Yet another softclaws user!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So....Yesterday I ordered a pink set of nail tips and after I did it I had a feeling I ordered the wrong size. Something told me mediums were going to be too big. She's fat, but small boned so I couldn't go by weight.

I was in town yesterday so I stopped at petsmart. I bought the smalls (all they had was clear) and tried them today. I was somehow able to do it myself and yes, the smalls fit nicely. She's wearing 8. I suppose I'll send the mediums right back when they come in and exchange them for pink smalls.

How many of you use the smalls for your adult kitties? Also, how many of you cap the dewclaws? Can they still do harm with them?

I'm debating whether to do the last two.

So far I'm pleased...I put them on this morning and she's still got all of them on!

Maybe size DOES matter?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never used them - I just clip. But the "thumb" ones are not really the ones that do damage, so I would leave the nail caps off and just clip them - but you'll have to remember to check them once a week and clip as necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah you're right. I've clipped them and I'll keep an eye on her and see if she does any damage with them. Thanks!

minou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree, many people want the dewclaws also but I say it's a waste and save them for the ones that can really do damage

The pink ones are so cute! I love the blue & purple also.

I did one cat last week with blue & white. That cat was all white with blue eyes, looked awesome! (a client cat, not my white cat guys
)

Minou

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by minou

I agree, many people want the dewclaws also but I say it's a waste and save them for the ones that can really do damage

The pink ones are so cute! I love the blue & purple also.

I did one cat last week with blue & white. That cat was all white with blue eyes, looked awesome! (a client cat, not my white cat guys
)

Minou
I've considered doing blue and white on Oliver, because I just graduated from Penn State and am/have always been a die hard fan
Right now he just gets all blue

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put them on the dewclaws. ANd Puff uses medium. The reason I use them is because puff will take a running leap into my lap and then try to stop by grabbing into my leg. The dews always catch on me so I cover them as well. I do not cover the back paws though.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I apologize for the above message, I don't know what happened to the beginning. Anyway, I was saying that I bought medium size pink for my approximately 8lb. cat. I'm hoping they fit. If not I'll just have to get small. I bought these from an E-Bay dealer. They were new and the price including shipping was about $5 less than PetSmart. Here's hoping they fit.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by deljo

I apologize for the above message, I don't know what happened to the beginning. Anyway, I was saying that I bought medium size pink for my approximately 8lb. cat. I'm hoping they fit. If not I'll just have to get small. I bought these from an E-Bay dealer. They were new and the price including shipping was about $5 less than PetSmart. Here's hoping they fit.
JeffersPet.com also has some great prices. Their colors is only blue, pink and natural but I haven't found a price to beat theirs yet.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by deljo

If the mediums turn out to be too big, you can use scissors to trim them smaller (obviously you'd cut from the open end)... when I was applying them to the dewclaws, this is what I'd do since those claws are a bit smaller... Oliver's 15 pounds and uses the mediums

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've found that the mediums are too big. They are just too long and in a natural retracted position the things look like the almost touch the ground.

The smalls look good and I think will work for us in the future. Mean time I'll take that suggestion and clip a little off the end next time.
Right now she's wearing natural smalls and the ones she's lost, I've replaced with a pink (med). One pink on each foot so far.....

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting about these...I plan to use them on my fur babies. What age did you start using them?
I do not have my babies home yet, but I am thrilled to be able to use fun colors on their toes when the time comes

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

JeffersPet.com also has some great prices. Their colors is only blue, pink and natural but I haven't found a price to beat theirs yet.
I checked out jeffers for price and they are cheaper that's for sure! Unfortunately for me, after shipping charges they cost $18.90... grrr. I can get them to my door for $16.95 with free shipping.
Stupid shipping charges!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunfairie

Thanks for posting about these...I plan to use them on my fur babies. What age did you start using them?
I do not have my babies home yet, but I am thrilled to be able to use fun colors on their toes when the time comes
I don't know how young you can start, but I think the soft claws website tells you what they recommend.
Mine was a barn cat and she's about 2.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tia2

I checked out jeffers for price and they are cheaper that's for sure! Unfortunately for me, after shipping charges they cost $18.90... grrr. I can get them to my door for $16.95 with free shipping.
Stupid shipping charges!
Where do you get them for 16? I also pay about 18 after shipping with Jeffers.

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Where do you get them for 16? I also pay about 18 after shipping with Jeffers.
Thecatandkittenstore dotcom sells them for $16.95 free shipping!!

I believe they also have an e-bay store. May be the ones deljo is talking about. Check em out!
I think it's just a sale right now.

edited to fix the store name..woops

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tia2

Thecatandkittenstore dotcom sells them for $16.95 free shipping!!

I believe they also have an e-bay store. May be the ones deljo is talking about. Check em out!
I think it's just a sale right now.

edited to fix the store name..woops
Oh ok it is just a sale. Afterward it would be 21 to get them. I just bought some so I won't need them again for a few months. They do have more colors though. That's one thing I do not like about Jeffers. They only carry Blue, Pink & natural.

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oh ok it is just a sale. Afterward it would be 21 to get them. I just bought some so I won't need them again for a few months. They do have more colors though. That's one thing I do not like about Jeffers. They only carry Blue, Pink & natural.
Yeah, I know.
I was thinking about picking up some black (before the 15th ) for halloween cuz she's orange, but then I thought uggh, I have plenty now. By the time I need more maybe there'll be another sale!

I'm curious what the e-bay store will do after the 15th.