How do the dumb ones always figure things out?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dorky Fish just mastered opening a door!

He's a moron....so I always put "ickies" behind doors. Well, now that he can open them, I'm not sure where to put things. Because, being a moron, he'll eat anything he can get his grubby little paws on!

Amazing how the Dorky Fish can open a door.
He can hardly remember to lick his bum, but he can open a door!?!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Maybe he has "selective intelligence" and only wants you to think he's dumb. Obviously, he's smarter than you'd thought!
Apparently.
This new development set off the "get rid of" Dorky & Ophelia movement again. So, I think they'll be confined to my bedroom with the door locked from now until I can work something out.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!!! I'm always amazed at what Stumpy can figure out, and even Smudge (who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed) does a few things that amaze me!

Maybe you can just get some childproof locks?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar's like that - highly intelligent under the surface, but with the outward appearance of being as thick as two short planks.

He can open doors, and knows everyone's name and will find Sonic or Nate or his mouse toy for me if I ask him where they are.

He also regularly jumps up to grab my hand while I'm typing and bashes his head on the underside of the desk. This isn't something that happened once, or a couple of times and then he learned from it, this is part of his daily routine.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Radar's like that - highly intelligent under the surface, but with the outward appearance of being as thick as two short planks......He also regularly jumps up to grab my hand while I'm typing and bashes his head on the underside of the desk. This isn't something that happened once, or a couple of times and then he learned from it, this is part of his daily routine.
Oh, too funny - my Allen does the same darn thing. He hits his head so hard, sometimes, that folks on the other end of the phone line will ask about the noise. That, plus other goof-ball "what the heck was he thinking" behaviors have earned him the moniker "that stupid cat." Everyone knows just who I'm referring to when I begin a story with, "you won't believe what that stupid cat did today."

Of course, they all know Allen is also, by far, my favorite.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dorky's mastered baby locks. He simply beats up the door until he breaks the lock or moves it so it's loose.
I know I'm not the only one with this problem....but really? Dorian Grey?

fiftyfour

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

ROFL.....

I don't have that problem. My orange tabby boy is pretty dumb, therefore does dumb things :p

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boy is pretty dumb too, (maybe its a boy thing?
). He's fallen down the stairs a couple of times, once when leaping for a feather toy and missing, the other times when lying down to have his tummy tickled, and slipping down the steps.
We give him extra special care now

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Amazing how the Dorky Fish can open a door.
maybe he is not as dumb as you think,
After all would you want to lick your bum?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Maybe he has "selective intelligence" and only wants you to think he's dumb. Obviously, he's smarter than you'd thought!
We thought our RB boy Nibs was pretty thick, too, and I don't now remember what it was that clued us in, but he was definitely not nearly as dumb as he would have had us believe -- "dumb like a fox".

Good luck thwarting your boy's new-found ingenuity.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now everyone's gonna be watching their idiot cats closely!