Well, they called

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My insurance company called and left a message today about my fender bender the other day. They want to get a statement about what happend. Darn it, I was hoping they wouldn't find out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

So, what happened?
Don't know, haven't called back yet. I'm waiting till' tomorrow.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much damage was done?
Was you at fault? I faguely remember the thread?
Was anyone hurt?
Was the police called?

I know when I got in my bender at the first of the year it was a quick painless procedure. And all was said and done in under a month. I think part of why it went by so quickly was we had a police report. Just call them and by honest and straightforward and all will work itself out. Are you worried your rates will go up?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

How much damage was done?
Was you at fault? I faguely remember the thread?
Was anyone hurt?
Was the police called?

I know when I got in my bender at the first of the year it was a quick painless procedure. And all was said and done in under a month. I think part of why it went by so quickly was we had a police report. Just call them and by honest and straightforward and all will work itself out. Are you worried your rates will go up?
There was very little damage, nobody was hurt, and the police were called but a report was not filed. It was my fault though.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other person may have reported it to his/her insurance company. Over this past winter a lady backed into the front of my car while I was sitting in a service station. She said she didn't see me. My car was fine, her rear bumper was messed. Since it was on private property the police didn't have to make a report. He did say she was at fault. We exchanged insurance info but I have never heard anything from this person. I called my insurance company and they said not to worry about it unless I hear something.

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
Try not to frett over it, By husband went in to the back of a truck last year and wrote off his car. (his was small old car, big truck was strong) they werent going fast because it was a line of traffic, a woman cut infront of some cars upahead everyone breaked, truck had better breaks than hubbys car, so hubby went into the back of the truck....anyways police came everyione was fine, swapped insurance details, told insurance etc, the next thing hubby gets is a letter saying the truck driver is SUEING him (apparently truck driver hurt his neck) So Hubby phoned the insurance and they said dont worry its all being taken care of, and that was it, he sisnt have to do anything else!
You pay your insurance company for a reason, and they dont want to pay out anymore than you do so they will sort everthing out, just be honnest, your premium may go up, but in the long run you will be fine

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my first fender bender happened when I was pulling up to a red light, I guess i looked off for a split second, and bumped the rear end of a 4x4 suburban,i was in a truck, didn't hurt their car, no police, we exchanged insurance details my truck had 2500 in damage. i called my insurance, had it fixed, went on about my business.same thing, different day. a year later,my fault,
didn't hurt anyone or her car, just my truck. got it fixed. and moved on. the next yr. i hit a light pole in w-m parking lot, they totaled it! that was a yr ago
in april, i was fighting with them all last summer about what they wanted to give me for my truck, I was without a car for 3 months. we settled, as soon as I bought my new car, or any car for that matter, that is when my premiums went out the roof.
3 yrs, without an increase, heck I thought, I had it made! and then bam!!!
3level increase all in one whack! whenever you take out a new policy, that is when it goes up!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just called them. I had to give a recorded statement about what happend and estimate the damage to my car which is none. I guess the other people did turn their damage in.