Daily Thread Tuesday 28 August

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning, afternoon or evening all.

Well today marks my 14th smoke-free day. I think going cold turkey would have been impossible if it weren't for the moral support of my fellow TCS members.
So thank-you all.

Well the highlight of my day was cleaning the stinking washing machine. (it doesn't nor did it stink) My lovely wife forgot to empty her pockets (thought it was just us guys that do that) and well she had a small memo pad in her pocket which turned to mache. So getting it all out of the machine and off the clothes before a second attemp to wash was just oh so fun.

I forgot to get rid Diego's food before letting Ryu out of his room, and so he gutsed that down too after his huge breakfast. I can't believe the amount he eats, he gets the same amount of dry as Diego at the moment plus 1/2 can of wet. and he polishes that off before Diego has even made a dent in his. He's going to be one fat cat I think.
He also has a good set of lungs on him, so if he wants more to eat, you either give in or suffer the torment of hours of relentless meowing.

A community announcement was broadcast about 1/2 an hour ago to let residents in my neighbourhood know that there is a lingerie thief going around,
what a
, At first I laughed at it, thinking it was quite funny, but since I am a foreigner here, they might just think its me
eben though the whole world knows how perverted the men of Japan are.

Anyhoo have yourselves a great day, and remember only 4 days left til the beginning of spring/autumn, depending which hemisphere you are in

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay that would be southern hemisphere for me

Woman standing outside house with camera trying to take photos..not strange is it? It's a blood moon now, but there's too many street lights, i'm trying to get pictures. Ill wait another half hour and just get the crescent pics

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Well today marks my 14th smoke-free day. I think going cold turkey would have been impossible if it weren't for the moral support of my fellow TCS members.
So thank-you all.
Yay!!!!!! Congrats again!!!!
Two whole weeks!!!

Good morning everyone!

My significant other and I both woke up at 5am sick today. I'm hoping he calls into work because that will make my day oh so very much easier. (it shortens my work day if he doesn't go since we carpool)

I have another day of heavy work-related classes again today. I'm hoping the weather is cooler than yesterday, I wore a sweater yesterday and boy was I unhappy with that decision.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well today marks my 14th smoke-free day.
Keep it up your doing great

Morning!
Back with my nose to the grind after we had a public holiday yesterday.

It's quite coool here today and were expecting showers later.

Jack bit through the cable on the mouse AGAIN!!
It's my own stupid fault for leaving it lying around, so i'll have to get another one at the weekend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Jack bit through the cable on the mouse AGAIN!!
It's my own stupid fault for leaving it lying around, so i'll have to get another one at the weekend
Wireless optical is the only way to go. It is truly a god send, except that the batteries don't last terribly long, but its definitely a great investment, especially if you buy rechargable batteries

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning peeps

It is my shelter morning today, so lots of yukky cages to be cleaned and some kitties to work with. I have also been working on a series of info sheets for the adoption packages (explaining introductions, declawing, speutering, changing food etc) and have to show them to the higher uppers today to get the ok so I am a little nervous.

Diego, congrats on the not smoking for 2 weeks!

I got up early to see the moon but it is too cloudy out but I did notice that there are ambulances at both the apartment building next door and the one across the street, so vibes for whoever they were called for.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Wireless optical is the only way to go. It is truly a god send, except that the batteries don't last terribly long, but its definitely a great investment, especially if you buy rechargable batteries
I nearly bought one of those as well, so i might look into them more

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your 14th day! I promise, there WILL be a day when you look at smokers and say "Ugh! That is sooooo digusting!" (I do it now and I only socially smoked!!).

I got great news from our landlord last night! Not only is she letting us out of our lease, but providing that she gets renters by the time we move (creating a smooth transition for her) she will give us our deposit back

I'm probably going to need that when everything is all done!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Tuesday, TCS!!
Congrats on two smoke-free weeks Diego!!

Uneventful day so far although we are getting back to the time of year when I leave for work in the dark

Plus, there's plenty of time for "events" later...

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I promise, there WILL be a day when you look at smokers and say "Ugh! That is sooooo digusting!" (I do it now and I only socially smoked!!).
I've been saying that for a very long time, people listen to you more when your a smoker saying what a filthy habit it is. For some reason if you don't smoke and say that, they are like "oh typical judgemental smoker, why don't you try it first" not realising that you have kicked the habit.

