Do your cats play games?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And if they do, what game?

Watching Nabu and Stimpy play "Island" last night made me think of this.
They like to get to a spot in the room without touching the floor. Sometimes they get pretty elaborate with it, it's pretty silly.
Last night Nabu went from the computer desk, to the top of the pc, to the filing tub with blankets (for the kitties bed) then to the low cat condos by the patio door, with a final destination of the cat fort Mike is building.

Raven used to stare at everything upside down just for fun. Really cracked us up when he would do it. He'd even meow at us upside down.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Yeah..

My cats play the Kitty 500. They race as fast as they can around the house in a big ol circle... It's quite humorous.

They also like to play "Cat Gladiator" It's where they both charge at each other, and then jump up in the air, and bang into each other, and fall backwards.. It's quite humorous,, Loud but humorous..

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie used to play Who's Tail is That? around the top post of the cat tree. She still plays this game on the floor & the best part is every time she catches her tail and bite it, she looks supprised. After 2 years you think she'd catch on, but I guess that's why I call her princess and not smarty pants.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sophia plays "drown the toy in the water bowl until it's nice and saturated and then bring it into Mommy's bed." Gette plays "Throw the mousy in the toilet bowl and run away so Mom and Dad can find it in the morning." Jiggy plays "Sprawl out on the newspaper so Mommy can't read it."

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby likes to play "hockey".

I bat her furry red mouse across the floor with the bottom of my foot. She runs after it and has a roll around with it. Then she sits there waiting for me to bat it again. So I have to go where she is and bat the mouse again. She runs after it again. etc. etc.

By the time her and I are finished playing "hockey", we're both huffing and puffing,
(We're both fat and really out of shape)

Chynna likes to play "hockey" sometimes too. But she would rather chase the laser pointer.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are hilarious!

Radar plays 'cat-in-the-box'. It's like a jack-in-the-box but with a grinning black and white cat leaping vertically upwards out of the box and waving his paws at you. Guaranteed heart-stopping fun every time! The time I opened the bin to put some rubbish in it and he exploded upwards out of it into my face was one of the more memorable occasions, a) due to my initial fright and b) because of having to pick up all the potato peelings from the kitchen floor.

The game they play together simply involves running from sitting room to bedroom and back again at top speed, one in pursuit of the other. They swap positions regularly. Any object available is used for ambush or as a springboard. This is especially fun when a human is lying on a sofa minding their own business half asleep and suddenly finds their stomach used as a springboard by two cats in quick succession.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie likes to play who can sleep the longest.
He's gettin old so he really doesn't play much.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Radar plays 'cat-in-the-box'. It's like a jack-in-the-box but with a grinning black and white cat leaping vertically upwards out of the box and waving his paws at you. Guaranteed heart-stopping fun every time! The time I opened the bin to put some rubbish in it and he exploded upwards out of it into my face was one of the more memorable occasions, a) due to my initial fright and b) because of having to pick up all the potato peelings from the kitchen floor.
OK don't mean to laugh so hard, but I can just see it in my mind.

Jordan likes to play bug hunter. Despite all his recent medical problems he still caught him a moth last night. He jumped about 3 feet off the floor to catch it. I was impressed.

All of mine like to play fetch to differnt degrees.

Levi likes to play chew on Mom's fingers, This is my least favorite game.

Isaac likes to play LAPD, anytime there is anything that remotely sounds like a fight he comes running in and starts beating Levi Up.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were living in my apartment, my little Pearl -- well, this is indelicate, but -- the bathroom door was directly in front of the toilet, and Pearl would always reach under the door to try to get at my feet.
Finally one day I took an empty paper roll and rolled it at her paw, and she batted it right back...

And Tile Hockey was born!
Oh, she loved that game... it got so she would wake me up at night and try to lead me to the bathroom, she wanted to play it so much!

Have I ever mentioned what a treasure she is?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

OK don't mean to laugh so hard, but I can just see it in my mind.
I think I may have screamed when he did it

Another one of his favourites is hiding on the bookcases or behind the sofa and when I peer around the edge to see where he is he surges towards me and punches me in the eye. He has a mean right-hook! He always seems to be grinning when he's up to mischief, he's my little trouble-maker and I love him to bits. Never a dull moment

One of Sonic's is 'break mums neck', I am sure you can imagine what that involves, and it usually happens at around 30mph. Sometimes he misjudges the gap between my feet and runs headfirst into my leg and bounces off. Thank goodness we don't have stairs!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

When we were living in my apartment, my little Pearl -- well, this is indelicate, but -- the bathroom door was directly in front of the toilet, and Pearl would always reach under the door to try to get at my feet.
Finally one day I took an empty paper roll and rolled it at her paw, and she batted it right back...

And Tile Hockey was born!
Oh, she loved that game... it got so she would wake me up at night and try to lead me to the bathroom, she wanted to play it so much!

Have I ever mentioned what a treasure she is?
That's hysterical!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boys play kitty sumo.
Not quite an even match since Sho still has at least 5lbs on Tomas. Occasionally though, Tomas will get a good spring built up on his legs and push Sho backwards then topple him.

To bad I couldn't set up a ring for them to wrestle in...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats play the Kitty 500.
Ahhh I know this game well. My two have their Kitty 500 most mornings at about 6 A.M . It generally starts with Linus running back and forth from kitten to living room, jumping over Sassy who is stretched out in the center of the floor. After about 10 minutes Sassy breaks down and starts chasing him around the house. Honestly at that time of the morning they sound like elephants running around.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

Sophia plays "drown the toy in the water bowl until it's nice and saturated and then bring it into Mommy's bed." Gette plays "Throw the mousy in the toilet bowl and run away so Mom and Dad can find it in the morning." Jiggy plays "Sprawl out on the newspaper so Mommy can't read it."
I know these games! I get the "drown the toy in the water bowl until it's nice and saturated and then bring it into Mommy's bed. It is usually brought when I am sleeping in there.

And then a variation again, I have the lay across the books you are trying to study out of and pet me instead game too. lol

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quill and I play "Hunt" together. I will fling his little rainbow mouse toy through the hallway, and he'll get a good fix on it then chase after it as fast as possible .... What's hilarious is he'll go so fast he'll skitter on the linoleum and sometimes bumps into a few thing along the way. Then when he finds his toy I'll fling it the other way and he'll run after it. The game is over if I fling into a pile of cans or lose the mouse under the counter.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ike likes "Who's tail is that?" also...but almost always her tail!

She also likes to play "Attack everyone's face until someone plays with you"

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a fun one!! We call it "doorslide!" Whenever one of the girls wants to play it, they go sit behind a partially open door and meow. I then have to find a piece of cardboard (usually torn from a Pepsi carton) and then I sit on the opposite side of the door. I slide the cardboard under the door and whoever is back there will grab it, then slide it back out to me!! I have sat in the floor for hours playing this game with my three girls. It's sooo much fun!!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tosh plays, lets see what drawer I can get into and hide in?
Oreo plays How many toys can I drag into the middle of the floor.
Snickers plays Kitty soccer. Her and Marbles use to play "Spastic Chase and wrestling" running after each other as fast as they could and tumbling in a heap on each other. I wish I had a video of them playing.