Looking for ideas

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK so mine and boyfriends 5 year anniversary is coming up in December. Normally we just go out on a date and do that kind of thing, but this is a big one! So I want to plan a vacation for us. We can either go for a weekend or a week, either one works, just the week will change the dates a bit. If we go somewhere more than a few hours away we will probably be going with another couple. But I cannot figure out where to go! We live in east tn and would like to keep travel time under 8 hours! Anyone got any ideas? They would be greatly appreciated!

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since you live in TN you could go to Gatlinburg! That place is beautiful and ya'll could rent a cabin and everything, but ya'll have probaly already been there! another really fun place would be Chicago if you guys haven't been there. There is tons of stuff to do and I bet it's beautiful at Christmas time!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs.Harris

Since you live in TN you could go to Gatlinburg! That place is beautiful and ya'll could rent a cabin and everything, but ya'll have probaly already been there!
I loooove Gatlinburg! John and I went there last year and I can't wait to go back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs.Harris

Since you live in TN you could go to Gatlinburg! That place is beautiful and ya'll could rent a cabin and everything, but ya'll have probaly already been there! another really fun place would be Chicago if you guys haven't been there. There is tons of stuff to do and I bet it's beautiful at Christmas time!
Yea thats a possibility but where we live a little over an hour away from there we go a lot, we've been 5 times this year. But I dunno it might still happen just so we end up going somewhere close. It is very pretty up there, and we could go to the christmas lights and to dollywood. (we have season passes)
I've looked up some cabins up there and I have found a few that might work.

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you looked into the Destin, FL area? I know it's about 7-8 hours from Nashville, not sure how far east you are. And since it's past peak season you could get an awesome deal on a condo!!
The area is just beautiful and perfect for couples/families. It's definitely not a party atmosphere like Panama City (don't konw if you're looking for that or not) but it has its share of fun bars/clubs. Many (restaurants as well) on the harbor/ocean overlooking the water! There are so many terrific places to eat!
I would definitely consider it as an option! Good luck!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missourigrl

Have you looked into the Destin, FL area? I know it's about 7-8 hours from Nashville, not sure how far east you are. And since it's past peak season you could get an awesome deal on a condo!!
The area is just beautiful and perfect for couples/families. It's definitely not a party atmosphere like Panama City (don't konw if you're looking for that or not) but it has its share of fun bars/clubs. Many (restaurants as well) on the harbor/ocean overlooking the water! There are so many terrific places to eat!
I would definitely consider it as an option! Good luck!
Fl is on the top of my list for sure just for the weather! But its very far away! I live in Bristol which is in the very east corner! I hadnt looked at destin yet but I did look at clearwater and alligator point. Will have to take a look! Thanks!

I also liked the chicago idea, but the weather would worry me! I dont like cold...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gah I found a perfect little condo that was adorable and close to the beach in florida and was only $400 a week and then they have to burst my bubble and tell me that they cant rent to us because we are under 25... I hate that so bad!