Present ideas?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
One of Tristans workmates has a baby due on the 10th of September. I've met him a few times as i've been invited with Tristan to birthday parties and things. He's a really nice guy, he got married to a lovely Thai woman and he helped her and her two daughters come to Australia. When we go away next week, i suggested we look for some sort of present, and i wondered what was a good idea? Any suggestions?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you going on vacation? Maybe you could bring a souvenier back for the baby, like a bank, picture frame or stuffed animal? Do you know if it's a girl or a boy? A nice blanket or a cute outfit is always appriciated. I've had a few friends recently that had babies, and mainly they wanted diapers, wipes, onesies, that kind of thing but if she's already had a shower she may have enough to get her through for a while.

You may want to get a gift card that she could use either in the store or online (mom probably won't have a chance to get out to a store for a while) and include something small that is personal. A baby's first Christmas ornament would be an idea.

Just some ideas. Go with what your heart says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Where are you going on vacation? Maybe you could bring a souvenier back for the baby, like a bank, picture frame or stuffed animal? Do you know if it's a girl or a boy? A nice blanket or a cute outfit is always appriciated. I've had a few friends recently that had babies, and mainly they wanted diapers, wipes, onesies, that kind of thing but if she's already had a shower she may have enough to get her through for a while.

You may want to get a gift card that she could use either in the store or online (mom probably won't have a chance to get out to a store for a while) and include something small that is personal. A baby's first Christmas ornament would be an idea.

Just some ideas. Go with what your heart says.
We're going down to one of the many beaches, it isn't a touristy place, it's nice and quiet. But there is this huge shopping plaza we're going to explore and there's probably going to be tonnes of new stores we've never seen before. I don't know the sex, but i could always get something yellow or white if i get clothes/blankies.

What on earth is a onesie?? I've only ever heard it in american movies/tv shows lol

Hrm will see what happens. Thanks for your ideas

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A heap of Baby Bonds gear would be useful - not as cute as a little outfit, but soooo practical - that's all we asked for from Australia!

Other things we've found that are great are swaddle sleepsacks:

And things that might be good are nice cotton sheets - get the ones that are elasticised the whole way around rather than just the corners, soft blankets, bath toys for when the baby gets a bit older... ummm... I'll let you know if I think of anything else!