6 month Old Kitten with only one Thingy.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a Kitten which is give or take 5-6 months old and he only has one testicle i'm pretty sure he only has one because all the others have 2, and just like humans they are supposed to obtain 2. But "Momo" aka Mohawk has one and i thought he was just growing really slowly, but the other kitten i have which is about 2 weeks younger than him and smaller has fully grown things. Is this normal in kittens or no?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sometimes it can take longer for them to drop. i know in some cases one may be inside which means when he goes in to be fixed theres a bit more involved. the vet may ask you to wait untill his around 8 months to see if it corrects its self, but a vet will be able to tell you a little more about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

sometimes it can take longer for them to drop. i know in some cases one may be inside which means when he goes in to be fixed theres a bit more involved. the vet may ask you to wait untill his around 8 months to see if it corrects its self, but a vet will be able to tell you a little more about it.
Oh okay, thank you.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd talk to the vet on how he wants to handle neutering. He's old enough to neuter, but if the other one is up inside it will be major surgery to take it out. And you can't leave it in either - cause it will produce hormones.