Rats!! I just got a speeding ticket...Darn!!!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Check this out ..... I was just a gettin' it down this country road, Which I have traveled forever. Never saw a speed limit sign ever!! Actually I was
doing 48 in a 35. I noticed ahead a brand new Ford pickup which was pulled over off on the side of the rode. I didn't think anything about it until after I
passed it, then I noticed it pulled on the rode really fast, I thought to myself,
"just like a cop would do" when I looked in my rearview again, they had
their lights flashing !! WHAT A BUMMER!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS A BIG FAT FINE OF A WHOPPING $200.00
I can tell ya, I don't need to be giving $2oo.00 dollars to the town of
Queen City.A warning would have been just fine!!
DANG! Hope they
have a payment plan! DEFENSIVE DRIVING HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol that so sucks. . . I thought I was going to get it this morning! I was drivin along the same road as always and the speed limit i belive is 50. Well it was early in the morning and I am cruising with the rest of traffic, and there on the side of the road are about 4 cop cars, and six officers. . . radaring all the cars. . . It was at this point that I looked down and saw I was doing 65!!! I was so lucky! They pulled over the guy that was driving next to me! Close call! I have never gotten one! lol

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw man that sucks! I hate it when cops drive pick-ups, because I never expect them to be driving one of those!!!

Well, you aren't alone in car problems...I bumped a truck in front of me today and practically ripped the front lower bumper off my car
...of course, the truck had no damage at least.

-Kristen

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

lol that so sucks. . . I thought I was going to get it this morning! I was drivin along the same road as always and the speed limit i belive is 50. Well it was early in the morning and I am cruising with the rest of traffic, and there on the side of the road are about 4 cop cars, and six officers. . . radaring all the cars. . . It was at this point that I looked down and saw I was doing 65!!! I was so lucky! They pulled over the guy that was driving next to me! Close call! I have never gotten one! lol
I am glad you didnt get one either

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GO TO COURT ... if the cop doesnt show youll likely get off

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Or change your court date and you have a better chance of the cop not showing up and you will get off!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Aren't they required to post speed limit signs after a certain distance from the last one? If so, could you fight it or at least try to get it reduced?
First off, I may have already sent you something, but I'm alittle retarded
sometimes and can't remember things!!! If I didn't please forgive me, but I wanted to thank you for your kindness, sending me that rose in memory of Marvin!!I can't begin tell you how wonderful it made me feel! I bought one for him also, he had a rose tatoo on his arm that looked very similar to that little icon! Thanks again for being so precious!!!!!!!
I also appreciate the heads up about the signs, I will be going back down
that rode and finding out !!! thanks again, for being a friend!!!!
Monique

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Aren't they required to post speed limit signs after a certain distance from the last one? If so, could you fight it or at least try to get it reduced?
You can try, but most states have a "default speed limit" I know here it is 35 of a rural road at 45 on a main if theres no speed limit posted.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

WHATNever got a ticket???????????????????????????????????????No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are special!!!!!!!!!!!I have always had the lead foot, I used to be pretty good at talking myself out of them!!!! But I guess I'm losing my charm!!!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nimbus

Aw man that sucks! I hate it when cops drive pick-ups, because I never expect them to be driving one of those!!!

Well, you aren't alone in car problems...I bumped a truck in front of me today and practically ripped the front lower bumper off my car
...of course, the truck had no damage at least.

-Kristen
Girl I have been cracking up! I went through this stage when I had Marvin's truck, I rear ended 2 people in 2 yrs . no damage to their vehicle. Just mine, after having the truck totally re done new everything on it, last yr was the
big one, I was leaving my parking place in wal-mart parking lot, I was looking at the outdoor garden center to see if I could go around it and use the exit
that was beside it and as I was turning that way...BAMI hit one of the light poles!! they totaled the truck, I guess I didn't need to be driving it anyway, it is not resting in peace with Marvin. I wasn't about to fix it and hang out for the 4th wreck, I probably wouldn't of survived it!!!I haven't ever had wrecks until all of that! but I have had some tickets!
Monique

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont know how I have never gotten one. . . I hardly ever do the speed limit. . . on the interstate cruising speed is 80 whether posted is 50 or 75. I have been so so so lucky. . . I kind of have also always known where one was. Kind of like a 6th sense. . . Its weird. I concider myself so so so lucky!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well IMO going almost 50 in a 35 zone deserves a ticket - sorry you got one tho. When we first moved here, we were used to speeds of 60-65 in the country roads (with cornfields).

