I can't believe how good he's feeling

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as much as I hate giving Jordan the pred every day, he's feeling really good. He isn't eating great, but he's eating enough. He's playing with the other cats again, and last night he was trying to knock things off the dresser was I was getting ready for bed. Then around 12:30 AM he knocked over the garbage can. These are all normal Jordan things to do. It's so good to see him being naughty cause I know that means he's feeling good.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats wonderful to hear that Jordan is doing better!

Hopefully Jordan keeps doing good & keeps being his naughty self

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes Pred is not the greatest long term med but for chronic issues it is a life saver ... I am so happy Jordan is doing well ...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he's feeling well!

Raven's doing good on the Metacam. He was even running around yesterday! He hasn't done that in a couple weeks at least. I have to get some more Metacam from the vet's today. That stuff is a miracle
drug.

Your suggestion of Salmon FF was a good one too. Raven ate it right up yesterday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I'm so glad he's feeling well!

Raven's doing good on the Metacam. He was even running around yesterday! He hasn't done that in a couple weeks at least. I have to get some more Metacam from the vet's today. That stuff is a miracle
drug.

Your suggestion of Salmon FF was a good one too. Raven ate it right up yesterday.
I'm glad to hear that. I was thinking about you & Raven last night wondering how he was doing. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Jordan did eat dry food this morning (with a little help from Mom sometimes he likes when I hand feed him) Then after he seemed a little lumpy, but after I got him to come down off the cabinets he did something he used to do all the time. As I was getting ready to leave he kept jumping on my shoulder trying to make me stay. I had to leave, but it killed me to leave him. I made sure to tell him how much I love him. I have class tonight, but I'm going to run home before and make sure he's OK. I just can't get past this need to constantly check on him.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I'm glad to hear that. I was thinking about you & Raven last night wondering how he was doing. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Jordan did eat dry food this morning (with a little help from Mom sometimes he likes when I hand feed him) Then after he seemed a little lumpy, but after I got him to come down off the cabinets he did something he used to do all the time. As I was getting ready to leave he kept jumping on my shoulder trying to make me stay. I had to leave, but it killed me to leave him. I made sure to tell him how much I love him. I have class tonight, but I'm going to run home before and make sure he's OK. I just can't get past this need to constantly check on him.
Thanks.
It's such a relief to have him eating again. My DH and I are working on a cat tree this week. We should have it done in a day or 2. We thought he'd like it if he could see over our balcony rail.

I know what you mean about constantly checking on him. I'm so thankful I work part-time, because I have more time with him. I've been getting Raven to eat FF Gourmet Gold from the treat jar (a sample size jar I got when Gourmet Gold was new) when he won't eat much else. It's not great, but it's still AAFCO approved cat food.
Today he ate some FF Cod Sole & Shrimp loaf and some Nutro kibble before I left for work.