The Relationship Thread----EEK!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it would be fun to have a relationship thread. Anyone having problems, or even better yet...having good times- can come here and share their stories!

As some of you may know, I just broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years. I won't go into details...because it's personal and noone cares.

But, I would like to hear about your relationships.

Are you in a relationship now?

What's the longest relationship you've ever had?

Have you ever broke up with someone...coming out of a long term relationship? Can you tell me how this went please.

Are you married? Kids?

Single? Divorced? Widowed?

I know we've had threads similar to this before.. but this time I'm being nosey- haha! I want to know how they went.. how they are going...etc.

By all means, you don't have to just answer these questions...they are JUST examples! If you are having any relationship problems, you can post them here. Or if something is going on in your life (good or bad) you can update us here!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I are very happily married now for 5 years (seems like yesterday). Our first marriages were 20 yrs (for him), 17 yrs for me. Both were bad, very little love, and some abuse and some cheating.

DH has 3 kids, I have 1 kid - all are out of the house now (over 18).

We met online and dated long distance for 18 months till I moved.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I thought it would be fun to have a relationship thread. Anyone having problems, or even better yet...having good times- can come here and share their stories!

As some of you may know, I just broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years. I won't go into details...because it's personal and noone cares.

But, I would like to hear about your relationships.

Are you in a relationship now? Yep, I've been with Mike since 2002
What's the longest relationship you've ever had? My ex, for 6 years-ish
Have you ever broke up with someone...coming out of a long term relationship? Can you tell me how this went please.
I was hating my ex back in 2001 for reasons like lying, verbal abuse & met this sweet guy at my new job..he finally gave me the courage to leave my abusive ex & we are still together & he is still a wonderful guy. I was never really the cheating type, but false loyalty to a lying jerkoff isn't really my cup of tea, either. Mike came along & showed me that there are still some sweet guys out there & after what I'd been through, he was a gift. And still is.

Are you married? Kids? Single? Divorced? Widowed? Engaged, never married, no kids.
I know we've had threads similar to this before.. but this time I'm being nosey- haha! I want to know how they went.. how they are going...etc.

By all means, you don't have to just answer these questions...they are JUST examples! If you are having any relationship problems, you can post them here. Or if something is going on in your life (good or bad) you can update us here!
That's ok, it's all good! We love to talk!lol

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is mine and my boyfriend's 3 year anniversary. We're not married, or engaged. Hopefully soon. We've been living together for almost a year and a half. We've already talked about getting married and kids, I just dont have the physical proof that we are going to get married.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My longest relationship is my current one - I've been with my fiance for the last 2½ years and we've lived together for the last two. We'll be married on February 5th, 2008 - CANT WAIT
We don't want kids; luckily I found myself a cat guy!! We want two kittens instead.

The only issue we have is that I am not thrilled living with his parents still - I would kill for our own place. Other than that, we are quite happy
We love being around one another, we carpool to/from work, we even are taking a class together. We always talk about our future and have a ton in common.

I never thought I could find someone as amazing as he is.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If you move your wedding date one day backwards, you all can be married on my birthday
The 5th will be our 3 year anniversary
And then the 17th is my birthday
(and they day we are leaving on our honeymoon cruise!)

taterkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on July 24th. We've been together for 8yrs though. I have a 10yr old daughter but DH has been with her since before she turned
2yrs old so in her eyes he is her daddy. We have a wonderful marriage and a houseful of cats, what more could you ask for!!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in a relationship now? Yep! John and I have been together almost 2 years (end of September).

What's the longest relationship you've ever had? This relationship is my first and only.

Technically, John and I broke up for one day. I was devastated but it didn't last obviously

Are you married? Kids? Not married yet, and no kids (except the furry ones). We live together but want to get our own house before we get married. The "unofficial" wedding date is April 18, 2009.

Single? Divorced? Widowed? None of the above

John and I have our problems and we fight just like anyone else, but we love each other and I couldn't ask for a better man. He treats me well and he loves the animals as much as I do! He's my best friend, and the only person I've ever really trusted.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm divorced, have been for, gosh, over 2 years now. How time flies when you're having fun!! We had been together for a toal of 6.5 years when one day I came home, drunk off my keester, don't think I'd ever been that drunk actually
and asked him why he didn't love me anymore. He said I don't know, I said I think we should separate and he said ok
I think I cried and than went back out to the bar. He moved out about a month later and the divorce was finalized 5 months after that. No drama, nothing, it was just over.

I jumped right back into the dating pool, but never got serious. He, on the other hand, moved in with his current fiance before our divorce was final.

we really should never have gotten married, but you live and you learn

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I have been married one year. Have lived together over two years. This October will be nine years of just being together. We met when we were 17 through mutual friends. When we first started dating it didn't even feel like a relationship. I thought about ending it right then but we grew on each other.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a newlywed, I just got married in April! My husband and I have been together for three years and he is still a sweetheart! Tonight I came home and he had cleaned the whole house and ran a bubble bath for us! We don't have any kids yet, but we want 2 or 3 someday.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been with my boyfriend for over 5 years. We started dating a couple of weeks before I turned 16. It is my longest relationship....well its actually only my second relationship. My first boyfriend was when I was 14 and didn't even last 2 months. I plan on marrying my boyfriend someday. Hopefully soon we will be engaged.