To be perfectly honest with you and you will probably say this is just as bad but, with the amount of stress I'm under at the moment, I find myself saying "boy I could kill for a drink right now" LOL forget cigarettes just give me alcohol

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morning/afternoon/evening all

I didn't get much sleep last night, our new kitty (finally named her- Lyra) decided to come out and beg cuddles from us ALL NIGHT with her tiny little piercing meow. I don't mind so much- she's finally come out from under the bed- but I missed my sleep
so I'm a bit extra tired.
I have a Dr. appointment today to get out the stitches from my surgery. Wish me luck, I have a weird open area on one incision that doesn't look too pretty, I'm hoping my surgeon can help.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrat's on 2 weeks free of smoking!

Thats great!

Today is an interesting day...I dropped Ike off at the vet at 8am to get spayed. I'm a little bit nervous, but I know she'll be OK. *sigh*

I have nothing else to do today, so I'm basically just waiting around for them to call me to get her. It's just no good for my anxiety.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today marks my 14th smoke-free day.
Congrats on that, I know it's not the easiest thing to do but it is well worth it.

Another nice day here, bright, sunny and about 22 degrees, wonderful walking weather.

Heading off to work in a bit, will be dealing with sales reps and purchase orders most of the day.

The kitties are again birdwatching this morning. With autumn just around the corner there as been a huge increase in birds flocking around the area..I also have a dozen squirrels and chipmunks all gathering wild black cherries from the two trees I have in my yard. I also have several oak trees along my street that you really have to watch if you are walking under because you could get beaned with acorns the squirrels are gathering.

Everyone have a good day.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job on the two weeks of not smoking!!!

Today is probably the last hot/humid day of summer here in Wisconsin (I hope)
Rain is predicted this afternoon and tonite.

No work for me today-bummer!! But I have stuff lined up for the reat of the week.

Picked about 25 pounds of tomatoes today-gonna get them processed they are finally producing as I picked 10 pounds a couple of days ago. Wish I didn't have so many icky spoiled ones though.

That's about all the excitement here today!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've been saying that for a very long time, people listen to you more when your a smoker saying what a filthy habit it is. For some reason if you don't smoke and say that, they are like "oh typical judgemental smoker, why don't you try it first" not realising that you have kicked the habit.

To be perfectly honest with you and you will probably say this is just as bad but, with the amount of stress I'm under at the moment, I find myself saying "boy I could kill for a drink right now" LOL forget cigarettes just give me alcohol
Totally understand. I quit cold turkey about 4-5 years ago...but had a relapse 2 years ago. Since then though I've been very good.

I agree...coming from the smoker's mouth is much more believing then a non-smokers. Heck B still smokes, but he hates the smokers that don't respect non-smokers.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!
It's a beautiful sunny day outside today!!!
Only supposed to get up to 83 too so that makes me happy!

I spent part of the night on the couch because Noodles wanted to sing outside our bedroom door and was keeping DH up. Of course once I came out of the bedroom all she did was go jump on top of the cat tree and sit there quietly.
No cuddles for me! She also woke me up today after I went back to bed by banging on the door and singing some more. This is not going to become a habit! At least I can sleep in right now!

I'm doing some laundry today and I should be finally going to the unemployment office to sign up for assistance since I received my last check from my old employer last Friday. I'm also going to start looking over my travel toiletries and what not for my trip next week. I keep wanting to start packing things and then I remember, if I do that, I won't have anything to wear in the meantime!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning/evening all!!

Looks like it is gonna be another hot one here today, but hopefully by the weekend, it is suppose to cool off to mid 80's, that will be nice after the 100+ days we have had for the last 2-3 weeks!!

Nothing really planned today, got to go into town and run a few errands that I didn't get done yesterday!!

Hope everyone has a great day/evening!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I should be finally going to the unemployment office to sign up for assistance since I received my last check from my old employer last Friday.
Do you have a stand down period for unemployment assistance? New Zealand has a pretty screwed up system where you must stand down for 26wks. They base it on how much you earned whilst working, not taking into account rent, food, bills and so on. They must think you saved up a nice wee nest egg or something that will help you through the time.