Total Lunar Eclipse tonight!!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In our neck of the woods, I read that we will only see the tail-end of it toward dawn for maybe and hour or two. But I hope I can get up to see it. And I hope my trees aren't in the way at that time either.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
COOL - I get to watch the entire eclipse when I drive to work in the morning - leave at 4:30am and get to work at 6:30 am

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll probably miss it, but seeing it all orange and glowing at sunset will do just as well! It's beautiful right now!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw one a few years ago, but I don't think I'll be staying up to watch this one

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently we'll be able to see the whole thing from here! Goes from 6:50pm-10:30pm and totality is around 8pm.

Yaaay!!! They said if we miss it there will be another blood moon eclipse next February

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

COOL - I get to watch the entire eclipse when I drive to work in the morning - leave at 4:30am and get to work at 6:30 am
Wow! And I thought my drive to work was bad lately, taking 1.5 hours or so leaving at 7am.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, this is gonna be sweet. I'm up most the night and then I leave at 6 am to get my DH from work. I've never seen a lunar eclipse.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just watched it - it wasn't easy as it was a cloudy night tonight. Grrr. But it is now a beautiful shade of red/orange.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep popping out every half hour to see if i can take pics. Too many street lights, i think it's better for me to take the pics when its partially crescent so i can find the thing on my camera! lol

but yes, tis a lovely shade of red/orange atm

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my amateur attempt at capturing it..not so great, i know but the pic at the end is decent... (link removed)

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we have an absolutely perfect view of it from where I live, clear night sky, no clouds, no trees, no street lights .... looks stunning!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

we have an absolutely perfect view of it from where I live, clear night sky, no clouds, no trees, no street lights .... looks stunning!
got a perfect view too, the same as yours lol. just getting a clear pic is another matter!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RATS
we had a rain storm (thunder/lightening) last nite about 1 am - so the clouds were still around and I didn't get to see a DARN thing on the eclipse.

It would have been so cool to see the entire thing too!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had rain yesterday as well but thankfully by 5am the clouds were gone and I had a perfect view right about my home of the eclipse. I did not think I would have such a great view because they said this one would favor more of the west coast (I am in South Georgia) but we had a great view. Feb. 20, 2008 is when we have the next lunar eclipse. Next total Solar eclipse is August 1, 2008.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to pop out and watch parts of it, too many mosquitoes to stay outside for any length of time though.