Which Flea treatment do you use?

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I could not vote, my treatment was not up there, guess I'm the oddball. My cats don't go out, but, I do get the occasional flea now and then, I give them a bath and keep a water/vinegar spray bottle handy and they get a squirt where the Frontline would go: neck and tail.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooops! I voted Revolution,which I used to always use, but now I only use it every 4 months, 3 times a year because my cats do go outside and have been known to catch mice. The other months I use frontline.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Frontline for the dog

De flea for Zoey

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Frontline for a preventative. I've used it for years. Frontline the guys every 2-3 months in the warmer months. Longer if it's a really warm year. I found out when I worked in a shelter that the "flea" portion of Frontline works for 2-3 months (that's off-label). So since my cats are completely indoors and I really don't like putting that stuff on them more than necessary, this is how we do it. It's worked for years. Keep in mind we live in a northern climate though.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't go outside, but when I rescused Annabelle she had fleas and I used Frontline...same for Elliott, he was a stray and I also used Frontline on him.
I always keep some on hand, just in case.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I use Frontline for a preventative. I've used it for years. Frontline the guys every 2-3 months in the warmer months. Longer if it's a really warm year. I found out when I worked in a shelter that the "flea" portion of Frontline works for 2-3 months (that's off-label). So since my cats are completely indoors and I really don't like putting that stuff on them more than necessary, this is how we do it. It's worked for years. Keep in mind we live in a northern climate though.
It now says up to 3 months for fleas on the box

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have much of a flea, tick, or mosquito issue around here.
I use Advantage on the dog only, and only in the warm months.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always used frontline as a preventative and when I got my first feral kitten, I used that on him too. Its very expensive in NZ so I hate to think of its price over here, I have seen it advertised only once but haven't seen the product yet.

After I rescued Ryu, he was riddled with fleas, the vet gave me Revolution which seemed to do the trick.

Either one of those, I am happy to use.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use any flea product on the cats - they never had fleas nor do they go outside. Keno (the dog) is treated with BioSpot and she's never had a flea.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Advantage sporadically. Usually a couple of times during the summer then at xmas before I put them in the cattery. I let things slip a bit last year and the vet found some flea dirt on Jaffa, despite him being an indoor cat who has never been outside, so I've done them a couple of times since then. I use Advantage simply because it's what they were given by the vet years ago when Jaffa was a kitten and I've never had any problems with it (although I've had a rather traumatic day today after putting some on this morning due to my ineptitude
)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Can I ask, why you don't just use 1 product for both your babies? is it one has an allergy or something or just your preference?
The Revolution seemed to cause Mika some discomfort so we stopped using it on her. Bijou is really the only one that goes outside anyway (my husband's idea - not mine). I can't tell you how many arguments we've had over this issue and he's adamant that the cat NEEDS to go out. Thankfully Mika belongs to our daughter and she has told him not to let Mika outside.