UPDATED - READ! 7th Anniverssary and 2 Million Posts MEGA CONTEST!!!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Come October, we will be celebrating TheCatSite.com's 7th Anniversary!
Not only are we close to celebrating our Seventh Anniversary, but we're also fairly close to reaching 2 million posts in our database!

We'll be celebrating in style with our biggest prize ever! Almost $300 worth of prizes
await you in this thread and they'll all go to
one single lucky winner!

If you look at the link to a single post, you'll notice that each post on the site has its own unique ID number. For example, this is our first post in the database:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2

It's ID number is 2 (don't ask me what happened to post #1 lol, I must have tested it and then deleted).

Looking at the latest post right now, as I'm typing this, it is:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1955296

That's post number 1,955,296

So, we're about 45,000 posts shy of hitting 2 million! Considering how we have around 1500 posts a day here, there's a good chance for this to happen during September... either that or right on our Anniversary month

Soooo.... here's the deal. We'll be giving away our biggest prize ever to the member that makes the post with the ID number of 2000000!

Here's what the prize includes -

$100 CASH prize
* paid to the winner via Paypal *

A Cat Goodie Package by Plain Brown Tabby
worth over $40 it includes:
1 each of: SmartyKat Sweet Greens Cat Grass Seeds,
Furball Frenzy (organic catnip toy), Grandma Lucy's Roasted Chicken, Honeysuckle Socks by Kitty Kottage, SmartyKat Flutterballs, Yeowww! Catnip Rainbow, apPETizer Flavor Enhancer for Pet Foods - 1.25 oz.
* This prize will be shipped anywhere within the 50 States only *

A beautiful package by Auntie Em's Creations:
Worth over $50 in retail it includes:
a Fleece Blanket (Cats in the Library picture on it) and a Catnapper Bed.

A Super cool Basket of Cat Goodies by our own Renovia
and her beautiful cat sculptures shop:

Worth almost $40 in retail, it includes:

1 Lindsay Designs Collar, 1 Package of Crinkle Balls, 1 Cat Fanciers' Association Furry Mouse Toy, 1 Small Package of Feline Greenies, 1 Package of Cat Crazies, 1 Made in Maine Kitty Can't Cope Sack of Catnip,
1 Petstages Catnip Scooter Bug Toy, 1 Endless Whimsy Cat Sculpture

One year of Premium Membership to the forums!
Worth $59.90

(if you have one already, you can gift this).

What do you have to do to get this amazing Super Prize worth a total of nearly $300? Well, just post
Any post can be the winner!

The prize will go to the post with the ID number of 2000000.

The post has to be in line with our forum rules and published outside the mods-only forum. Should post #2000000 be any different, the prize will go to the the member who makes the next eligible post.

Many thanks to our wonderful sponsors who are also long time members here on TCS! Please show your appreciation by visiting their sites!

Renovia - Visit Her Site here
Momofmany - Visit Aunti Em's Creations Here
Pat & Alix - Visit Plain Brown Tabby here

UPDATE for September 5, 2007:
Ok, we're at post number 1,962,090!

Just to keep things interesting... Every round 1000, i.e. every post that has 000 as the last three digits will be a winning post from now on... with a twist! The winner won't be the person that made the post, but the first member to figure out that we've reached another 1000 milestone and post it here!

So, first one to post here with a link to post #1963000 gets 500 points! Same goes for posts #1964000, #1965000 and so on... until we reach the 2000000 post!

Some of these posts may not be viewable to all members, but they'll still get you your prize if you link to them here and then PM me to let me know that you did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Bumping my own thread already

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, this will be interesting, keeping an eye for the 2 millionth post!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is cool..

If I win I will give the cat goodies to my friend who has cats since I am trying to rehome mine because of the move. Unfortunately she can't take anymore.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Look at the address bar when you get up a thread. It's the last number
Actually that's the thread ID. To find the post ID, hover over the post number in the header of the post. For the post I'm quoting, this is what I see in my status bar...

http://thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ost, in the [quote=sadieandziggy;1955356] tag.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo-hoo, bring on the posting!

BTW, who was the first member and how long did it take someone to respond to that first post?

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Every time someone posts, we'll be looking at the top and thinking, "man, that's not it either"! hehehe Maybe you shouldn't have told us how to know the post number until after it was made. When it gets REAL close, there might be LOTS of people trying to get it.

If they didn't know, it would be funny if their screen starts flashing, and blinking, YOU WIN, YOU WIN, YOU WIN.

alright.... nevermind....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Umm, what happens if the winner doesn't have Paypal?
I'm afraid payment will be made only to a Paypal account. It's easy to open a Paypal account and even if you're from a country that doesn't let you withdraw the funds, you can still use them online on thousands of shops.