Question of the Day - August 30th

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In your office, or other place of work, is the temp usually too cold, too hot or just right?

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The temperature is always pretty much, the opposite of the weather..

If it's hot outside,, it's too cold inside.

If it's cold outside, it's too hot inside!

It's rarely ever perfect.. and the sad part is we're in a basement, so you'd think they could conduct the temp better...

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awesome thread!!! this is the kind of detail that really makes every1 pop off the page. i hope every1 loves this kind of stuff as much as me!!!

its almost always too cold in my house. my sisters bf is having trouble maintaining eye contact w/me, the little weasle.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

The temperature is always pretty much, the opposite of the weather..

If it's hot outside,, it's too cold inside.

If it's cold outside, it's too hot inside!

It's rarely ever perfect.. and the sad part is we're in a basement, so you'd think they could conduct the temp better...
You just discribed my workplace temp PERFECTLY. We're even in a basement!
...do I work with you and not know it?

Seriously though, the hotter it is outside, the colder it is in here, and vice versa. I am wearing a big sweater today even though it's beautiful out!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tooo Cold!!!!!!! I always have my heater on, under my desk, during the summertime. Same goes for the winter (though every now and then it gets to hot in my office). Its a neverending battle

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since I work outside I cannot control the temps!!
But DH had a bit of a to do with the ladies on his staff-some were always cold. Seems like the only lady on his staff with an office had the thermostat and turned it down. He contacted the heating/cooling installer and via the phone they could set the temp so her messing with it didn't do anything. So now he has 3 happy and one unhappy employees!!

I was always the warm one at work however. The cold ones-well don't wear open toes sandals and sleeveless tops if you know you are cold!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I'm not working I'll answer for my old job: COLD!
I kept a big duster sweater there behind my desk. I think that poor sweater was worn in every season! Plus we had the furnace break down several times. My co-worker's office was so bad she wore long johns to work every day during the winter!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The office I work at is always too cold!!! Doc does a lot of work (Chiropractor) and works up quite a sweat, while the rest of us are doing mostly desk jobs and are freezing!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seventy year old building -- stone. Windows that open. So, it's up to Mother Nature in good weather, and air circulation isn't bad. I have yet to experience this particular office in cooler weather, but my guess is that it will be comfortable.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
At the shelter (when the a/c was working) it would be cooler. But cleaning dozens of pooey trays in the morning and feeding and cleaning all the pens from top to toe didn't make you feel any less hot

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too cold...but then again...I have been diagnosed with poor circulation so my hands and feet are always cold. At some point, I'm moving south

Katie

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always freezing where I work. I work in a call center, and there are around 400 computers in one big open room. The powers that be said it was so cool because if they didn't have the air on high blast, that many computers would heat up the place to the point of being unbearable. I didn't believe them, but last fall the aircon went out for a week. The temp inside topped out at 98 degrees by the end of the week. And this was fall when it was only 50-60 outside. So, I don't mind it being cold now...I just keep a sweater there. Plus, the cold keeps me awake when we are slow.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't work, but I volunteer at the animal shelter and it gets pretty hot in there sometimes but it's usually cool in the building but hot when I am walking the dogs but they love it.
I wish we'd get some rain!