs…
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know México?

2.- ¿Wich part exactly?

3.- Have you ever hearded about Mérida Yucatán México???? Is the place where I´m live!
As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!

Here´s the link my friend….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)

( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/

Enought for today, ....see you tomorrow my friend...