Daily Thread Monday 27 August

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well good morning, evening and afternoon everyone. Did we all have a great weekend?

Today was a freaking hot, hot day (can I say freaking? its hard to keep up with what is and what is not allowed recently) I was sweating like a pig all day, doing the house work.

Weaning Ryu off wet at the moment but I'm still a little worried as he only chews about 1/5 of his dry, simply swallows the rest. And what a little guts he has become, obviously the meds worked wonders for him. If he keeps up at this rate he's going to send me and the wife straight to the poor house.

As for the rest of the day,

Anyway have a great monday everyone and welcome back to work.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitties do actually swallow most of their dry food without chewing

Sorry to hear about your hot day. We had the same, we've pretty much jumped from 10c to 25c in a couple of weeks. Next weekend is the first week of Spring and it already feels like Summer
i had to take my fan out and only a few days ago i was using a hot water bottle for my feet!

6 days till i go away!!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's HOT like always here...unfortunately I don't have AC in my car...so even just a 15 min drive makes me sweaty and gross...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another day above 90 here. No relief expected until Friday. At least it was reasonably cooler overnight.

Have a good Monday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jarvis

Yeah it's HOT like always here...unfortunately I don't have AC in my car...so even just a 15 min drive makes me sweaty and gross...
LOL we have aircon in the car but never use it. No aircon in the house though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa, Freaking used to be censored! I wonder if they uncensored
?

Anyway..morning peeps! No time today...but good moooooooooorning indeed. I am going on vacation in 2 days!!

Edited to add...I guess they did not uncensor my favorite word

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Whoa, Freaking used to be censored! I wonder if they uncensored
?

Anyway..morning peeps! No time today...but good moooooooooorning indeed. I am going on vacation in 2 days!!

Edited to add...I guess they did not uncensor my favorite word
Really? I thought we just weren't allowed to use the word itself or replace letters with asterix's. Well I think a child or whatever is going to know the word, no matter what you do to cover it up.

Where will you go for vacation?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Really? I thought we just weren't allowed to use the word itself or replace letters with asterix's. Well I think a child or whatever is going to know the word, no matter what you do to cover it up.

Where will you go for vacation?
I am off to Ottawa! I am in a wedding this Saturday and then off to visit friends and family after that

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morning!

Just called in sick- Had congested nose all weekend, last night I had a fever of 101F. My boss is not going to be happy since she's also out today & her boss is flying in from Atlanta today. My back still aches and nose is still congested. Just took some DayQuil & as soon as kitties done eating, I'm back to bed.

Happy Monday

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice day here, sunny and breezy.

Hard to believe August is almost over,
come on September...

Heading off to work as usual. Short day today, however, my boss and I were suppose to go over some stuff this afternoon but he has decided that the golf coarse would be a better place to spend his time today...Suits me just fine gives me a little R&R as well.

Kitties are good, bird watching right now, there are group of crows making a racket across the river and that has them transfixed for now.

Everyone have a good one.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just handed in my resignation letter

So far no one is trying to keep me (but I told one person about the job and they were actually excited for me).

Anyhoo, now I'm just starting to look for places to live. I'm excited.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!!! Just got back from the V-E-T with Noodles. He noticed a bit of a heart murmur that no one else had ever mentioned before. She was still upset from the car ride and her heart rate was way up too, so he said that may be making it more noticeable. He said on the scale of how easy it was to hear, it was about in the middle. Everything else looked good. And no hissing so far!

Other than that, it's grocery day. I think I'm gonna need a nap today too.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!!

Its raining!!! That cut my workday short-only 2 hours in. Oh well can't control the weather.
Its coolish too-only 63F (17C) currently-supposed to get to 83F today. More rain predicted the next couple of days then day and mid-70's!!
Have some laundry to fold and put away, I suppose I could do some vaccuming and ironing. We'll see.....
Farfalle with sausage, tomatoes and cream for dinner tonite (and salad).

Have a good Monday and enjoy the last weekof August!!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning/evening all!!

Looks like we may get some relief from the heat today, not suppose to be as hot, only about 95 today, better than the 105 we have been having, any how some more relief expected by the weekend only highs of 86, can't hardly wait!!

Not alot on the agenda today, have to run into town and pick up some prescriptions and back to the house. Been doing some laundry and trying to straighten up the house so far.

Kits are all good this morning, seems like they were starving to death, gobbled their food like no tomorrow!!

Anyhow, hope everyone has a Great Monday!!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hot here today too, though not as bad as it's been- only about 85. But brrrrr-cold in my workplace! This is my first day back at work since my surgery two and a half weeks ago and I'm already so tired. Good thing I only work a half day. Surgery really takes it out of you!
Our new kitty (got her yesterday- no name yet) still hadn't budged from under the bed this morning. We left her closed into the safe-room (bedroom) with food and water and litter and toys so I hope she'll get a bit more confident over the day...
It's pizza day at work today
I'm staying until 12:30 and having pizza with my coworkers and then I'll go home. Maybe the new kitty will come out to see me tonight?
I hope so. I want her to feel at home and comfortable as soon as possible.

taterkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody! Another hot day here also but I slept most of the day since I'm working graveyard right now. Four more days though and I start vacation!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
Hope everybody has had a wonderful day!!