Great Customer Service

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had bought another container for keeping our litter in. So we have 2 from the same company. I wrote them a nice email saying how much we love their products and how great they are. They said they wanted to send me a letter from the president, so I gave them my address. Along with the very nice letter arrived this gift: http://www.gammaplastics.com/new/travel-t.html

I love great CS!
and their products! Does anyone have great stories? We know there are enough bad CS stories. Let's hear good ones. Customer Services Reps work their hearts out for not enough pay.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a nice story! That company went well beyond what you'd normally expect, didn't they! Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

Customer Services Reps work their hearts out for not enough pay.
I think working in customer service has to be one of the most difficult jobs. Imagine having to deal with cranky people most of the day. I love calling/writing to companies just to tell them that they've done something right. I think it breaks up the horror of dealing with upset people all the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

What a nice story! That company went well beyond what you'd normally expect, didn't they! Thanks for sharing.

I think working in customer service has to be one of the most difficult jobs. Imagine having to deal with cranky people most of the day. I love calling/writing to companies just to tell them that they've done something right. I think it breaks up the horror of dealing with upset people all the time.
Yes! Where I work I know the poor reps are abused a lot (I'm thankful I don't work in CS, but feel sorry for the poor reps who work tireless every day).

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is always nice to hear great customer service stories. I find that now a days when dealing with larger companies in particular, Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
It is nice to know that there are still a few good ones out there.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to work in CS and it was definitely a very tough job. I would, on average, take about 80+ calls a day and the majority of those people were rude or just downright mean. If I got one good person then it made my day. As far as a good CS story. I stand behind Interceptor (Heartworm prevention for our dogs) completely. A few years ago, I had a rescue dog that was on Interceptor. Somehow she contracted Hook and Whipworms, even though Interceptor is supposed to prevent those. I contacted the company just to find out if I had misunderstood the label or if I had maybe gotten a bad batch. The lady was super nice to me and told me that if I would send them the copy of my vet bill, they would send me a check for that amount, because it should never have happened. I sent them a copy, not really expecting them to come through, but they did.
That showed me that they really cared about their product and their customers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNKittyMom

I used to work in CS and it was definitely a very tough job. I would, on average, take about 80+ calls a day and the majority of those people were rude or just downright mean. If I got one good person then it made my day. As far as a good CS story. I stand behind Interceptor (Heartworm prevention for our dogs) completely. A few years ago, I had a rescue dog that was on Interceptor. Somehow she contracted Hook and Whipworms, even though Interceptor is supposed to prevent those. I contacted the company just to find out if I had misunderstood the label or if I had maybe gotten a bad batch. The lady was super nice to me and told me that if I would send them the copy of my vet bill, they would send me a check for that amount, because it should never have happened. I sent them a copy, not really expecting them to come through, but they did.
That showed me that they really cared about their product and their customers.
It is great when companies really care & come through for you. I wouldn't want to do CS f/t. I would go crazy. My boss used to be the VP of it at our company & I would help him on calls (I'm his assistant ) and it can be crazy. Luckily for me, he moved to a new position kept me with him

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a local grocery store chain (about 6-7 stores) that is a great place to shop-nice produce, great deli and meat counter-good bakery. Parent's like it as they can drop off their children in a room and shop in peace and there are camera's around the store so they cam check to see how the little ones are doing -no cost at all.
Anyhow I picked up some items yesterday afternoon and got one of those rotissere chickens-it was really dry/overdone. This was surprising so I called the store and I just have to bring in my receipt and they will refund my money (or get another chicken!!)
They have a very good rep for CS and that is why I will continue to shop there!!

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I LOVE when I get great CS. I used to be a CS manager for a large retail chain and it was SOOO frusterating sometimes. People just assume you're out to get them! The company also took away a lot of our power during a return policy "upgrade" and it made it really hard to help people when the only choice I had was to follow the policy. I always felt bad sending people home with products they wanted to return, and I think most of them thought I was just being a B-word. Getting a compliment, or seeing regular customers who always said hi to me no matter what ALWAYS made my day better. I try to compliment great service if I recieve it.

I shopped at petsmart the first time we got Tsar and the girl was super rude and no one helped me. I was about to swear them off, but petco didn't have what I was looking for so I figured I'd tough it out. The second time I went in there three different people were SOOOO helpful and answered all of my questions knowledgably, just went above and beyond. I made sure I spoke to a manager and raved. I know there is controversy between both companies, but I would much rather shop there than walmart for my pet supplies.