We were having some problems before, but we got through it. We are closer now because of what just happened to my dad. I realized how fast you could lose the one you love and now we aren't fighting about stupid little things anymore. We used to argue all the time about silly little things, like his snoring. It doesn't bother me anymore.

I do wish we would move out of his parents house though. It makes it a lot harder. Hopefully soon we can get our own apartment.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been with my current SO for 22 years.
Before that, I had 2 that lasted a little over 3 years each.
The first one died, and the second one was such an abusive moron that I ran him off. He is my daughter's father, but she does not remember him. I think he is dead also. I heard he was, but have never seen any real proof.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in a relationship now? Yes, I'm engaged.

What's the longest relationship you've ever had? 3 years- and that's with Colin

Have you ever broke up with someone...coming out of a long term relationship? Can you tell me how this went please. -yes, and it was the most heart breaking i've ever had to do. I cried constantly and it took FOREVER to get over him- he really broke my heart (my ex). It was soo sad. It has taken me years to get over it and move on....but I finally did and i'm not looking back! I have a wonderful, wonderful fiance now and I couldn't be happier or love him more! Colin is definitely one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

Are you married? Nope- But i will be soon! (March 15!
)

Kids? - no kiddos yet! we plan to try and start a family soon after we're married

Single? Divorced? Widowed? I'm Engaged.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in a relationship now?:
Yes, his name is Tristan, he is my second and longest relationship, our 2 year anniversary is next week.

My first relationship was only 6 months and we never discussed marriage etc. He lived for the 'now' and just wanted someone to have fun with and i wanted it to be more serious. He dumped me after i did something silly for attention (no not cheating) and i met Tristan 3 days later (i already knew him on the internet for maybe a year or more). We became bf/gf 2 weeks later, he wanted to be sure he wasnt a rebound, and i didnt want to just mess around with someone and not know where i stood. He said he loved me first
because i was worried about scaring him off if i said it so soon

December last year i had somewhat of a breakdown, i felt no love or lust or attachment to Tristan, it all happened in a day. Christmas was horrible, i still stayed there with his family, but just kissing or hugging him wa sscary and i pushed him away. Even when they had the huge fires in Kinglake id get up early in the morning and go and sleep in his car and bawl my eyes out, it was so smokey and i felt like crap.

Ive been told it is a defence mechanism because ive been hurt in the past, i think he is going to leave, so my brain put up a wall so that if he broke up with me i wouldn't be distraught. I started councelling the same month. It got better by my birthday/valentines, and my 13 sessions (free through government) was up, i decided i was ok enough to have a break. It got bad again due to my getting overworked about a present i had hoped i was getting (engagement ring) and i got so worked up and worried about it, i ended up at stage one again when it wasn't a ring. So atm the physical butterfly/lust thing isn't in my heart or stomach, but i know i am in love with Tristan and still want to be with him for eternity, and in his arms is the place i feel safest and most loved. I went back to councelling 7 weeks ago, the same place but different person (my other councellor had gone to a different job for 6 months) I'm so screwed up lol. I am so lucky to have a man who is so loving and intelligent and weird (we have strange senses of humour which suit eachother). This time i'm not getting worked up and have resigned myself to the fact that next Tuesday i might get a fluffy toy or some flowers. I don't want to screw up again.

I hope this explains a little why the last 6 months i may have been getting narky at people and why i almost left. That, and Jazzy dying, and putting up with my father is a REALLY bad combination, i don't suggest you try it.

That's my

I haven't told any of you that before, just that i was at councelling. Now you know all my secret.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in a relationship now?
Yep. We've been together for a little over three years. August 1st was our anniversary.. and we both forgot it
On the second we were like "uhh.. wasn't yesterday our anniversary?"

We actually moved in together after dating, erm, about a month. Yep, I know.. it was more coincidental than anything... he was just spending so much time at my apartment that finally I was like "when are you going to chip in rent?" and he did and that was that

So anyway, we got engaged at like 2am on christmas eve morning... no wedding date set. We're really not big wedding people with months worth of planning and fancy invites and the big white gown (not that its bad, its just not us) Our plan is just to have a bunch of friends in the backyard and have a JOP or something... maybe a halloween party... more weekend bbq than fancy hall type thing.

What's the longest relationship you've ever had?

Hmm... well I guess this is probably it. I've had others that came close tho..

Well lets see. I ditched one guy I was with for a few years because I found out he slept with my friend.. so that was pretty easy. Haven't spoken to either one of them since. Another I was with for a few years.. I told him he was being a
and that was the end of that. I know breakups are a big deal to a lot of people.. and I totally get why.. but I just don't let them get to me and I don't go back. No matter how many good things you remember about the person, the fact is you broke up for a reason... so I hang on to that and just move on.

Are you married? Kids?

Not yet, and never. I ain't birthin no babies.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gary (my boyfriend) and I have been together for almost 5 years. We started dating in high school in 2002. We are currently not engaged but I am hoping it will happen very soon!
This is the longest relationship I have ever had

No kids or anything that will happen after we get married!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in a relationship now? Yes, I'm engaged.

What's the longest relationship you've ever had? 5+ years so far with Scott
Have you ever broke up with someone...coming out of a long term relationship? Can you tell me how this went please. Breaking up is hard to do when there's a lot of time and emotions involved. Time heals all wounds.

Are you married? Nope. Won't be until 2009.

Kids? - No. Not sure if we will or not. Time will tell.

Single? Divorced? Widowed? I'm Engaged.
\t\t \t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t__________________