REALLY bad customer service!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I went to a national fast food chain about a week and half ago and ordered dinner for the guys out on the job.
When I got it home, it was disqusting and half of the order was missing.
I called the store and told them it was inedible. The young girl was rude and didn't even say she was sorry.

After I hung up, the guys tell me "They forgot the biscuits"
So I called back again when the manager answered I hear an employee in the backgound say "That
is calling again?"
By this time I was livid and told them I would call the corporate office.. They laughed and said "Go ahead!".

So I called corporate and they said they were sorry and they would send me a coupon to compensate me for the whole order (Over $35 with all the guys).

I got the coupon in the mail today. It was for a whopping $3!

I called the corporate back and am now getting a run around about it. They transfered me to 3 separate #'s and then finally a voice mail!

I left a message and hope I get a call back within the next day or so. Either way, I don't think I'm going to be eating there EVER again! Which sucks because I LOVE thier food normally!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been where you are at. For some reason my order is always wrong, something is forgetten etc... I've asked my sister (who has one of her jobs in the fast food biz) if it is really that hard to get it right? She said "Not at all!" It is amazing but I have been treated the same way at fast food places, it makes me livid and I let em know. Im sure they could care less, but get it right already!!!! Sure some mistakes are acceptable (they happen) but a $3 coupon to compensate for messed up orders and childish employee's is almost insulting (you can barely get a burger with that, lol... would be funny if it werent true). Keep at it, I would be mad if I were you too.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, sounds about right

I had an awful experience with a "fast" food place at lunch today

Drive thru was packed, so I decide to go in- big mistake! Should have just gave up when I seen the drive thru line around the building. Long story short, I got my simple little basic everyday cheeseburger meal about 25 minutes later

Not nearly as bad as yours though! That was just awful all the way around. Hopefully you get a response from someone in corporate soon!
You say you like their food, is there any other locations nearby? Maybe it was just this one with the horrible staff?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably have a website but if you email customer service all you might get is a canned answer.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, unfortunatley thats just one of those things that's hard to fix. Even if you do :censored: at them, they wont care or change their way. Just do as you are: don't return, and TELL everyone you know to do the same!

I know how you feel though...

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man I feel for ya.

I got some of the best service at my local Taco Bell yesterday. Matter of fact, I was so pleased with how cheerful everyone was I emailed the company to let them know they were doing a good job.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the other side of the coin, DH and I were at a fast food place recently, eating in. He ordered 2 of a particular kind of sandwich (2 for $5), but got 2 of a different kind of sandwich. I took it back up, and not only did they give us the right sandwiches, the guy told us to keep the two wrong ones as well because they would just throw them away otherwise. He was extremely nice, as well.

But I agree, the trend these days is the customer is wrong.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Ok so I went to a national fast food chain about a week and half ago and ordered dinner for the guys out on the job.
When I got it home, it was disqusting and half of the order was missing.
I called the store and told them it was inedible. The young girl was rude and didn't even say she was sorry.

After I hung up, the guys tell me "They forgot the biscuits"
So I called back again when the manager answered I hear an employee in the backgound say "That
is calling again?"
By this time I was livid and told them I would call the corporate office.. They laughed and said "Go ahead!".

So I called corporate and they said they were sorry and they would send me a coupon to compensate me for the whole order (Over $35 with all the guys).

I called the corporate back and am now getting a run around about it. They transfered me to 3 separate #'s and then finally a voice mail!

I left a message and hope I get a call back within the next day or so. Either way, I don't think I'm going to be eating there EVER again! Which sucks because I LOVE thier food normally!
You got to name names here. So, all of us will start talking about it. Also start posting on food forums and food blogs about them, the place, the name of the employees...etc. This will inform others and maybe bite them in the a$$ one day.

Keep on calling the corporate office and write letter to the President and have that manager fired. keep at it till you get somewhere. Let us know how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

Yeah, sounds about right

I had an awful experience with a "fast" food place at lunch today

Drive thru was packed, so I decide to go in- big mistake! Should have just gave up when I seen the drive thru line around the building. Long story short, I got my simple little basic everyday cheeseburger meal about 25 minutes later

Not nearly as bad as yours though! That was just awful all the way around. Hopefully you get a response from someone in corporate soon!
You say you like their food, is there any other locations nearby? Maybe it was just this one with the horrible staff?
Normally I go to one closer to my house but on this day I was closer to this one.
To be honest, the last couple times I've went to this one they weren't the most pleased employees then

If you want the name to this fast food restuarant, PM me and I'll tell you.
I didn't want to post it here and get in trouble.

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the lesson here is to avoid all fast food, period.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I receive a good piece of advice once: "Always check your bag before you leave the parking lot".

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I receive a good piece of advice once: "Always check your bag before you leave the parking lot".
I usually do but I had two screaming hungry kids in the truck and just wanted to get the food to the guys (and the kids) as quickly as I could

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

It's one of those things in life where you're never expected to have an evidence which proves what really happened and then you get screwed and that sucks

But I can't believe they honestly sent you $3 coupon, this is more than shame to do a such thing...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

It's one of those things in life where you're never expected to have an evidence which proves what really happened and then you get screwed and that sucks

But I can't believe they honestly sent you $3 coupon, this is more than shame to do a such thing...
I know. I told them when I called "You sent me a $3.00 coupon, to the SAME store? It would cost me about the same in gas to get there and back. How is this reibursement?"

The lady didn't have an answer

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread doesn't surprise me at all. I have had this happen a few times when dealing with fast food chains. And the thing is I understand orders sometimes get mixed up or made the wrong way I can live with that.

Rude customer service is quite another thing..

If the vendor makes the mistake they should acknowledge it, apologize for it, then remake, or refund. That is good business practice.

You certainly never should have had to go beyond the manager with your complaint.

And the head office certainly should have done more then what they did..especially since the manager would not deal with it.

Unfortunately it all boils down to good business ethics and the bigger the company the less there are to go around..

By the way that's my rant for the day.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats part of why I stopped going to fast food places. That and after I read Fast Food Nation and learned how they treat their employies and the animals that they use for their food. I am not surprised in one bit by what happened to you. A very well known burger palce, the one witht the "golden arches" is the worse of them all. They control everything. I have facts and things about them that if I posted here would get me in trouble. PM me if you want to know more about them and other, or just read the book. All I know isf I would much rather starve than support any of them.

Ultamatly it comes down to this. For every coustomer they lose for bad service or food, there are two more willing to walk in the door. Its a sad fact but true. You don't mean anything to them. All you were was a spec on the radar.

I really hate to say it but cut your losses and stop suporting them. Just eat real food. Your local grocery store has ready made things in the deli. It may cost a bit more, sometimes it doesn't but you will be treated with some dignaty.

Oh yea, most fast food joints are privatly owned all corpret does is supply the product and make sure they all look the same.