Cat likes to bite!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I always wrote it off as her being nuts, but it is getting kind of annoying. . . Little Kitty bites when she plays. Not hard most of the time, but sometimes it is just annoying. . . I buy her toys and stuff but the dogs eat them so untill we move into our own place next month, I am not going to be able to buy toys. . . She does not do it all the time. Only when she is in play mode. Most of the time she licks my hands, especially when she tries to wake me up in the morning. . . but play means bite. . . how do I make it stop????

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
A couple of things you need to try. 1st of all, can you get some toys that you can keep locked up except when you play with her?

When she bites, you can try going "owww" or hiss at her. Then gently disengage for a minute. Then you can try playing with her. If she continues, ignore her.

alcool9999

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the cat thinks its playing but takes it to far so if she does it raise your voice a turn away for a bit. then resume play and she will soon get the message

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

A couple of things you need to try. 1st of all, can you get some toys that you can keep locked up except when you play with her?

When she bites, you can try going "owww" or hiss at her. Then gently disengage for a minute. Then you can try playing with her. If she continues, ignore her.
I have tried keeping them in my room only and closing the door, but my father goes in and out of there all the time so as soon as I leave the door is wide open again. I could try putting them up, but alot of them she does a job at hiding herself. . . Moved the furniture couple months ago, and found all of the unaccounted for's. . .

I did not think to hiss at her. . . Will try that one next time she does it. . . Thanks everyone!