Halloween

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! Tis the season to start looking for discounts on Halloween costumes. What will you be this Halloween? Will you dress up your kitties/doggies too?

I think I'll keep it simple this year and opt for some accessories for myself---devil horns and red gloves, etc. Maybe I'll find a way to put a little lightning bolt on Nimbus' forehead (His name derives from Harry Potter, after all!
).

I loveee Halloween. Does TCS have a kitty costume contest?! If not, IT SHOULD!

-Kristen

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
No one around here celebrates it, it's more an American thing. But in the Southern hemisphere, samhain is actually in May

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe I am going as either Xianghua from Soul Caliber (its a video game) or Princess peach Just not sure which one yet! I LOVE halloween!
I dressed Kahlua up as a witch last year and she tried to destroy the costume... But we are having a party at Camp Ruff N More (the doggy daycare I work at)

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my god I love love LOVE Halloween.

I'm already looking forward to it too, haven't decided on a costume yet, but am already decorating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I believe I am going as either Xianghua from Soul Caliber (its a video game) or Princess peach Just not sure which one yet! I LOVE halloween!
I dressed Kahlua up as a witch last year and she tried to destroy the costume... But we are having a party at Camp Ruff N More (the doggy daycare I work at)
Aww, I once put my first cat in a dress...but she just refused to move and looked extremely unhappy with me.

Wow, I'd never have the patience to put together a costume from Soul Caliber. Princess Peach from Mario? I vote for that one!

-Kristen

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Utah is pretty anti-Halloween.
The kids dress up but mostly they go to safe trunk or treat fuctions, usually during daylight hours in the church parking lots.

I'll probably put my dog's jack o'lantern bandana on him, that's about it.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nimbus

Aww, I once put my first cat in a dress...but she just refused to move and looked extremely unhappy with me.

Wow, I'd never have the patience to put together a costume from Soul Caliber. Princess Peach from Mario? I vote for that one!

-Kristen
I want to do Xianghua's red (I think its the P2) costume. Its pretty! We are going to a dork fest (lol thats what I'm calling it anyways but its really a gaming convention) in early october and we are dressing up for that so I will already have the costumes.
If I go as Peach Gary (my boyfriend) is going to be mario and if I go as xianghua he shall be Mitsurugi

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I haven't started to look for a Halloween costume yet. Good thinking though. I hope I get to see kids dressed up this year!! I've missed the last 2 years.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We really don't celebrate Halloween here. To much work that I do not have the patience for really. So around here its more like like go to the store, each kid picks a small bag of candy, call it Halloween and go home.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are gearing up for Halloween/Samhain here! I put an ad on Freecycle for free decorations. Last year we handed out candy. I dressed up as a sorceress again. (How original of a witch huh..lol)

I may just wear my cloak this year and that's it. Too many old men were staring at me last year.

Sierra went as Wonder Woman. She can still fit part of the outfit so she may do that again this year. It was an expensive costume so hopefully it will last till then.

Kota wore a hippy outfit. But she didn't like it very well.

Me in my cloak. I bought this from a woman in Canada a few years ago. All hand made. The bottom can be switched around so I can either wear brown on top or the beige. There's lots of detail in it that you can't see in the picture. Needless to say I love this cloak!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm.....
I have a ritual robe that has been blessed but as yet has no adornment on it, I may wear that with a simple cord sash.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually go trick or treating with my neices
It is so much fun!

Nimbus by the way, your siggy is just the cutest

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to dress up this year, but I'm not sure as what.. the last 2 years I didnt do anything for Halloween. The company I work at has a Halloween costume contest (although its kind of hard when you have to make the costume NOT interfere with working in a chemistry lab!)

None of the cats would go for a costume, I'd end up shredded!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Halloween is great. I usually don't dress up or anything but it's my favorite holiday. I just love the feeling in the air on Halloween.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I ADORE Halloween! It's my favorite time of the year, and my favorite holiday. I decorate nearly the entire house (nothing scary--I don't like the ghoulish aspect of Halloween). This year, I'm growing my own pumpkins. I'll still have to buy some, though. I try to have an annual party, too. Last year, it was a 1920's Halloween party (that was the heyday of Halloween parties, before trick or treating came along; most of the parties were actually for adults, and quite sophisticated). We get at least 150 trick or treaters; more like 200, so I always dress up to greet them. I'm thinking of making an 18th Century fancy dress, in black taffeta, with a white "Marie Antoinette" type wig.

I don't dress the cats up; I enjoy being alive...

However, last year, Loki, one of my black cats, actually sat on the foyer stairs, watching the kids at the door! He sat there most of the evening, and wasn't scared. Some of the kids remarked to DH, "Look at the neat black cat decoration they have on the stairs!" When he told them the cat was real, they thought it was the coolest thing--a real, live black cat greeting them on Halloween night!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might go as someone from the Matrix or Underworld. I got the black boots and black leather custom fitted trench coat. Gotta love Mr. Hong from Korea!
He made my coat from there for $120!
I still have my elf outfit from a few years back that I handmade. And I mean handmade... me and sewing machines don't mix so I hand sewed 75% of it! And I still have my LOTR elf ear tips but I want to try something new. Well hello there Mr. Anderson...