Some people just have no clue!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a "friend" (I use the term loosely for this person), who's another Aussie expat and someone I used to hang out with a lot, but then realised she drove me bonkers, so don't see her or tall to her very often, but still keep in touch.

I went to her 30th birthday bash she had on recently, and offered to give her a lift to the airport when she went to Hawaii since I'm at home. We agreed that I'd collect her and her hubby at 6am.

On Monday she messaged me to make sure everything was fine, and I said yes, was 6am still fine or did she want me to come earlier. She said 6am was fine but if I wanted to come earlier that was fine. So I figured I'd aim to be at their place by 5:50am at the latest.

So this morning (the day they're flying out), she rings at 5:15am and says "just wanted to let you know we're ready, so whenever you get here is fine". I was still in bed and all groggy and she says "oh sorry, weren't you up?". I confirmed that we had said 6am, and yes I was still in bed, and she said "oh yeah but I thought you might want to come earlier".

She's a 5 minute drive away, and it's
early - I'd planned to wake up only when I had to, and just throw some clothes on and get going.

I was so annoyed. I was considering telling her I'd be there at 6am as agreed, but figured I was awake and wouldn't get back to sleep, so I might as well just go - it wasn't worth arguing with her...

When someone who's 2 weeks away from having a baby offers to take you to the airport at stupidly early, and you agree on a time, you don't ring 45 minutes early to let them know that you're ready!!! GRRRR!!!!

AND to make it worse - I got there and her hubby was still farting around getting organised and we had to wait another 5 minutes for him to get organised. I mean really.... What a way to start the day!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! You are a good friend for volunteering to do that for them 'at stupid early!' (I like that btw!
) I don't think I'm that good of a friend! Some people just don't think do they?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, some people really DON'T get it, do they? Congratulations for keeping your cool. At "stupid early" I don't know if I would have.
:

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she thought you'd be up and there a little earlier so the two of you could visit some before she leaves?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she thought you were going to wake up hours before you needed to be there in order to get all glammed up for them

You're a good friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Yeah, some people really DON'T get it, do they? Congratulations for keeping your cool. At "stupid early" I don't know if I would have.
:
I only kept my cool because I was still half asleep!! I actually probably only got cranky later on when I was more awake!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Sounds like she thought you were going to wake up hours before you needed to be there in order to get all glammed up for them

You're a good friend
I just had lunch with another friend and she said the same thing - maybe she expected me to shower, do my hair, powder my nose, and find my prettiest frock to wear for the event

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good job on keep your cool.

its funny really, when dealing with other expats, what some people will deal with.
I used to get invites from people that i know did like me, and i did not like them.
Just cause i was another western person. Guess i was strange cause i just did not feel the need to hang around them , just because.