Idiot drivers

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay on my way home I was almost to this greenlight and this guy in an old 50s model car pulls out in front of me and brakes. Well then he goes and I slowed down cause the light was orange by then but it hadn't turned so I went on through and it turned while I was in the intersection. And this guy kept riding his brakes and then I get behind this guy who the whole way would speed up then slow down and he rode his brakes. So once I got past him I hit about 60 the rest of the way which honestly was too fast. And then I passed up my turn off by like a few feet and simply threw it in reverse and backed up and swung in. I was paying attention but my brakes aren't working right. I have to get fixed.

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I was paying attention but my brakes aren't working right. I have to get fixed.
Note to self: stay off the roads in Kentucky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

Note to self: stay off the roads in Kentucky.
LOL I am not that bad now the rest of the drivers I don't know about

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad drivers eh?

Well, don't you find, that EVER time you are running late - going to work, getting the kids etc. - You always have an idiot in front of you.

Main things that really bug me...

1. Car in front VERY SLOWLY approaching red light and finally stopping with about 3 car spaces in front of them.

2. In the wrong lane. This really annoys me.
People switching lanes in front of you, then switching back to your lane expecting to be let in by you, then going again. This happens a lot near my house and because I know the lane I should be in, it really really REALLY gets on my nerves.

3. Lorries. I was driving to work once and a lorry was in front of me. Ok. But this one...
his brake lights didn't work!! It's bad enough when a bigger vehicle is in front of you, coz you can't see the traffic in front, but when you don't know if hes stopping!!

4. Giving Way... Why does no-one let you out onto the main road? And when you stick the front of your car out a bit further... they go around!!

I am an impatient driver so expect another post on here from me when I think of more things....... bye for now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the only time I drive slow is in the early morning but that's because we have alot of deer out here where I live and I don't feel like wrecking my car. But I hate people who pull out infront of me and then go really slow or when I am trying to make a turn they pull around me on the shoulder rather than giving me a second to make the turn. Where we live we don't always have turn lanes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't drive and don't own a car, so that lets me out for all the stress, except when I'm riding with friends and THEY stress out about it. But yeah, it is terrible, just one more way ego and self-absorption manifests itself in industrialized societies.

taterkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tennessee drivers are really bad too!!! I had a guy behind me the other day who was in such a big hurry that when I made my turn he passed me in the opposite lane(no passing zone of course) as I was turning. I then watched him pass three other cars ahead of me in a no passing zone. What's wrong with people!!!

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i h8 mean drivers like that. have u thought about writing a strongly worded letter to the editor of ur local paper? he might never see it but maybe he will and it could make him or others like him think twice before they hurt some1.

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel vulnerable enough driving around in a car, but what about people on two-wheeled vehicles? I feel sorry for people who have to get around on mopeds. Cripes, you could hit one of those things and never know it and just drive off.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm totally sick of the people who talk on the phone while driving. Everytime I see someone driving slow or during something stupid, chances are there is a phone plastered to their ear.
Hang up and drive!!!!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OR...how about the people who are EATING and/or DRINKING while driving?
WATCHING TV is also a good one
; READING is a close second
, and PUTTING ON MASCARA -- I KID YOU NOT -- has gotta rank up there pretty high, too.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Bad drivers eh?

1. Car in front VERY SLOWLY approaching red light and finally stopping with about 3 car spaces in front of them.

2. In the wrong lane. This really annoys me.
People switching lanes in front of you, then switching back to your lane expecting to be let in by you, then going again. This happens a lot near my house and because I know the lane I should be in, it really really REALLY gets on my nerves.
Well, I can agree there's always an idiot when you're in a hurry

I can understand why people creep up to red lights and leave a lot of space for two reasons:
Stopping and starting uses up a lot of gas, if you can just slow down until the light turns green, you'll save a little and you won't have to start up from a dead stop.
Those of us who have been rear-ended, or turned into an automotive sandwich, understand leaving a lot of space. I always leave a car length because you don't know who's not paying attention! I was once at a complete stop when some girl plowed into me going about 35mph, she totaled her car, crumpled my back end and pushed me (from a complete stop) into the car ahead. The only thing that saved me from serious injury and totaling my own car was the space in between cars. Why did she just plow into a line of cars stopped at a light?? Well, she was talking on the phone with one hand and smoking with the other (yes, folks, another way smoking kills!)

As far as wrong lanes, I have some sympathy for folks who might not know where they're going, but if they changed lanes because they're impatient and now they want me to help them butt in line...well