How often do you check your mail?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snail mail that is? I look in my mailbox everyday after work, but one friend told me since her mail box is across the street, she does't check it but every few days???? I can't imagine! Do you guys get yours everyday?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ours get's pushed through the letterbox which is in the actual door, so as soon as i open my front door when i get home from work, any mail is on the floor waiting for me to pick up

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About four or five times a week. If I know I'm getting a Netflicks shipment I'll go and get it.

Most of my bills are e-mailed to me, so I don't really need to worry about missing anything.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either B or I will check it once a day. Personally I don't like to have mail sitting in an openable mailbox.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on how often I go out. When I was working I would check everyday on my way home.

Now that I'm not working and because of my fainting episodes, I check it once a week if I am not going out that week. More often if I have to go out.

tarasque

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hardly ever check my mail box. If it wasnt for my housemate checking it every day my bills ill prolly sit there for a week lol. I dont get much mail anyway so i think when he moves ill be fine checking it twice a week. Once when we take the rubbish out and once when when go do the shopping.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our letterbox is at the end of the driveway, gets checked every day.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a PO Box (safer then the house mailbox re: identity theft). DH usually checks it once a day, but sometimes we may skip a day before we go to the post office.

BTW your friend is a prime target for ID thieves if she is not checking her box - she may already be a victim.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We have a PO Box (safer then the house mailbox re: identity theft). DH usually checks it once a day, but sometimes we may skip a day before we go to the post office.

BTW your friend is a prime target for ID thieves if she is not checking her box - she may already be a victim.
If it's "across the street", chances are it's one of those large public boxes with several smaller locked boxes for each home.

For me mine is a locked box at the end of hallway on the floor I live on. I really need to check it at least 2 times a week though, otherwise when I get a magazine and with all of that unwanted junk mail (Flyers), the mail gets pretty crammed in and is hard to get out.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get mine maybe once every week to two weeks. I blame that one on the bf. He is the only one with the mailbox key (dont know why he hasnt got me a copy, or let me go get a copy yet) hence he is in charge of getting the mail.... I have to get on him about it all the time. Luckily I know when all of my bills are due and I pay them all online (except for one). I use to check the mailbox everyday... till I didnt have access to the key.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we check it every day.
mostly my mom and dad check it. I always forget.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday- it used to be at the end of our driveway, but now we have to pick it up at the post office until we can move back to our place.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine is at the end of the driveway and I have quiet a little walk, so I don't check it every day, usually every other day!!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I check mine ...almost every day. Not quite every day, I forget sometimes. But our mail is in a locked mailbox in the entryway because we live in an apartment, so it's no big deal if we miss a day or two.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Daily during the week in order to I have the facility to access to internet from Work...

On weekends should to wait until next monday..

Ces´t la vie!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every night when I come in from work, unless Rob is home first and has already checked. We might miss a day here and there when we're on vacation, but not deliberately.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday with the occasional miss on Saturday. We live in a complex and have a locked box outside. Scott lost his mailbox key, so its up to me...he REALLY needs to get it replaced...he's the one who receives the most packages.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Ours get's pushed through the letterbox which is in the actual door, so as soon as i open my front door when i get home from work, any mail is on the floor waiting for me to pick up
Same here. Some of the mail will be sitting just inside the door where it falls, and some of it will be scattered around the house and under the furniture where Riley swats it.