Canada's Wonderland

megagene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't been to Canada's Wonderland since 1994. I was there to see a Depeche Mode concert. I need to go back some day though because I love roller coasters.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of it. Looks like fun though

I have been to the West Edmonton Mall back in the early 1990's and went on the rides there. Not sure if they still have it, but there was a roller coaster that was so fast that you were literally pinned to your seat from the G-Force and if you had your eyes open at the time the ride took off, you couldn't close them, LOL

They also had a "Drop of Doom" where you were seated in a chair and taken straight up to the top of a really high tower and then just dropped at full speed! Now that was freaky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

They also had a "Drop of Doom" where you were seated in a chair and taken straight up to the top of a really high tower and then just dropped at full speed! Now that was freaky.
They have one like that at Wonderland. I have never been on it though because the line is always really long and the ride doesnt hold many people so it takes a loooong time to get on.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

They have one like that at Wonderland. I have never been on it though because the line is always really long and the ride doesnt hold many people so it takes a loooong time to get on.
Would you believe that when that ride was new to Wonderland that we stood in line for 3 hours for one turn? Yup, pretty nuts, but oh it was great!

I'm 60 years old and I've never gotten over my love for the rides. I still go with our daughter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Would you believe that when that ride was new to Wonderland that we stood in line for 3 hours for one turn? Yup, pretty nuts, but oh it was great!

I'm 60 years old and I've never gotten over my love for the rides. I still go with our daughter.
I believe it. Yesterday I was in line for over an hour for The Italian Job ride....twice! My cousin wanted to go on it after we had gone on, so we lined up a second time.
It was worth it though.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was there once in 1994 or 1995...can't remember which. I was still in high school and there was a class trip to Toronto.

All I remember about it was Smurf Village and the giant mushrooms.

I think they closed that. It was also very cold that day since it was March.