IRL The Simpsons

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw that when it was aired as an intro to en episode this year. I don't remember which one, I will have to go back and find it. I had a few issues with it.

Lisa is blond and does not have freckles. Bothe Lisa and Marge have strapless dresses. Homer has far less hair. Bart they got pretty well and Maggie too. I liked how they had the real acress who does Marges voice play her in the scene but I would have like the hair to be accurat.

There are so many other samll things wrong with it. I know I am harsh on it but they played it up for weeks and when it finally aired I was so let doawn. I am a huge simpsons geek. I have never missed an episode or any bit of news. Who ever made it put a lot of effort into it but they missed the mark when it coes to accurately dipicting the Simpsons.

The best intro ever!.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNV9F...elated&search=

This is from Treehouse of Horror VI.
Its when Homer becomes 3D. The end is the best he falls into a different reality, out reality and takes a stroll down the steet. This is how they should have done the real life intro.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVED that intro! I know it isn't exactly how the cartoon Simpsons look, but it shows a typical family that COULD be the Simpsons. Yes, Lisa isn't blond, and Marge doesn't have 3 feet of blue hair, but it is very believable. Actually, Lisa always reminded me of a girl I grew up with..very smart, very goody goody, and she had red hair and freckles so it rang true with me.

I'm just wondering when they are going to do a real life Simpson's movie. I'm sure we'll see it in the next few years.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

The funniest part about that Intro is that it doesn't show "Springfield" being near Vermont...more like Missouri or Illinios. I just realized that!
Springfeild, at least in the Simpsons is in Kentucky. They tell you in the episode called, The Simpsons, Behind the Laughter, its in season 11 episode 22 original air date was May 21, 2000. But the show also makes referance to Missouri so its still left up in the air. All I know is its more of a middle of the country type place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behind_the_Laughter

Originally Posted by calico2222

I'm just wondering when they are going to do a real life Simpson's movie. I'm sure we'll see it in the next few years.
They most liekly will never so a full real life episode. Part of the charm of the Simpsons it that they are able to do things that in real life just would not be possable. I think the movie that just came out is th ebest we are going to get. If anything I would love for them to do a 3D version like in the Homer 3D episode. That would rock.

I just hope the movie is not a sign of the end of the Simpsons. I hope they make it at least 20 seasons and more.

I told you guys, I am basicly a Simposns geek the way some people are Star Wars geeks. Its quite sad actually.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be a Simpsons fan - but the last few years, didn't like where it was going or what was being shown. So I quit watching it. I do think the "live" one was kinda cute and clever tho - and even tho the players were not accurate as far as the looks on the cartoon - it was close enough IMO.