Here's just a couple:

Ooooh so crisp

102 photos later...

Really mum, I'm going blind!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooh, new cameras are fun!! That's some nice detail on a black cat...

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I love this one...the blurred background really sets off sweet Smudge. What kind of camera is it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

I love this one...the blurred background really sets off sweet Smudge. What kind of camera is it?
It's a Nikon D80 (digital SLR). I'm about to go play with it some more... poor kitties.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats with your new purchase!!!

I am sure we will be seeing even more beautiful pics once you mastered your new D80. What lens did you get?

Can't wait for more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

Congrats with your new purchase!!!

I am sure we will be seeing even more beautiful pics once you mastered your new D80. What lens did you get?

Can't wait for more.
I got the 50mm, which I already love, thanks sooooo much for the advice!! I also got a 27-70mm which I'm now thinking was a waste of money..., and a 70-200mm which has vibration reduction and seems pretty good so far!

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I got the 50mm, which I already love, thanks sooooo much for the advice!! I also got a 27-70mm which I'm now thinking was a waste of money..., and a 70-200mm which has vibration reduction and seems pretty good so far!
Alright, you got the nifty-fifty. Is it f/1.4 or f/1.8? With the nifty-fifty you will be able to take many artistic shots since it has shallow DOF and excellent in low light situation. Try some close ups on the kits with widest aperture (lowest f-stop) and it will create shallow DOF effect. Also, I am sure you will be most happy with its ability to take excellent picture in low light. Give it a try.

27-70 f/2.8 is a wide angle lens with pretty good aperture (f/2.8) should be helpful when taking wider angle pictures in low light situation. You will find sometimes that the nifty-fifty is too close and 27-70 should come in handy.

Now, go take some more pics.