Vet books?

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter is now a sophomore in High School and is hoping to be a vet. I was wondering if anyone knew any good books that she could read that are about vets, or what they do. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Manda

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For casual reading, anything by James Herriot is great. He was a vet quite a number of years ago, but has excellent insight into animals and animal care. The BBC series "All Creatures Great and SMall" is based on his books....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks a lot. We will look for those books.

Tigerontheprowl-Where do you go? Just curious.

Manda

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have a vet school nearby .. you may be able to buy some old text books ... I use to also check garage sales for peoples old textbooks and research materials

tigerlily0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How about having your daughter talk to a real vet, perhaps follow her around for a day? Last year, I brought my cat in to my vet, and they had some high school girls there doing that sort of thing, watching the procedures, attending the examinations, etc. I understand it was very informative.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love animals and want to do what I can for them, but I could never be a vet! I have uber respect for you all who are, but I am too soft to do that job!