Suicidal Drivers

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I was driving through Columbus yesterday and this guy with a completely beat up Taurus pulls up next to me (windshield cracked, rear windows blown out, looked like passenger side got T-boned, lights busted). Just as I think to myself "man what the heck happened to this guy", he starts weaving back and forth, and then cuts in front of me with literally 2 feet of space between us, and then brakes HARD!

I quickly change lanes to the right because I didn't have space/room to come to a stop, and then he tries to pull the stunt again!

Luckily we came up to a red light and once that light turned green I floored it the hell out of there.

I wish I had someone else in the car with a vid cam. Probably out to scam people for insurance money. People like that don't belong on the roads.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Probably out to scam people for insurance money. People like that don't belong on the roads.
That's what I was thinking. I hate just the regular people who drive all crazy on the interstate and have dented front/rear ends. You know that probably happened from driving all crazy! You would think they would be more careful.

Glad you were able to avoid that $#*%#$&

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like an insurance scam. I'm sure he also had an accomplice somewhere near to stop and be the "witness" or to help box someone in.

That kind of insurance scam is one of the most senseless and devoid of conscience. It hurts everyone from the cost of insurance to medical care to pay for that kind of crap. The penalties just aren't serious enough.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's how we drive here
Well I try not to, but seriously we were on our way to the Tigers game on Saturday and that happened twice (in the 20 minute drive). Basically I didn't exist.

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was going to say it sounds like he's trying to get insurance money. There are some crazies out there that's for sure!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You must be from florida, and if not, then you know what it feels like evey day here. . . family asks why i speed and it keep telling them it is to stay the h-e-doubble hockey sticks away from people like that, if i am in front of them moving faster then they are they cant hit me! lol

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

So I was driving through Columbus yesterday and this guy with a completely beat up Taurus pulls up next to me (windshield cracked, rear windows blown out, looked like passenger side got T-boned, lights busted). Just as I think to myself "man what the heck happened to this guy", he starts weaving back and forth, and then cuts in front of me with literally 2 feet of space between us, and then brakes HARD!

I quickly change lanes to the right because I didn't have space/room to come to a stop, and then he tries to pull the stunt again!

Luckily we came up to a red light and once that light turned green I floored it the hell out of there.

I wish I had someone else in the car with a vid cam. Probably out to scam people for insurance money. People like that don't belong on the roads.
I agree 100%, and when you see some people driving beat up rust buggies you have to wonder to yourself "what's really going on". Im glad you didnt get into a wreck this that guy!