So DH and I got lost and when we came out on the major road again, there was NO speed signs in 20 or so miles, so we assumed it was 65 or so. Cop pulls us over, and we find out it was 60 (and they really enforce the limit). So he gets a $125 fine for going over the limit by about 8-9 miles.

BTW if it was a smaller town, you have a higher chance of the cop showing up in court then not! Big cities they don't have the time - small towns they DO have the time to be in court.

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

WHATNever got a ticket???????????????????????????????????????No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are special!!!!!!!!!!!I have always had the lead foot, I used to be pretty good at talking myself out of them!!!! But I guess I'm losing my charm!!!!
I've never had speeding ticket either.
Way too many cops around here, it's just not worth the risk.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Well IMO going almost 50 in a 35 zone deserves a ticket - sorry you got one tho. When we first moved here, we were used to speeds of 60-65 in the country roads (with cornfields).

So DH and I got lost and when we came out on the major road again, there was NO speed signs in 20 or so miles, so we assumed it was 65 or so. Cop pulls us over, and we find out it was 60 (and they really enforce the limit). So he gets a $125 fine for going over the limit by about 8-9 miles.

BTW if it was a smaller town, you have a higher chance of the cop showing up in court then not! Big cities they don't have the time - small towns they DO have the time to be in court.
I appreciate your opinion, I felt the same way, guilty, that is why I don't think I can fight it, It was the police chief, and a lady cop riding with him in his truck. she got out and wrote the ticket. So right there is 2 against one, besides the radar, and you are soooo right about the cop being there on the court date. What seems to bother me is that they probably just put a speed limit sign up, and hot dog lets go in the chiefs truck, undercover! and sit on the side of the rode like they are just waiting for you to pass, so they can turn around and go the other way! Like "ha ha' I know the law and you don't!
and I'm a cop and can do anything undermined that I want!" That is what I can't stand! Just like in 02' my then new mustang was stolen, make a long story short, they had a lead on him in another town, he decided to get out and ride around in it and it was on. the cops started chasing him, he exceeded speeds over 110mph in a neighborhood. Well you can guess what happened next , he hit a fire hydrate, then a gas meter which flew into a lady's kitchen, then he started flipping 3 times mid air, landed on the top, upside down, about 2 in. from landing in that same lady's house! Then the crack-head got out and tried to run, of course!
The more I think about it the mad I get at the stupid police, they should of never chased him to begin with. They knew where he was staying they should of let him go and done something different! To me they were the reason he wrecked it.
I asked them.
is this going to be on cops?" Heck no! because the po-dunk cops didn't have
camcorders in their cars, couldn't afford them! Any chase 110 and over is on cops! and it never ends well! They keep chasing the idiot, even after wrecking into innocense people.They are saying the whole time, how dangerous the person is that they are chasing, hell they are just as dangerous by encouraging it!
Sorry I just kinda went off there for a moment!!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gotten a few speeding tickets, if you plead not guilty you a you almost always get away with it. I've gotten out of all of mine.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never gotten a speeding ticket either. Though I carefully choose when and where I decide to let my car loose.

Radars are legal where I live. Valentine 1, best radar in the world. Though the planes will still get you, so don't speed during mid-day hours when they're out and about.

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with golden kitty,There is no sense or reason for breaking the speed limit.The law is there not just to TRY to protect the driver but to TRY to protectinnocent pedestrians from serious injury from selfish negligent drivers who think the speed limit is there just to be broken!!.I used to work with a bloke who worked as a paramedic and the sights he saw while doinghis job led to him having a mental breakdown,If people just realised when an accidenthappens,It does not just affect you,It seriously affects the people who have to SEE the mangled wreck of what once was a human/animal and I only imagine the sights he saw,sometoo terrible and too graphic in the mangled mess of making sense of stupidity!! So what?? you are late for something!!Better late than never arrive at all!!.Also on this subject of this thread,I do not think it is appropriate on a family (pg)rated site for people to openly and blatantly support somebodys criminal activity and confess their own criminal activities in obvious support that the OP "did nothing wrong".What signal does that send to younger people??Some "members" of the Catsite are treading a very thin line regarding the law and shouldbe very very careful what they discuss in a "public" forum

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

and this comment I would have expected better from a tcs advisor!!tut tut !!