The big green chair...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't talked about this lately, but for those who don't know I'll bring you up to speed. In college I was given two leather recliners. One red and one green. They were fantastic at the time, but now I hate them. I was finally able to rid myself of the red one seven months ago when I moved. Dr D Claw had a bad case of fleas when we first got him, and camped out under it. Rather than trying to save it we tossed it.

Now for the mate. This big green chair has been the bane of my existence for the last four years. Last night was my breaking point. The chair "ripped". Now, it is absolutely not my fault that when 8-Bit and Scratch were having their nightly game of chase that somehow their back claws that I haven't trimmed in a few months dug into the ugly green leather and ripped it. It just happened. Also, it is no small secret that the new Ikea catalog came in the mail yesterday, and I fell in LOVE with a chase lounge that I can afford with some of my savings. The stars just lined up that way. The fact of the matter is I killed the big green chair last night.

I couldn't be happier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Woohoo Heather!
The chair from hell has been destroyed!!!!

Have fun picking out a new more asthetically pleasing chair!
I will. Trust me.

DH is not pleased that the chair is going away, but he's got a few more months with it. We most likely won't go to Ikea until after Christmas.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You can always put your green chair on craigslist for free and hope someone comes and takes it away !
We have this weird communal thing going on in our apartment building. In the back there is a HUGE dumpster where people put all the stuff they never plan on using again, and it's set up like a garage sale. People come along and take what they want. If it sits there for more than a few days the garbage men come and take it away.

If you are a garbage picker it's the best spot in town to find furniture that you can fix up.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember you saying how much you hated those things, well done!

I hope Nate doesn't read this because he hates my sofa and will be chasing the cats back and forth over it in an attempt to get them to destroy it

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and those chairs are like my nephew and the car he had to drive in high school. He claims he had "accidents". Parents are almost sure they were attempts to kill the car because it just would not give out!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

You and those chairs are like my nephew and the car he had to drive in high school. He claims he had "accidents". Parents are almost sure they were attempts to kill the car because it just would not give out!
Yes, well I've decided that almost eight years of being with these horrible things is enough. I need new chairs.