Scented Candles: What's your Favorite?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was out shopping yesterday and I came across a candle sale. This sale was for candles I normally wouldn't buy because I would consider them way to expensive. However, since they were reasonable priced I splurged and bought 3 in the following scents.
Pine, Daisy and White Lilac..
I have the Daisy one lite on my desk right now and the smell is incredible.
This brings me to my original question.

What is your favorite candle scent?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE sandalwood but i also love lavender, frankincense & lemon

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm quiet a candle freak myself!! I love candles.
I think my favorite scent is Mulberry and my next favorite is Muscadine!!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like more natural scents. My favorite is Ocean Breeze. I love lavender too. I try not to get anything too girly mainly because my DH loves candles too and he is definatly NOT a girly scent type of guy. We can agree on lavender though. I also don't really like scents that smell like food, vanilla, chocolate or anything like that. They always make me hungry and crave whatever the scent is, that is not good for the waist line

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I like more natural scents. My favorite is Ocean Breeze. I love lavender too. I try not to get anything too girly mainly because my DH loves candles too and he is definatly NOT a girly scent type of guy. We can agree on lavender though. I also don't really like scents that smell like food, vanilla, chocolate or anything like that. They always make me hungry and crave whatever the scent is, that is not good for the waist line
Ooh im the same. Its not that they make me hungry, but i find choc, banana, vanilla and musk all to be too sweet a smell for me, sometimes it's sickly

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OoOoo my favorite ever is "baked apple pie" that "home interiors" puts out.
It's the best candle smell EVER!!!!

I like apple and cinnamon smelling candles best.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the pumpkin spice scent, and also french vanilla. Anything vanilla. But really I prefer incense
which is weird because I'm normally sensitive to strong smells (perfume, cologne, etc) but I loooooove strong incense. Love it.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love anything from Yankee Candle, but my favorites are Cinnamon Apple, Fresh Linen, and Pineapple Gardenia!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really can't stomach any of them. Have developed a sensitivity that affects my throat and my eyes. As a result did some research, and artificial fragrances such as those can be harmful to your health, as well as others. You should NOT expose your children to them. Fragrance comapnies are not required to divulge what is in their "formula" as it is considered a trade secret. The ingredients that are known are carcinogenic, who knows what they are not telling us.

YOu can get things that are fragranced with "essential oils". These are derived from the plant, without the unknown carcinogenics.

Just an FYI for those that want to be "green".

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a candle-holic; I have so many I could open my own shop. But I'm picky about what I burn, and it depends on the season. In spring I love lilac, summer is honeydew or peach (it's hard to find a good peach candle). In cool/cold weather it's got to be cinnamon, with pine just at Christmas. I also like peppermint, but it's hard to find a good one of that, too.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I pretty much just get Yankee Candle scents. In the summer we like the fruity scents but both strongly agree that the winter/fall smells are the best (comes from being raised in Vermont I guess). We love the warm spicey scents of the holidays as well as the "christmas" scents. On candle we have all the time is Home Sweet Home. I have the oil in my burner as well as the candle in the house. Mmmmmm

Makes me really home sick though.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like a little bit of everything, some musks, like sandalwood, some flowery ones, especially lilac, and some food, like apple and cinnamon. I used to sell Partylite and the only candle I didn't like was the honeydew

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I like the "food" smells - vanilla, cinnamon, strawberry. Pine is my least fav.
I like food smells also. I love the fruit ones, peach, melon, etc.

I don't like anything floral or perfumey. They make me sneeze.

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I don't like anything floral or perfumey. They make me sneeze.
reminds me of a joke...

a man sittng next to a woman on the subway notised that she would shudder and groan every time she sneezed. after a few minuttes he asked her if she was ok. she was a littel embarrased but said, 'yeah, im ok, i just have this unusual condition where every time i sneeze i 'get aroused'. the man was a bit taken aback but said, 'oh my, are u taking anything for that?'

she said, 'pepper'.