A picture can paint a thousand words

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a bit of an idea and I hope it has the desired effect.
I've been reading the thread "cranky day" and some comments about starting new threads with interesting stuff.

What I propose we do is design some pictures, to do with cats or TCS, then post them with comments, like why you drew that particular picture or what it represents. After all a picture certainly does paint a thousand words, and if you are like me and sometimes have difficulty expressing your words. A picture that you drew or created using the thoughts in your head, will certainly help. { I hope that made sense}

Anyway since this is my thread, I shall go first.

Below is a picture I created a while ago to use at the bridge because, I am no good at expressing sympathy.
So whilst I would like to say nice words but can't, I just let my picture say it all.

The sky in the background is my way of representing heaven/the bridge, flowers are always used at a funeral and I chose not to put an image of a cat because its not just cats that go to the bridge, other animals can too, next is the small heart and cross, well so as to not be seen as forcing religion onto anyone, its just to represent heaven again, however if one has no religious beliefs then they can picture the flames as the life of their pet still burning in their heart and the thorns can represent the pain that loss causes. Last but not least the words requiescant in pace which {if memory serves me right} is Latin for rest in peace, because even our beloved pets deserve to rest in peace.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is really gorgeous! very nicely done
unfortunately you probably have more artisitc talent in your pinkie than I do in my whole body
so I can't create anything, but I sure do like to look!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great! I'll have to sit down this afternoon and see what I can come up with!!! I like the idea of creating a pic for the Bridge too. Words never seem enough, but that's a good way to show your support I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

That is really gorgeous! very nicely done
unfortunately you probably have more artisitc talent in your pinkie than I do in my whole body
so I can't create anything, but I sure do like to look!
Good heavens no, my artistic talent stinks. I try draw a straight line on a bit of paper and I end up with something that looks like a seismograph or try and draw a circle and end up with something that might be passed off as an octopus

I'm sure you could do something like that, all I did was get some photo's I had taken then cut some out, moosh them about and voila, you saw the result.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Takezou, you do beautiful work!! I can't even draw stick figures, much less something like that. Very nicely done!!

But, I do enjoy seeing all the neat designs the good people on TCS create!!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a good idea! Good Work!

Your picture captures what you are trying to say! They say a picture is worth a thousand words...yours definitely is! You'll have to show us more creative pictures you do now

We are creative too but in order to do that - we'd need a computer at home

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oooo fun!!! I don't know when I'll get a chance to do this, but I'll definitely try!

-Kristen

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Paulena

I can't even draw stick figures, much less something like that. Very nicely done!!

!
Even stick drawings will work here, it seems stick figures are still popular, I was playing an online game the other day that used them.

Post some of your stick figures.

Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Your picture captures what you are trying to say! They say a picture is worth a thousand words...yours definitely is! You'll have to show us more creative pictures you do now

We are creative too but in order to do that - we'd need a computer at home
You know I don't actually do lots, but I had that one pic, and was posting it in the bridge and thats what gave me the idea. It also helped me explain why I found it easier to talk with that pic.

The idea is not limited just to photo manipulations, heck if you can draw something like free hand or something I would definitely love to see that.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok here is one for me to use in the Bridge forum. I made a cat one and a dog one. I'd like to have a bird one too. I'm having a hard time with the rainbow on it, but I like the rest so far. Feel free to give any input!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^The rainbow looks ok. Can you find any pictures of a rainbow cast by a prism, with a black background? I remember always seeing those in science books. It might help you with the rainbow if you're not happy with how it looks.
Oh, and you might want to take the second L off until, you misspelled it.

Up on top. That shade of green text over a light background would look a little nicer if with an added darker shadow or outline around the text.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Ok here is one for me to use in the Bridge forum. I made a cat one and a dog one. I'd like to have a bird one too. I'm having a hard time with the rainbow on it, but I like the rest so far. Feel free to give any input!
That's beautiful!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Very well done indeed.
See how easy it is.

And nobody can get cranky at this thread either.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! I did more work on it last night. I added a boarder to it. I'm still working on getting what I need for a bird/rodent/rabbit one. The cat and dog were stamps in the program so they were easy.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

this is my picture. its me and my cats. our luv grows like flowers and shines like the sun!!!!!!

You figured out how to post pics?!

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

You figured out how to post pics?!
i always knew how to do that. on other forums where that dont mind if u post copyrited pics i post screen grabs from the net all the time. what i dont know how to do is get the pics from dads camra to my computer.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

i always knew how to do that. on other forums where that dont mind if u post copyrited pics i post screen grabs from the net all the time. what i dont know how to do is get the pics from dads camra to my computer.
Oh, but that's the easy part!

ETA: I apologize for hijacking the thread. The artwork is really beautiful!