I dont know what to do anymore... Can I make this work?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is about kitties btw.

Ok so about a month ago i got Osiris (6 months male). I already have two other cats... Tiger (5 year old male) and Nollee (1 year old female). We started off with Tiger and decided he needed a buddy so we added Nollee. It took Tiger and Nollee three days and they have been best friends ever since. I decided 6 months later to get Osiris so Nollee had a more energetic friend (Tiger is a little lazy and um... well-loved). Nollee and Osiris get along ok, except Osiris is a little too rough when he plays and cleans her, so eventhough she tolerates him... she isnt a huge fan. Tiger on the otherhand was very dominant when I brought Osiris home (we did the seperation thing for about a week) he would attack him alot, stalk him, hiss, etc. Things havent gotten much better except now the roles have reversed. Now, Tiger is less aggressive and actually interested in Osiris, the problem is Osiris depises him after the introduction process. Everytime Tiger comes near Osiris he growls, etc. Well... Tiger, being man of the house, gets irritated with Osiris's attitude and attacks... Here is the big problem... Everytime Tiger attacks Osiris, Osiris has a diarrhea outburst on either the floor, wall, computer desk... wherever.

Osiris has had a gas/poop issue since I brought him home. After a vet check and fecal exam everything came out fine. So I changed his diet and put him on probiotics (bout 4 days ago). It seems the probiotics arent helping but possibly making his poo more liquid. I should also add that last week thursday i got Osiris neutered and he has been seperated up until 2 days ago (still seperating him while we are at work, and sleeping). Im sure he poo's because he gets scared, which would be ok if the poo where more like poo instead of liquid. I feel so bad. My bf wants me to get rid of him because things arent working out but I love him dearly. He is an awesome cat, a total people cat. What can I do to help the situation? I cant keep them seperated forever, and I hate to see Osiris stressed whenever Tiger comes around? I dont want to get rid of him, I dont give up on my animals

Sorry this was so long, Im just crushed by the situation.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont have any suggestions for you, but this might be better if it was put in the behavior or health section.
good luck i hope things start to settle down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt know what section to put it under, since it could be put under various. So if a mod comes by feel free to place it, where it is suited best.

This is just background, I put it in the cats lounge, because my bf thinks I need to find him a different home.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used the flower essences with much success...but it was to calm my cats down because they lost their big sister
And also have used Feliway to stop my one cat from spraying...so far so good with that.
Good Luck

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry for your loss. I dont know what to do, I dont want to give him up... That isnt fair to him, but I also dont want him to be stressed on a daily basis. I love all my kitties, I cant just brush one off because we have some issues to overcome

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never tried Feliway but I've used Bach's Rescue Remedy on both the cats and the dogs with a lot of success. I've even taken it myself!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I've never tried Feliway but I've used Bach's Rescue Remedy on both the cats and the dogs with a lot of success. I've even taken it myself!
Where can that be purchased? Sorry for so many questions everyone, Im just exploring my options.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a similar situation with Luna. She's just anti-social because when B and I moved in together we didn't properly introduce them. Just plopped Beauty and Patches into her territory and she took offense to that.

After 6 mos, the situation got better to the point that Luna and Patches would play with each other. Not the best of friends, but not enemies either. Then last year we brought in Whitey who is just as dominant craving as Patches is. Luna just hates him.
One thing that did help a little was St. John's Wart. I would place a drop or two in their water and that really seemed to calm everyone down.
This worked better then the Feliway as Luna would become MORE aggressive with Feliway as well as Calming solutions.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im trying to explore other options besides feliway (price wise, dont want to spend alot of cash on something that may do nothing, id like to explore other options first). A friend of mine on here also suggested Calm's Forte. Im really appreciating all this info, and thanks for listening to my situation.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Should I try feliway?
Absolutely. As I've mentioned before, you can get a Feliway Diffuser for $20 at Farm & Fleet. I buy all of my refills there for $14.99

We have a Feliway diffuser going 24/7 because we are having aggression issues with Raven and Stimpy. Stimpy knows something is wrong with Raven (the cancer), he senses it, and has been wretchedly awful since this spring. We've also started seperating the cats during the day. Nabu alternates days with Raven or Stimpy. When we're home or only gone for an hour or 2 everyone stays loose. I can absolutely tell when the diffuser is low by Stimpy's behavior.

I would also suggest completely restarting introductions by moving Osiris back into a safe room.
http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanageme...roducecats.htm

ETA: I don't have anything good to say about Flower Essences other than they were an expensive waste of money. A tiny bottle of Rescue Remedy wasn't cheap 5 yrs ago when I tried it. And it didn't work at all.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Absolutely. As I've mentioned before, you can get a Feliway Diffuser for $20 at Farm & Fleet. I buy all of my refills there for $14.99

We have a Feliway diffuser going 24/7 because we are having aggression issues with Raven and Stimpy. Stimpy knows something is wrong with Raven (the cancer), he senses it, and has been wretchedly awful since this spring. We've also started seperating the cats during the day. Nabu alternates days with Raven or Stimpy. When we're home or only gone for an hour or 2 everyone stays loose. I can absolutely tell when the diffuser is low by Stimpy's behavior.

I would also suggest completely restarting introductions by moving Osiris back into a safe room.
http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanageme...roducecats.htm

ETA: I don't have anything good to say about Flower Essences other than they were an expensive waste of money. A tiny bottle of Rescue Remedy wasn't cheap 5 yrs ago when I tried it. And it didn't work at all.
Osiris is seperated again, he has been since his surgery. Sometimes Tiger gets in his safe room (bf not closing the door all the way
) so that is what I meant by them not being fully seperated for 2 days. I am trying to keep the bf from leaving the door open (our views on introductions are a little different).

I noticed those flower essence items are pricey as can be. Im glad i was able to get some honest feedback on them. I have alot of work ahead of me. Thanks for having my back guys

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Where can that be purchased? Sorry for so many questions everyone, Im just exploring my options.
I got it at the local health food store... I think it was only $5 for a small bottle of it and it lasted a long time.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt get any of the calming meds yet (I tried finding some at walgreens and couldnt... was sick today so I wasnt able to get to the health food store), but him and Tiger had some contact today. Tiger gave him a few licks and that was about it. Im still keeping them seperated for the most part. Interaction is only going on for a few minutes a day, and Osiris demands we hold him when Tiger is nearby. On the other hand I have been bringing Nollee into Osiris's room to play for about an hour or more each day. He just adores playing with her. I think there is a long road ahead of us, each day is different. Uhhh men I say