I'm worried....(females)

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I know here lately either I post really happy things or I am worried things. But honestly I have no friends here to really talk to and family I can't always call because of the cost.

Ok when I had all those TOM issues a doctor did a pap. Well it took awhile to get the results back but I finally got them and they said everything was fine. This was after they told me they would call only if there was something abnormal with the test. So I had to pull teeth to get them to tell me over the phone what the results were. That was 1 1/2weeks ago and they said all was fine. Well while I was in town today they called me and left a message to call them regarding my results. I called but the woman is out of the office. So I will try back later and/or Tuesday. But now I am worried they read the results wrong or looked further and found something wrong. I have never had a doctor call me back after telling everything was fine.

What the heck could it be? Could they have forgotten they already told me the results or could there be something wrong?

I need encouraging words because I am really trying not to freak out here.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps they wanted to write you up a prescription??? Or set up another appt??
Hoping everything is ok thought.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, relax
There is no sense in getting yourself worked up over 'what ifs'. Wait to talk to the doctor and find out what they want before you spend energy worrying about it.

Chances are they forgot that they told you the results. A few months ago I got the results of an XRay and a week or so later my family doctor's office calls to book an appointment with me to go over some test results. It turns out it was the same test results that I already had the results of.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be they just forgot... but even in the case that they may have found some abnormal cells it's rarely anything to worry about and they usually clear up on their own.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i'm with everyone else, and if by chance it is something...believe me they
would have gotten ahold of you and not just left you a message. and then the woman go out of town! Naw! Just stay positive! I am a firm believer in things that come out of your mouth, the devil can heard and he takes great pleasures in acting on all the negative. So if you say negative things,
negative things will happen to you! You know that took me a good 40 yrs. to
understand that, and when someone explained it to me a couple of yrs ago,
I thought "omg no wonder everything negative kept happening to me"
It changed me and the things that come out of my mouth! girl, just give it
to God, and forget it. he is the one in control anyway, he doesn't want us to worry about things and quit letting the devil have fun!
Monique

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know it's hard but try and not panic because it could be a number of things?.

My sister had an abnormal test this year and had to have a 2nd test a few weeks later because they said that the cells change all the time and they just needed to take another one to check it was the same.

Monique i like what you've said there about not letting the devil have fun

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is probably just part of their policy to do the follow up call regardless.
Have a good holiday weekend, & try not to worry, things will be ok.

I once heard a saying that goes something like:
"The worst things I've lived through are the ones that never happened"

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they are probably going to give you the same results you got before, or maybe they are doing a follow up to see how the pill is working for you. I wouldn't worry about it. Just call them next week and see what they wanted. I could just be an insurance issue or something stupid like that. Try to relax and enjoy the weekend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update I finally got a hold of the woman. Apparently them telling me everything was fine with my test was a cop out to get me to quit calling. Apparently the test had to be thrown out because they did not get enough cells to get an accurate test done. so I just called my health dept. and they can get me in on Sept. 18 to do the pap.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that is not cool if someone lied to you when the test results were not yet back or if they were lax by not making sure you knew you needed the test redone as soon as they knew it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, that is soooo annoying that they would do that. Well, I'm glad at least you know. But they seem a bit nonchalant with your health to me!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's very irresponsible of them to tell you everything was fine, when they hadn't even been able to do the test. If they had done that to me I would have been very upset. I think I would go elsewhere for the new test if I were you. These people don't seem very trustworthy.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Update I finally got a hold of the woman. Apparently them telling me everything was fine with my test was a cop out to get me to quit calling. Apparently the test had to be thrown out because they did not get enough cells to get an accurate test done. so I just called my health dept. and they can get me in on Sept. 18 to do the pap.
They lied to you about the results? OMG! That's grounds to be reported for malpractice here!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

They lied to you about the results? OMG! That's grounds to be reported for malpractice here!
I agree, this not acceptable patient care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I don't know why they would lie unless it was because I would not stop calling until I had an answer. And the secratary(sp) just told me something to get me to stop calling.

Yes I will go somewhere else. Not just because of this but also because this doctor won't see me again. Remember this is the free clinic I went to who said they would not see me again because I live to far away. I will be getting retested at the local health dept on the 18th.

Side note remember me saying I started my TOM 19 days into the BCPs I have to take. Well day 7 here and so far no signs of stopping. Plus I am into the inactive pills. And I hardly go to day 7 even without the pills.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Yeah I don't know why they would lie unless it was because I would not stop calling until I had an answer. And the secratary(sp) just told me something to get me to stop calling.
i'd probably call that secretary & tell her i was contacting my lawyer & that she should expect a summons shortly. even if i wasn't going to do it, i'd call, just for revenge. how dare she lie to you just for her convenience!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is unreal! This is your health they're dealing with! First of all, are secretaries allowed to give out results without the doctor's permission? I doubt it, and even if they are, I'm sure they aren't allowed to make up results just so they don't have to answer the phone. How many other people has she told their test results are "fine", and then they ignored the message to come in because they already thought they had the results??? I would at least make her supervisors aware of this. These are people's lives they are dealing with!! IMO she shouldn't be working anywhere in the health care field.