For women.....

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I just had my period last week, but tonite I am spotting again.

I am kinda panicking. What would possibly be the cause?? This never happens to me!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I have had it a few times, I went to the doctor everything was fine.
Hmm, ok...well I will see how long it last and then decide if I need to see my doc.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely see how long it lasts. Talk to the doc about the consistency if need be. Its probably nothing/ normal spotting. Nice being a girl isn't it?

tarasque

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i would just watch it for a few days and if you get any other effects like cramps that are worse than usual then go see your doc. Im glad that i only see mine only 2-4 time a year. I have the Implanon implant for BC and one of the side effects is that it can come much less, im SO NOT complaning about that lol.

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you been stressed about something? Stress can do wierd things to your period.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you should probably not worry, but definitely check it out with the doctor... and as for you Tarasque, WOW! I would love to be in that situation...but I'm a little scared about getting something like an implant BC...:/

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes women spot when they ovulate. Some spot every single cycle when they ovulate.

It's completely normal.

It's happened to me only a few times in my adult life but I always have ovulation cramps and know when I'm ovulating (plus I get REALLY hungry, hormones are such a funky thing!).

As long as it's not bright red and not a lot, there shouldn't be a reason to worry.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasque

i would just watch it for a few days and if you get any other effects like cramps that are worse than usual then go see your doc. Im glad that i only see mine only 2-4 time a year. I have the Implanon implant for BC and one of the side effects is that it can come much less, im SO NOT complaning about that lol.
wow i wish i was that lucky, i had the 3 year one put in just after my son was born, and i had nothing but problems, i would bleed for 3 weeks at a time and only have a weeks break then it would start again, or i would have small spooting throughout the hole month. im now back on the pill and everything has gone back to normal.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Ok, so I just had my period last week, but tonite I am spotting again.

I am kinda panicking. What would possibly be the cause?? This never happens to me!!!
How many days ago did your period end? Mine disappears for one day and then reappears for one last day.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

How many days ago did your period end? Mine disappears for one day and then reappears for one last day.
Mine does the same thing and it's SO annoying! It's like it's saying "fooled you!".

If this isn't normal with you though, I would make an appointment for a papsmear. I was spotting between periods for a few months and didn't think anything of it really because I was on the pill and just thought I needed a higher dosage. After I finally went to the doctor to get the higher dosage, I found out I had stage 2 abnormal, possible cancerous cells. I DIDN'T have cancer, but had the beginnings of endometriosis, which can lead to cancer. Yeah, I was doing some major nail biting and worrying for a week. But, they took a biopsy of the cervix, gave me medicine and all is good now.

I'm not saying you have anything remotely that serious, but it's a good idea to get it checked out if it continues every month. Spotting could be caused by stress and if it is only this month I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just keep an eye on it.

tarasque

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

wow i wish i was that lucky, i had the 3 year one put in just after my son was born, and i had nothing but problems, i would bleed for 3 weeks at a time and only have a weeks break then it would start again, or i would have small spooting throughout the hole month. im now back on the pill and everything has gone back to normal.
Yeah thats a possibility to, everyone reacts differantly to it thats for sure. It can be a bad thing not getting it very often tho. Sometimes the cramps are really bad (others not even there at all) and i have NO IDEA when it will be next, i cant track it and know in advance when its going to come. So thats a bad thing to.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well....it ended Aug. 24th, I believe. So its been a week, and I am bleeding again.
DEFINATELY not normal for me!! Today is a holiday so I cant make an appt at dr office.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well....it ended Aug. 24th, I believe. So its been a week, and I am bleeding again.
DEFINATELY not normal for me!! Today is a holiday so I cant make an appt at dr office.
Is it a natural flow or different?
I hope you can make an appt soon. When I was bleeding due to BC years ago the doctor wouldn't see me until it stopped. Could it be stress? Make sure you take vitamins and if you can eat steak.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is it a natural flow or different?
I hope you can make an appt soon. When I was bleeding due to BC years ago the doctor wouldn't see me until it stopped. Could it be stress? Make sure you take vitamins and if you can eat steak.
It is enough to wear a panty liner...(bright color) And I feel kinda bloated like when I am PMS.
But other than that, no cramps or nothing....

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is enough to wear a panty liner...(bright color) And I feel kinda bloated like when I am PMS.
But other than that, no cramps or nothing....
Hmmm
How are you feeling today?
Did you contact your doctor?

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the same thing this month.. Started, then stopped, then spotted.. I'm not sure what my deal is either.. Could be stressed or heat induced.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm
How are you feeling today?
Did you contact your doctor?
I dont feel *that* bad....just kinda bloated and still bleeding.