Question of the Day - August 28th

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It also depends for me. I do tend to buy a lot more name brands on things because they work better, taste better, etc... But I do buy generic if I really can tell no difference between them.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends for me as well. I will use generic brands when at all possible simply because of the cost issue. However I have found certain things you get better results from by buying a brand name.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
depends...with meds, most generic are the same. However, I'll never buy generic cat litter, cat food, deodorant, or peanut butter. Foods are iffy. If I like the generic after trying, I'll only buy the generic. A lot of money gets saved that way.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I took my generic antihistamine with morning followed up by my generic "sudafed" and generic ibuprofen for my headache. Depends on what I am buying if its going to be generic or not.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Generic or "store brand" for me. Though not for cat food or litter, only for human food and things. Though I like specific brands of "comfort" items like toilet paper, kleenex, etc., and even cereal I like specific brands. But things like juice, canned stuff, milk... I just get what's cheapest, I see no difference in quality.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a generic buyer! about the only things I HAVE to have brand name are Diet Pepsi and Dawn dish detergent
I like Charmin, but have no problem buying generic TP

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Errr...I suppose it depends on what I'm buying. For example, I love Cheeze-Its, but I think the generic brand tastes funny.

The thing about some generic brands (especially grocery store brand products), is that they might be made at the same factory as a name brand, but just packaged under a different (generic) company.

-Kristen

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the most part name brands, but sometimes, I will get generic in some over the counter meds.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another "it depends" person. Mostly store or generic since many are manufactured by the same plant.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends. When it comes to haircare I only use professional (licensed hairstylist, so of course i do), on the other hand I am versitle with makeup... Some is brand name (TIGI, Bibo, Sebastian... not as outragously priced as some other brands) and others are available at the drug store. As for clothes, love brand name (have some) but i do without. Now purses hmmmmm (got a thing for my coach bags). As for food... I almost never buy generic. So yes Im a brand name lover, but not to the point of being out of control.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will buy generic in some products, but certain things I like my brand name. Silly things sometimes, like ketchup, to me really do taste different. So I do a little of both! DH and I tend to compare prices to ounces and things for almost everything. (Except things that we know we won't use a lot of and could go bad before we use them.)

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

It also depends for me. I do tend to buy a lot more name brands on things because they work better, taste better, etc... But I do buy generic if I really can tell no difference between them.
I do the same!!

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Depends on the item. One thing I never buy generic is medicines.