My 401k...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wait until you've been enrolled for a while and you start to rack up thousands of dollars in interest each year. I get my statement and go *ching ching* *ching ching* and dream of an early retirement.

Way to go!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome

I cant invest in 401k at my company yet, they want you to be over 21 to do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Awesome

I cant invest in 401k at my company yet, they want you to be over 21 to do it.
Max it out when you can! You'll love it!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always love seeing numbers grow - especially when it is money going to me!!

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lookingglass:

I assume you are young and just starting out your investing. That puts you way ahead of most people. You can gear your investing now towards growth type stocks, which have high returns but can be risky. As you age, you wll want to gradually shift over to more value type stocks, which have merely adequate returns but are fairly safe. No-load mutual funds are an excellent way to go. Good luck on growing your portfolio.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

lookingglass:

I assume you are young and just starting out your investing. That puts you way ahead of most people. You can gear your investing now towards growth type stocks, which have high returns but can be risky. As you age, you wll want to gradually shift over to more value type stocks, which have merely adequate returns but are fairly safe. No-load mutual funds are an excellent way to go. Good luck on growing your portfolio.
That's cool... I have an idea of what to do I just need to connect the dots. I've been reading about investing before I did it.

Is it bad that I'm still thrilled about my dollar?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Is it bad that I'm still thrilled about my dollar?

Thats a dollar earned you didn't have before!! I'd be excited too

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should absolutely be happy about that dollar! Just think how many dollars it will be by the time you can use it!!

I'm happy to see the numbers go up even though there are weeks where it only goes up because I contributed. Even in those weeks when the market is down I try to think "I am young and a down market just means I can buy quality stock at bargain prices" I just hope it will come back up when I want to retire